Republicans vote against Bush tax cuts...

Year GDP-US $ billion Total Revenue -fed pct GDP/Total Revenue -state pct GDP/Total Revenue -local pct GDP

col. 2 is what you want I think...

2004 11867.8 15.84 a 10.40 a 6.89 a
2005 12638.4 17.04 a 10.26 a 6.77 a
2006 13398.9 17.97 a 10.65 a 6.93 a
2007 14077.6 18.24 a 11.66 a 7.31 a
2008 14441.4 17.48 a 8.56 a 6.97 a
2009 14258.2 14.76 a 8.35 g 7.41 g

Damn, what a bunch of wimp ass Conservatives. Let us take the real Fiscal Conservative route. The tax cuts expire for all. That would make a real dent in future deficits. Then let see that the corperations actually pay taxes.

But all we are going to hear on this crocodile tears for the poor millionaires. In the meantime, the unemployment rate is up to 9.8, and a bunch of peoples unemployment checks will run out about Christmas time. A real gift from our oh so Christian Conservatives.

Umm in that chart blue is federal income tax right?
Look at it since 2000.

yes its blue...the numbers are easier .............dot com bubble, there was a rescission in 2000-01. the cuts took place in mid 03..

1998 8793.5 19.58
1999 9353.5 19.54
2000 9951.5 20.35
2001 10286.2 19.36
2002 10642.3 17.42
2003 11142.1 16.00
2004 11867.8 15.84
2005 12638.4 17.04
2006 13398.9 17.97
2007 14077.6 18.24
2008 14441.4 17.48
2009 14258.2 14.76

The dirty little secret is that the Dems aren't telling us this is Gross income...not net.

If you're making over $250k but only have $50k in profit you're gonna get nailed with a huge increase in your taxes. Because of the weak economy many small businesses are in this state. This tax increase will force many of them to cut employees, shrink their business to fit the changing tax code, or just fold their business completely.

That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

Appropriate, given who posted it.

This was covered in another thread.

And this premise is as asinine as the other thread.

The vote was to raise taxes on those of us who make more then $250k, not to cut taxes. Nobody is getting a tax cut here.

This was to keep the Middle-Class Tax-Cuts that Dems claimed didn't exist for 7 years from expiring btw.
It's TIME that Republicans get "gamed".....for a CHANGE!!!!!

"When the tax cuts were enacted, with an expiration date, Republicans and Bush officials understood the political advantages of the “fiscal time bomb” they were setting. As Kurtz puts it: “At some point in the way distant future, Democrats could be accused of raising taxes if they tried to undo the Bush breaks and return to Clinton-era levels of taxationDemocrats understood this, too: Sen. Kent Conrad (D-ND) told the Washington Post at the time that “[Bush is] going to be out of office when the roof falls in

bushrove.jpg

Damn, what a bunch of wimp ass Conservatives. Let us take the real Fiscal Conservative route. The tax cuts expire for all. That would make a real dent in future deficits. Then let see that the corperations actually pay taxes.

I already said that.....fine by me, BUT everyone pays, NO MORE refundable tax credits. you game?

But all we are going to hear on this crocodile tears for the poor millionaires. In the meantime, the unemployment rate is up to 9.8, and a bunch of peoples unemployment checks will run out about Christmas time. A real gift from our oh so Christian Conservatives.

yes its up to 9.8%, so how is that obama econ. working for us? You know that Germany's unemployment rate is down 1.1% over the last year and 3 months? you making any connections yet?

Last edited:
Once again the democrats crushing incentive to make over 250k.

Or hire anyone we might have to insure.

Less jobs less income=less tax revenue in the long run.

I'm not going to push harder to make more money if the government is going to rob me of my money.

Last edited:
cui bono?

Sonny Bono's kid?

Actually not voting to extend the tax cuts is not voting for a tax increase.
It is just letting the origional bill expire like it was designed to.

Bush tried for years to make it permanent or at least extend it....and now the Dems are trying to use class-warfare to raise our taxes in the middle of a terrible economy. The Dems are the reason they were temporary.
The Dems pass edthe extension, genius.

All but three of the Reps voted- by your definition- to raise everyone's taxes.

The tax cut would only apply to all income over $250k. Thus if you make $300,000 you would see a 3% increase on only the $50,000 over $300k.

The argument that this will kill job creation of small businesses is also untrue. As the majority of small business owners do not have personal incomes of over $250k. The average small business owner makes between $35-$100k. It is a small minority that make over $250k. If the sticking point is $250k. I know people are willing to move the limit higher (possible $500k).

Then there comes the cost. The cost of the extending the middle class tax cut is projected at $2.2 trillion over the next 10 years, ending them for incomes over $250k adds another $700 billion. Can we even afford to add that much more do the debt? Are extending the tax cuts to the top income earners more important than unemployment benefits?

I am for either letting them all expire or only renewing the middle class. The reason being is that the middle class who has the biggest buying power, historically pumps any extra income into the market, while top earners will either save or invest it. Thus the argument that extending the tax cuts for the wealthy will curb job growth is dumb.

