Republicans vote against Bush tax cuts...

And the other thing ou Statist wannabes need to understand that it isn't government's money in the first place.

Get that correct, and you're on your way to understanding.

Won't happen, you must understand the core of their beliefs revolve around the notion that money belongs to everybody.

That's why there is no place in arguing or working with them, just keep them marginalized and out of office.

We owe 12 trillion or whatever, and rising. That is our debt, yours and mine.

If you don't owe any of it, who owes your share?

Playing the Zero Sum Game I see. Sorry sport. Doesn't work.

The Democrats are going to let themselves be railroaded into extending all the tax cuts, which will continue to balloon the deficit, and what will the GOP'ers be running against Obama with in 2012?

hey, even charlie Rose knows theres an efficacy for higher yields of revenue in lower tax rates.

and the deficit is due to the current tax rate? does spending get calculated into that anywhere?

The deficit. Which they will label OBAMA'S deficit.

hey thats politics, you seem upset. they all play the game. and after 4 years it will be his responsibility just as it was for others.

The Democrats are going to let themselves be railroaded into extending all the tax cuts, which will continue to balloon the deficit, and what will the GOP'ers be running against Obama with in 2012?

However? They won't be there to spend anymore will they?

So, the "plan" is to get the Dems out so that they can't spend any more money. Then the Republicans can sit back and claim that they've done nothing to help the deficit (after all they gave the country a huge tax break) and keep pointing the finger at Obama??! How does that help anyone, rich or poor?

The after tax income of the top 1% of income earners went up 135% after the Bush tax cuts. The Bush tax cuts were (are) unfairly beneficial to the top 20% income brackets. All the Dems are asking for is for the playing field to be a bit more level. All the Republicans are asking for is for the current playing field to remain in play and for the deficit to continue on it's current path. That way they might have a shot at Obama's position in 2012.

The Republicans need to show me how their plan benefits anyone other then the top 20% income brackets. A 135% increase for the top 1% compared to a 17% for the middle class income brackets certainly doesn't sound "fair" to me.

Tell those assholes to stop all of the excessive spending.

You are in no position to whine as long as that's still going on.

Fucken dumbass

So, the "plan" is to get the Dems out so that they can't spend any more money. Then the Republicans can sit back and claim that they've done nothing to help the deficit (after all they gave the country a huge tax break) and keep pointing the finger at Obama??! How does that help anyone, rich or poor?

The after tax income of the top 1% of income earners went up 135% after the Bush tax cuts. The Bush tax cuts were (are) unfairly beneficial to the top 20% income brackets. All the Dems are asking for is for the playing field to be a bit more level. All the Republicans are asking for is for the current playing field to remain in play and for the deficit to continue on it's current path. That way they might have a shot at Obama's position in 2012.

The Republicans need to show me how their plan benefits anyone other then the top 20% income brackets. A 135% increase for the top 1% compared to a 17% for the middle class income brackets certainly doesn't sound "fair" to me.

As we speak they're still throwing it around like it's monopoly money. That has to cease immediately.

All the Repugs have to do to reverse the trend is stop the giveaways that continue to go on. Then they can cut off all of the funding for all of those stupid bills the Dems passed.

It will take years to recover but the above will get us headed back in the right direction.

It extends the tax cuts on income up to $250k

By your 'reasoning', the Republicans voted today to raise taxes on everyone

You were talking about asinine premises?

No...dumbass....this was a vote to raise taxes....not to cut taxes.

It allows the tax-cuts to expire on the rich which means a massive tax increase.

Nope just letting a temporary tax reduction expire.

Oh boy... another "your taxes will be higher, but their not being raised" post.

Fat, drunk and stupid gets you nowhere, and coincidently? Neither does Class warfare.

Keep drinking the Statist punch you partisan moron.

Washington (CNN) - Two Senate procedural votes on Democratic measures to extend George W. Bush-era tax cuts for people who are not super wealthy failed on Saturday, preventing the measures from moving forward.

