Responsibility for your OWN life.

No. You assume you do. That way you dont have to put in any effort in this life. Convenient no?

Ok splain it to me. How can one know for absolute certain that heaven or any afterlife exists before they exit this life?

And like Spock I have been dead before.
I saw nothing while dead.

By learning it from God.

Learn from one that is not there. Very logical.

Which god?
The ghost?
The son?
or the god of the Muslims?

Last edited:
Athiests are being praised? Come to the bible belt and procliam you are an atheist. At best you will be very lonley. At worst no job and perhaps physical violence against you or your family.

Link, please, which shows the persecution of atheists in the bible belt. Please. I beg you.

Athiests are being praised? Come to the bible belt and procliam you are an atheist. At best you will be very lonley. At worst no job and perhaps physical violence against you or your family.
Baloney. Appeal to stereotype baloney.

LOL. I was raised in and live in stereotypical baloney.
It is called the south.
And red as hell except for enclaves of academia.

Do you live in KY or the south?

☭proletarian☭;1834214 said:
f there are no consequences for your sins now, why would you " live a life that respects our fellow human beings? "

Why do you people need the pits of hell to keep you from raping and murdering? It reveals you as really shitty people, donchyathink?

Good question. Why are you that way?
TC-22186-MainIcon.jpg

f there are no consequences for your sins now, why would you " live a life that respects our fellow human beings? "

Why do you people need the pits of hell to keep you from raping and murdering? It reveals you as really shitty people, donchyathink?

You have no respect for life in general, or other humans. That you have made clear. So, I tame my statement back, you do live a "hell" of a life, without respect for anything or anyone. Why did I think otherwise?

Christians don't need religion or anything in order to live as well as you think you are living. We do know that we need God. We are not like Atheists who according to the Bible are fools because they say there is no God.

So, go ahead and live your life. Learn something that is true about Christians before you make foolish trash comments about them. Atheists are not the enemy of God unless they choose to be. You seem to have made that choice.

You have no respect for life in general, or other humans. That you have made clear.

:eusa_eh:
Christians don't need religion or anything in order to live as well as you think you are living. We do know that we need God.
:eusa_eh:
We are not like Atheists who according to the Bible are fools because they say there is no God.
:lol:

Athiests are FAR stronger emotionally than those who insist that "GOD" is responsible for EVERYTHING.

People who believe in God do not say, or even give Him full responsibility for their behaviors. However, just the fact that they ask for forgiveness means they at lease admit that they are sinners. Atheists don't actually take responsibility because they don't admit they are sinners.

You see we athiets can't assuage our guilt by praying to a "GOD" for forgiveness we must ATTONE for our acts through our future acts or accept the fact that we are without morals or character. We can not commit attrocities and beg for a death bed reprive from punishment from a "GOD" and if we could then WHY would we live a life that respects our fellow human beings?

Why do you have to atone for anything? Do you ever ask anyone for forgiveness? If you do, then you seem to be able to not take responsibility for at least those sins. If there are no consequences for your sins now, why would you " live a life that respects our fellow human beings? "

No, let's not consider Westboro. They are not worthy of our consideration. They do not fit into any of the Christian community, in any way.

Falwell AND Robertson both well respected "Christians" have BOTH said that 9/11 was GOD'S punishment for our "GODLESS" society. What kind of a sick FUCKER would say that 3000+ Americans DESERVED to die!!!???

In the context of what those men said, they were not saying that the ones who died were being punished for their sinful contribution to the sick American immoral way of life. All of the believers who were killed in the events of that day are now with God in an awesome place. Those who were living without respect for the creator, well they also met Him and God made some judgement, or will, on them as well. The innocent (children) who died are also with God.

The judgment was on the nation, if that is what those events were. It may have been a warning that we are falling into favor with Satan. You do know that not all Christians believe that was God's judgment on America? Some of us just plain old don't know.

Athiests would NEVER utter such disgusting remarks!!!! Yet your Church LEADERS do so and you call CHRISTIANITY a religion of LOVE!!!???

You haven't experienced Christianity, so you don't know what it is. However, God will allow for a death bed repentence and request for forgivceness, if you get to that point.

