Responsibility for your OWN life.

Quite often Athiests are the enemy of those who would FORCE us to bow to their God either LITERALLY or FIGURATIVLEY. When we see "Christians" trying to legislate their RELIGIOUS values on the rest of society we MUST stand up and object.

So instead we should bend over and let you shove your values up our ass against our will. So much for representative government actually reflecting the people.

So instead we should bend over and let you shove your values up our ass against our will.
Between the irony and the random sodomy post, I'm not sure whether to laugh or tryto hook up on a date with Charlie Bass.

☭proletarian☭;1836170 said:
So instead we should bend over and let you shove your values up our ass against our will.
Between the irony and the random sodomy post, I'm not sure whether to laugh or tryto hook up on a date with Charlie Bass.

I was wondering where I could buy tickets to The Event, and if it was BYOB?

Gay marriage is not immoral IMO. I do not expect you to bow to any god. I don't even have one. Here's a thought - if you have gay feelings towards another man, don't act upon them. If you knock your wife up, make sure she feels the way you do about abortion. IOW, it's YOUR OWN BUSINESS - nobody else's....Ditto you towards what others are doing with their lives..

I can understand your opinion. However, it is a religious issue because it is addressed in the Bible. Therefore, if Christians cannot deal with such issues in legislation, then neither can others. It does work both ways. I do want yo make this comment, I don't hate gays, I live them. I don't believe being gay is a sin, any more than being heterosexual is a sin. It is in the way that orientation is lived out that can be defined as sin or not. Just like people have a right to use crappy language in songs and movies, and show scenes of immoral behavior even commercials, I believe freedom of speech crosses over into the words of the faithful as well.

How can something be awesome if it doesn't exist?

So, is it your opinion that God does not exist, or do you have some proof? I believe in faith that He is real, but my faith has proven to be the light that I needed to see plenty of proof in my life experience that He is absolutely real.

We believe that when we sin we sin against God. That is what those people you so much respect in the Christian faith also believe. If they don't believe that way, they disagree with God.

You kind of make my point here.......You ask for GOD to forgive you and WE ask for forgivness from those we PERSONALLY WRONGED. Seems to me that that would mean MUCH more to the person wronged.

I suppose I should have added, we are instructed in the word to go to those we have offended and ask forgiveness, and make amends. We offend both man and God when we sin against another person. It does have some psychological value to forgive and be forgiven by our fellow man.

not sure why your dating life iwth CB matters. but whatever.

you seem to think that values can exist in some sort of neutral forum. Thats not possible. You either have certain values or you have others. There isnt any space where some values dont exist.

Thus we are left to determine which values do we adopt. And how do we do that? Well our Founders set up a system where we can vote in representatives to pass laws and thus we the people can determine what values our system has. Which, of course, is why it's so offensive when people try to change things through judicial fiat or ignore what our values are in an effort to take away our say in the matter.

If you dont like the values we adopt as a society you have several options.

1 You can vote people in to represent your values
2 You can persuade them through argument to change societies values.
3 You can move somewhere else.

You cannot force society to adopt your values against their will. And if you dont like the current system, you dont have to participate. You can go somewhere else and set up a system you like. But dont get surprised when people arent just bending over for you.

Quite often Athiests are the enemy of those who would FORCE us to bow to their God either LITERALLY or FIGURATIVLEY. When we see "Christians" trying to legislate their RELIGIOUS values on the rest of society we MUST stand up and object.

So instead we should bend over and let you shove your values up our ass against our will. So much for representative government actually reflecting the people.

Where are those values being shoved up your arse?

☭proletarian☭;1835813 said:
[
I cannot tell you what you have or have not experienced.

yet you're about to
I can tell you that if you have experienced Christianity, it is from the outside only.

:rolleyes:

Half quotes will not get it. If you cannot quote me completely, don't quote me at all. The next sentence gave you what I based my statement on, and I was not telling you what you experienced, but what it appears you base your experience on.

*yawn(

You contradicted yourself and proves yourself a liar. Get mad at you, not me.

I'd type more, but I have vodka and Sixx AM, so I'm in a good mood

Last edited by a moderator:

not sure why your dating life iwth CB matters. but whatever.

you seem to think that values can exist in some sort of neutral forum. Thats not possible. You either have certain values or you have others. There isnt any space where some values dont exist.

Thus we are left to determine which values do we adopt. And how do we do that? Well our Founders set up a system where we can vote in representatives to pass laws and thus we the people can determine what values our system has. Which, of course, is why it's so offensive when people try to change things through judicial fiat or ignore what our values are in an effort to take away our say in the matter.

If you dont like the values we adopt as a society you have several options.

1 You can vote people in to represent your values
2 You can persuade them through argument to change societies values.
3 You can move somewhere else.

You cannot force society to adopt your values against their will. And if you dont like the current system, you dont have to participate. You can go somewhere else and set up a system you like. But dont get surprised when people arent just bending over for you.

Clearly either you wish to ignore the point of my argument or you just don't understand what FREEDOM means....Let me see if I can clarify for you.....

We live in a FREE society....That means freedom for ALL not just you!!! Do ya get it? Quite frankly we could wipe 99.9% of the "laws" off the books and allow the "PEOPLE" to live as their concience and lifestyle dictates. There are really only three or four laws that MUST be on the books for a functional society and despite the claims that our laws are based on the "Ten Comandments" they PREDATE Christianity and were present in EVERY functional society in history.

Don't kill (or hurt) your neighbor!!!

Don't steal from your neighbor!!!

Don't slander with the intent to HARM your neighbor.....we will call this one "Don't bare False Wintness" for you who maintain that our laws are based on the Ten Comandments.

What you REFUSE to acknowledge is that legislating YOUR values means that others have their FREEDOMS restricted. Tell me what gives YOU the right to STEAL away EVERYONE ELSE'S freedoms!

Another persons right to live as they wish takes NOTHING away from you nor does it DEMAND that you engage in ANYTHING you find morally objectionable so what gives you the right to limit another citizens FREEDOM!!!???

Live and let Live would be a good mantra for you to focus on.

Forum List

Back