Hillary Clinton: Secretary of State is "My Last Public Position"

Intense

Aug 2, 2009
Secretary of State Hillary Clinton has once more reiterated that she will not run for president in 2012, going so far as to refer to her current role in government as "my last public position."

At a town hall meeting appearance in Manama, Bahrain on Friday, Clinton denied intentions to run for either president or vice president on the ticket with President Obama, who defeated her in the 2008 Democratic presidential primary. Some experts have also speculated that she could replace Robert Gates next year when he retires as secretary of defense.

"I think I will serve as secretary of state as my last public position," she said. Clinton's career has included not only her current position as secretary of state, but also eight years in the Senate representing New York.

Hillary Clinton: Secretary of State is "My Last Public Position" - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

As controversial as Hillary has been in my life and yours, I think it is a mistake for her to walk away from Government Service. She is a force to be reckoned with, and is not done yet.

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton has once more reiterated that she will not run for president in 2012, going so far as to refer to her current role in government as "my last public position."

At a town hall meeting appearance in Manama, Bahrain on Friday, Clinton denied intentions to run for either president or vice president on the ticket with President Obama, who defeated her in the 2008 Democratic presidential primary. Some experts have also speculated that she could replace Robert Gates next year when he retires as secretary of defense.

"I think I will serve as secretary of state as my last public position," she said. Clinton's career has included not only her current position as secretary of state, but also eight years in the Senate representing New York.

Hillary Clinton: Secretary of State is "My Last Public Position" - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

As controversial as Hillary has been in my life and yours, I think it is a mistake for her to walk away from Government Service. She is a force to be reckoned with, and is not done yet.

Good caveat there, bolded.

I can't believe people even think Obama will have a democratic challenger or that he won't pick Joe Biden to run again with him.

So, you see the Slick Willie Effect there, or possibly the Soros/Wikileak effect waiting to settle? I would have preferred Her as Governor of NY over Cuomo.

I'll believe it when she writes her memoirs, has a library built in her name and begins her speech tour.
Until then i am convinced Mrs Rodham Rodham wants the White House.

I can't believe people even think Obama will have a democratic challenger or that he won't pick Joe Biden to run again with him.
There is a n unwritten rule that the sitting President is never challenged for nomination should he seek re-election.
I think it would be the ultimate slap in the nuts for a democrat to challenge Obama. However, as much as Obama is unpopular, it would come as no surprise if Obama is asked by the DNC to not seek the nomination.

There is a n unwritten rule that the sitting President is never challenged for nomination should he seek re-election.
I think it would be the ultimate slap in the nuts for a democrat to challenge Obama. However, as much as Obama is unpopular, it would come as no surprise if Obama is asked by the DNC to not seek the nomination.

Didn't Teddy Kennedy challenge Carter? I'm pretty sure TR challenged Taft?

Never could bring myself to totally hate Hillary Clinton. Though I did work on the Rick Lazio campaign...

To me, Hillary Clinton is a pretty steely white woman who unfortunately bought into the whole Saul Alinsky thing and went left/lib/D the rest of her life. She did not have the stuff to be president like her husband, whom she married for totally political purposes. But she still had stuff.

Still think it's funny that when the 2008 race was Obama, Clinton and McCain, Ann Coulter declared Hillary to be the most conservative of the three. Coulter was probably right about that. Goes to show what a fucking joke the McCain campaign was.

Ummm, almost every dem president has been challenged for the nomination. And the DNC won't be asking Obama not to run because the DNCs' chairperson was appointed by Obama

Teddy Roosevelt did not officially run as a party member of the sitting president.
However, thank you for pointing out these two rare instances.

Teddy Roosevelt did not officially run as a party member of the sitting president.

George Wallace challenged LBJ in 1964

Every "sitting" president.
How often is the party leadership so dissatisfied with the de facto leader of the party that they would pit another candidate vs the sitting President?

Every "sitting" president.
How often is the party leadership so dissatisfied with the de facto leader of the party that they would pit another candidate vs the sitting President?

Umm, in 1964 LBJ was the incumbent president. and the de facto leader of the dem party

Good. I hope she, and Bill Clinton, ride their horses over the hill into the sunset and are never heard from again. I've had about enough of the fucking Clintons.

So, you see the Slick Willie Effect there.....
There's nothing in that article about The PRO$PEROU$ '90s.

:eusa_eh:

New Topics

Forum List

Back