The votes sought to extend the Bush tax cuts for families making under $250,000 and $1 million, respectively.

Both votes garnered the support of 53 senators, but the Democrats needed 60 votes to end debate.

Anderson Cooper 360: Blog Archive - Democratic procedural votes on extending Bush tax cuts fail in Senate - CNN.com Blogs

This was covered in another thread.

And this premise is as asinine as the other thread.

The vote was to raise taxes on those of us who make more then $250k, not to cut taxes. Nobody is getting a tax cut here.

This was to keep the Middle-Class Tax-Cuts
that Dems claimed didn't exist for 7 years from expiring btw.

No matter how many times you say it, it's still false.

The vote was to raise taxes on those of us who make more then $250k, not to cut taxes. Nobody is getting a tax cut here.

This was to keep the Middle-Class Tax-Cuts that Dems claimed didn't exist for 7 years from expiring btw.

Is it? And why did you reduce the size of the font Handsome Tramp?

Up to your Hannity.com tricks as usual?

This was to keep the Middle-Class Tax-Cuts that Dems claimed didn't exist for 7 years from expiring btw.

In order to highlight what I wanted to highlight, since he also had a sentence bolded.

Why does that upset you, NightTrain? Up to your old Hannity tricks of never actually debating?

In order to highlight what I wanted to highlight, since he also had a sentence bolded.

Why does that upset you, NightTrain? Up to your old Hannity tricks of never actually debating?

:eusa_eh: NightTrain?

Really?

Go smoke another Bong full.

Won't happen, you must understand the core of their beliefs revolve around the notion that money belongs to everybody.

That's why there is no place in arguing or working with them, just keep them marginalized and out of office.

We owe 12 trillion or whatever, and rising. That is our debt, yours and mine.

If you don't owe any of it, who owes your share?

Playing the Zero Sum Game I see. Sorry sport. Doesn't work.

So you don't consider any of your tax liability responsible for paying down the national debt?

How then do you propose to pay it down?

[childish namecalling removed]

The Democrats just want some more tax revenue to pay for the Republican spending we've been saddled with.

Fat, drunk and stupid gets you nowhere, and coincidently? Neither does Class warfare.

Keep drinking the Statist punch you partisan moron.

Class warfare? Did I say anything about Class warfare?

Although, it is a good point ... a quick look at history will show you that any and every government that has allowed the rich and powerful of their society to rule they eventually the classes will revolt, just look at the Romans, the Russians, the Chinese, Germany of the 1930's, etc. etc. But, that wasn't my point was it? It was your ignorant comment.

Along with throwing in a few poorly chosen insults. Which is just "playing Par" for your "kind".

You claim to be right and yet can't see how foolish you appear when instead of commenting about an important issue, you choose to resort to name calling and insults. Showing just how narrow or closed minded you really are.

I'll keep drinking my punch, thank you. But, right now I think I'll go load up my bong and take a huge rip!

And the Democrats passed an extension

only three republicans voted to extend

20 Democrats voted against the extension

Of course they did. Why should they let a lame duck Congress and sore loser president push through part of what they want, when they can just wait till Jan and pass the Bill they want.

Obama and the Dems have DONE NOTHING AT ALL over the last 2 years to inspire a great desire to work with them on anything. What goes around comes around.

The Democrats just want some more tax revenue to pay for the Republican spending we've been saddled with.

Are you joking, stupid, or just a fucking asshole?

pay for Republican Spending?

You take the cake.

Nobody and I mean nobody has ever spent as fast, or as much as Obama and the Congressional Dems.

you need a reality check.

And the Democrats passed an extension

only three republicans voted to extend

20 Democrats voted against the extension

The Republicans were not voting for a tax hike, or to raise taxes in any way.

They were voting so that the dems will realize that the tax cuts need to ALL be extended.

So, Republicans are voting for the extension of the tax cuts.

That is what they said they were going to do. Liberals just cannot seem to understand common sense.

Stop being a partisan hack. The gross overspending has been a bipartisan effort.

Forum List

Back