Republicans vote against Bush tax cuts...

Nope just letting a temporary tax reduction expire.

cui bono?

Sonny Bono's kid?

Actually not voting to extend the tax cuts is not voting for a tax increase.
It is just letting the origional bill expire like it was designed to.

Bush tried for years to make it permanent or at least extend it....and now the Dems are trying to use class-warfare to raise our taxes in the middle of a terrible economy. The Dems are the reason they were temporary.

cui bono?

Sonny Bono's kid?

Bush tried for years to make it permanent or at least extend it....and now the Dems are trying to use class-warfare to raise our taxes in the middle of a terrible economy. The Dems are the reason they were temporary.

regardless of the reason, the bill is doing as it was designed to.
Although it only seemed to create jobs in the finiancial field which is a cause of much of our present economic woes.

cui bono?

Sonny Bono's kid?

That's exactly what they are trying to do and fronting lame logic that the unemployed will ADD to Job Creation. Just ask Madame Pelosi.

Sonny Bono's kid?

you didn't answer the question.

I do not speak the language the question was asked in.

its an old latin phrase for ‘who benefits’ usually used to infer “seek the root of the issue”, who gains the most is usually he or her with an agenda.

The gov. has extended all sorts of laws, ignored some etc etc since the gov. was created.

they are playing semantics- if they allow them to expire the gov gains, if they extend them they gain nothing, nor does those that pay, gain anything, the loser is who? Extend them its a wash.

Sonny Bono's kid?

Although it only seemed to create jobs in the finiancial field which is a cause of much of our present economic woes.

uhm not quite....

Attachments

• $Financialjobschangechart-sm.jpg
    $Financialjobschangechart-sm.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 66

uhm not quite....

so the tax cuts were not implemented until 2008?

Pui septic tankus.

uhm not quite....

so the tax cuts were not implemented until 2008?

I have no idea what that means in the context of the discussion.

Pui septic tankus.

thats in relation to what?

yes it was a q1 2010 report....and?

I sad something like the tax cuts created jobs in the finiancial industry.
And you replied back with a 2008/2009 report showing a job loss in the finiancial industries.
When were the tax cuts enacted and how did finiancial jobs do after it's enactment?
Not just for the last 2 years after a finiancial collapse. Duh!

And you replied back with a 2008/2009 report showing a job loss in the finiancial industries.
When were the tax cuts enacted and how did finiancial jobs do after it's enactment?

Then I have misunderstood, my impression was you were against keeping them in place?

to answer the question though, I suspect they did as well as the other sectors did which brought our unemployment rate down to 4.6% as its best in the bush years.

I also suspect that the war and debt spending of nearly 5 trillion had someting to do with the unemployment rate dropping.

Then I have misunderstood, my impression was you were against keeping them in place?

to answer the question though, I suspect they did as well as the other sectors did which brought our unemployment rate down to 4.6% as its best in the bush years.

Perhaps the tax cuts dropped the unemployment rate, perhaps they did not.
No way to prove it either way. It is pretty much a faith thing.
And yes I am against extending the tax cuts.

Last edited:

I also suspect that the war and debt spending of nearly 5 trillion had someting to do with the unemployment rate dropping.

why..?

why..?

Well becuase the debt is way too high and it is for certain that congress will not cut spending by any noticable level, and extending the tax cuts will just make things worse.
Kind of a damned if you do and damned if you dont. But by letting tax cuts expire perhaps people will actually raise enough stink to get things moving a bit.

The dirty little secret is that the Dems aren't telling us this is Gross income...not net.

If you're making over $250k but only have $50k in profit you're gonna get nailed with a huge increase in your taxes. Because of the weak economy many small businesses are in this state. This tax increase will force many of them to cut employees, shrink their business to fit the changing tax code, or just fold their business completely.

That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

Forum List

Back