WRONG. I have experienced Christianity, the BEST of Christianity, the Christianity that does SO MUCH selfless good in our world, the Christian love of my mother, sister and in-laws, the Christianity of FAITH. I respect THATChristianity because it IS based on FAITH not the religious doctrine that is so often used to guilt, bully, belittle, bash, or FORCE others to live the way "Christians" want the rest of us to.

Like I said LIVE by your religion, let it be a part of you and your family, let it be a part of your community, let it be the BEST part of your life but RESPECT the fact that we don't ALL share YOUR religious views QUIT TRYING to FORCE us to by trying to legislate your religious views on the rest of us.

One more thing I have asked for forgivness from the people I have wronged NOT from a God. I have at times forgotten my own values in the heat of the moment so I HAVE asked those wronged to forgive my transgressions, it makes more sense to me to ask those I have wronged rather than for forgivness from a God I have not directly wronged.

You have no respect for life in general, or other humans. That you have made clear. So, I tame my statement back, you do live a "hell" of a life, without respect for anything or anyone. Why did I think otherwise?

Christians don't need religion or anything in order to live as well as you think you are living. We do know that we need God. We are not like Atheists who according to the Bible are fools because they say there is no God.

So, go ahead and live your life. Learn something that is true about Christians before you make foolish trash comments about them. Atheists are not the enemy of God unless they choose to be. You seem to have made that choice.

Quite often Athiests are the enemy of those who would FORCE us to bow to their God either LITERALLY or FIGURATIVLEY. When we see "Christians" trying to legislate their RELIGIOUS values on the rest of society we MUST stand up and object.

WRONG. I have experienced Christianity, the BEST of Christianity, the Christianity that does SO MUCH selfless good in our world, the Christian love of my mother, sister and in-laws, the Christianity of FAITH. I respect THATChristianity because it IS based on FAITH not the religious doctrine that is so often used to guilt, bully, belittle, bash, or FORCE others to live the way "Christians" want the rest of us to. .

I cannot tell you what you have or have not experienced. I can tell you that if you have experienced Christianity, it is from the outside only. Based upon what you have said, you have not seen the inside of what Christianity really is.

What you seem to rerspect is behavior, not Christianity or anything related to Christianity. If the Christianity that you way you respect was really true in your mind, you would not paint all of Christianity with such a broad, black brush. The Christianity that you say you respect appears to be the ONLY true Christianity. It is 100% based upon a real and personal relationship with the living almighty God. That is the Christianity I asm living within. We are not perfect who live in that faith. We are sinners, and only the God we worship can fully forgive us.

Like I said LIVE by your religion, let it be a part of you and your family, let it be a part of your community, let it be the BEST part of your life but RESPECT the fact that we don't ALL share YOUR religious views QUIT TRYING to FORCE us to by trying to legislate your religious views on the rest of us.

I have not forced anything upon anyone. However, the Savior in that "religion" that I rather refer to as a "relationship," says this, "I am the Way, the Truth and the Life, NO man comes to the Father (God) but by Me." Now, if you call that forcing our faith on you, then you have no respect at all for the Christian faith. We are instructed to tell that very message to the world. If you call that forcing anything, you have no respect for Christianity at all. We don't need religiou, much less to legislate it.

One more thing I have asked for forgivness from the people I have wronged NOT from a God. I have at times forgotten my own values in the heat of the moment so I HAVE asked those wronged to forgive my transgressions, it makes more sense to me to ask those I have wronged rather than for forgivness from a God I have not directly wronged.

So, are you saying that if you ask forgiveness from those you have wronged that means that you are teking responsibility for your wrongs? If so, how is it that when we ask God to forgive us, because we believe we have wronged Him in our sin, we are not taking responsibility for our wrongs? Double standard.

We believe that when we sin we sin against God. That is what those people you so much respect in the Christian faith also believe. If they don't believe that way, they disagree with God.

Quite often Athiests are the enemy of those who would FORCE us to bow to their God either LITERALLY or FIGURATIVLEY. When we see "Christians" trying to legislate their RELIGIOUS values on the rest of society we MUST stand up and object.

What about those who try to force immorality by legislation? Gay marriage, abortion for convenience, and such? You want us to bow to your god, but have a problem when our God is present and you think you have to bow to Him. Don't bow! He cares, but will not force you to. However, one day you will, and it will be voluntarily. Why, because you will see just how awesome He really is, and you will see His love clearly, but may not be able to reach out to it.

