Ricky Martin Urges Latinos To Unite Against Donald Trump

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
55df3b8a1d00006e0014612b.jpg

“Why would he assume he has the right to make absurd, incoherent, and ignorant comments about us?”

Ricky Martin has had enough of Donald Trump’s “xenophobic” rhetoric against Latinos. And the singer wants Latinos to do something about it.

After the Republican presidential candidate removed Hispanic journalist Jorge Ramos from a press conference in Iowa on Tuesday, Martin felt compelled to write a scathing op-ed against Trump.

“The fact that a person like Donald Trump… has the gall to continue to freely harass the Latino community day after day makes my blood boil,” the 43-year-old wrote in his piece, published Wednesday in Spanish on Univision and in English on Fusion, the sister networks that Ramos works for. “Why would he assume he has the right to make absurd, incoherent, and ignorant comments about us?”

“I am not surprised Trump would aim so low,” he continued. “I am surprised that we Hispanics continue to accept these aggressions and accusations by individuals like Trump who continue to attack our dignity.”

Martin continued to urge Latinos to stand together against the presidential candidate.

“Let’s not tolerate any politician using insults in the campaign,” he wrote. “Let’s respect those first-generation Latinos that arrived in the U.S. and opened a path for all of us. Each right that we have today, we have fought for.”

Reggaeton star Wisin later joined Martin with a rallying cry of his own against Trump via a press release.

Read Ricky Martin's full op-ed on Fusion.

More: Ricky Martin Urges Latinos To Unite Against Donald Trump In Op-Ed

I applaud Latinos for fighting back against Trump.

Well if Ricky Martin says it......

Ahh who cares. If Ricky is offended so be it. Sometimes the truth isn't always pleasant to hear. Ricky is coming from a place of emotion rather than being rational about immigration. This is America and we have laws, laws that must be adhered to. I speak for a majority of American's when I say that we welcome EVERYONE from EVERYWHERE..........LEGALLY. There's nothing racist, insulting or bigoted about it.

He's being a pussy and needs to man up and look at the situation rationally. There are immigration laws and they need to be enforced, plain and simple.

Do you form all your opinions from what has been entertainers tell you to? No need to answer that question, I already know the answer.

Whites will need 65% of the vote to win with the hispanics, asians and blacks voting mostly democrat. They won't get more then 60% as white woman won't vote for it.

65% just to win like Bush...This isn't the 80's and your strategy sucks.

So we get 4 more years of the same screwing over by the same politicians in our continued race to the bottom. we have the government we deserve.

Some lip-syncher who hasn't had a hit since "La Vida Loca", is now the spokes-homo for the entire Hispanic race?

Maybe if all the vatos follow his lead and start sucking dicks instead, there won't be so many anchor babies.

I doubt Latinos need to hear it from him or anyone else. They're hearing it come out of Trump's mouth every day.

Trump is a disaster. Funny, yes. And he was even mildly entertaining for a few days but he's a one trick pony and his schtick is embarrassing us around the world.

Jorge Ramos severly injured Trump's candidacy. He can't win on his base by itself. It is less than 10% of the entire electorate. Trump must get more than 40% of the Latino vote.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back