If you want to spur job growth through tax cuts or rebates, all small businesses who add employee to their payroll to have a tax rebate of of $500-1000 per employee, which will offset any rise in taxes..

The dirty little secret is that the Dems aren't telling us this is Gross income...not net.

If you're making over $250k but only have $50k in profit you're gonna get nailed with a huge increase in your taxes. Because of the weak economy many small businesses are in this state. This tax increase will force many of them to cut employees, shrink their business to fit the changing tax code, or just fold their business completely.

Appropriate, given who posted it.

There must be any number of chain e-mails going around. I'm floored by the number of ridiculously idiotic and utterly false information being proclaimed as fact around here.

The tax cut would only apply to all income over $250k. Thus if you make $300,000 you would see a 3% increase on only the $50,000 over $300k.

The argument that this will kill job creation of small businesses is also untrue. As the majority of small business owners do not have personal incomes of over $250k. The average small business owner makes between $35-$100k. It is a small minority that make over $250k. If the sticking point is $250k. I know people are willing to move the limit higher (possible $500k).

Then there comes the cost. The cost of the extending the middle class tax cut is projected at $2.2 trillion over the next 10 years, ending them for incomes over $250k adds another $700 billion. Can we even afford to add that much more do the debt? Are extending the tax cuts to the top income earners more important than unemployment benefits?

I am for either letting them all expire or only renewing the middle class. The reason being is that the middle class who has the biggest buying power, historically pumps any extra income into the market, while top earners will either save or invest it. Thus the argument that extending the tax cuts for the wealthy will curb job growth is dumb.

If you want to spur job growth through tax cuts or rebates, all small businesses who add employee to their payroll to have a tax rebate of of $500-1000 per employee, which will offset any rise in taxes..

Let them all expire, take the money, hire people to repave the entire planet. If that ain't enough, hire a few million people to dig a giant ditch and a few million more to re-fill it. THAT'S how you get things rolling. Tax cuts don't do you much good when you can't find a f**kin job. And, when you yourself don't have a job, you can't do the spending that in turn creates more jobs.

I'm not going to push harder to make more money if the government is going to rob me of my money.

Right, which is why there were no entrepreneurs before 2003. :rolleyes:

If the taxes revert to pre-Bush-era cuts for top earners...

Someone making 250,000 even will not see an increase.
300,000 - An extra $2300.
500,000 - An extra $11,500.
1,000,000 - An extra $34,500.

Hardly a disincentive to make money.

Right, which is why there were no entrepreneurs before 2003. :rolleyes:

If the taxes revert to pre-Bush-era cuts for top earners...

Someone making 250,000 even will not see an increase.
300,000 - An extra $2300.
500,000 - An extra $11,500.
1,000,000 - An extra $34,500.

Hardly a disincentive to make money.

Remember we're talking gross income....not actual profit. This $250 could reach into the profits of those who only have $30k taxable income.

And what's to stop them from changing the $250k to say $150k a few months down the road.

I'll tell you.

NOTHING!!!

I know....but it's true.

I made $200k last year...but my taxable income was only $30k. If I had made $50.01k more I would have fallen within the level that tax-increases would take place. Being self employed currently half of my taxable income would go to the government and would be taxed on a scale using my gross income not my actual profit. The only way to avoid this is apply for S type Corporation status and only pay myself a small wage out of that....but how long are they gonna allow this loop-hole? All they need to do is remove a few deductions and I have no profits.

Did you know that there are folks in the White House that believe Americans don't deserve any profit at all?

This is all up in the air because who knows what they'll eventually do. This uncertainty is why unemployment is nearly 10%. (Over 20% in reality) It's hard to plan for next year when you don't know what the tax code is gonna be.

Democrats are also talking about taking away deductions for those who aren't above the $250k mark so all of us are gonna see an increase.

They've purposely spent us into this mess.....they've given trillions to foreign banks and now want to finance all of this on the backs of the spoiled American worker.

Just how much of this do you think we're willing to take?

Last edited:

The reason we are in this mess is because the Democraps intentionally spent us into it.

Why would they do that?

Answer: To get to the point where we must allow the Bush Tax-cuts to expire.

That's all this is about.

Sonny Bono's kid?

Actually not voting to extend the tax cuts is not voting for a tax increase.
It is just letting the origional bill expire like it was designed to.

Bush tried for years to make it permanent or at least extend it....and now the Dems are trying to use class-warfare to raise our taxes in the middle of a terrible economy. The Dems are the reason they were temporary.
The Dems pass edthe extension, genius.

All but three of the Reps voted- by your definition- to raise everyone's taxes.

:lalala: You're not listening Jeffrey.

That's horseshit. Since when does the government tax the same return on two different scales???

They would tax all of it the same if your gross was above $250k.

You need to show me a link.....which I know you can't because the tax-code has yet to be written.

Forum List

Back