You don't have to believe anything I say. You don't have to read my posts. That means I amm not forcing anything on you.

What about those who try to force immorality by legislation? Gay marriage, abortion for convenience, and such? You want us to bow to your god, but have a problem when our God is present and you think you have to bow to Him. Don't bow! He cares, but will not force you to. However, one day you will, and it will be voluntarily. Why, because you will see just how awesome He really is, and you will see His love clearly, but may not be able to reach out to it.

You don't have to believe anything I say. You don't have to read my posts. That means I amm not forcing anything on you.

Gay marriage is not immoral IMO. I do not expect you to bow to any god. I don't even have one. Here's a thought - if you have gay feelings towards another man, don't act upon them. If you knock your wife up, make sure she feels the way you do about abortion. IOW, it's YOUR OWN BUSINESS - nobody else's....Ditto you towards what others are doing with their lives..

How can something be awesome if it doesn't exist?

Last edited:

No we seek to let people make their OWN moral decisions which are NOT based on YOUR religious dogma but on their OWN beliefs. You have NO RIGHT (in this country) to legislate from your holy book. Why do you think the pilgrims fled from the CHURCH STATE!?

WRONG. I have experienced Christianity, the BEST of Christianity, the Christianity that does SO MUCH selfless good in our world, the Christian love of my mother, sister and in-laws, the Christianity of FAITH. I respect THATChristianity because it IS based on FAITH not the religious doctrine that is so often used to guilt, bully, belittle, bash, or FORCE others to live the way "Christians" want the rest of us to. .

I cannot tell you what you have or have not experienced. I can tell you that if you have experienced Christianity, it is from the outside only. Based upon what you have said, you have not seen the inside of what Christianity really is.

What you seem to rerspect is behavior, not Christianity or anything related to Christianity. If the Christianity that you way you respect was really true in your mind, you would not paint all of Christianity with such a broad, black brush. The Christianity that you say you respect appears to be the ONLY true Christianity. It is 100% based upon a real and personal relationship with the living almighty God. That is the Christianity I asm living within. We are not perfect who live in that faith. We are sinners, and only the God we worship can fully forgive us.

I have not forced anything upon anyone. However, the Savior in that "religion" that I rather refer to as a "relationship," says this, "I am the Way, the Truth and the Life, NO man comes to the Father (God) but by Me." Now, if you call that forcing our faith on you, then you have no respect at all for the Christian faith. We are instructed to tell that very message to the world. If you call that forcing anything, you have no respect for Christianity at all. We don't need religiou, much less to legislate it.

So, are you saying that if you ask forgiveness from those you have wronged that means that you are teking responsibility for your wrongs? If so, how is it that when we ask God to forgive us, because we believe we have wronged Him in our sin, we are not taking responsibility for our wrongs? Double standard.

We believe that when we sin we sin against God. That is what those people you so much respect in the Christian faith also believe. If they don't believe that way, they disagree with God.

You kind of make my point here.......You ask for GOD to forgive you and WE ask for forgivness from those we PERSONALLY WRONGED. Seems to me that that would mean MUCH more to the person wronged.

Ohh it is much easier to go along and pretend to believe to be a Christian and you will be rewarded in heaven for the suffering your fellow man put you thru here. btw he will of course be going to heaven as well Since he repented and the devil was makiing him do it. ;)
It is much more difficult to not believe In God, heaven or hell and bear responsibility for your actions than to blame things on satan and believe you will be rewarded and god is answering your prayers, etc/
It is comfoting to those who bleieve.

ON a side note I wonder of self avowed christians, how many actually believe? And how many are just going along becuase of family and peer pressure?

Wow, your knowledge of Christianity and Christians is so very.......limited. It is funny how non believers worry so much about what Christians think and do however misguided their statements are.

Oh as far as athiests being "PRAISED" there is ONE count him ONE Athiest in the Senate so don't try to sell that BS here.

So i suppose we should ignore so called academia and hollywood?

And there may be one open politician in the Senate (Ignoring the fact that there are tons of other government positions), but that doesnt mean he is the only one. We all know the politicians love to use religion to get votes.

Forum List

Back