Republicans so worried about the debt, yet they cause most of it.

Some people lack the ability to consider cost benefits and cost deficits and the consequences of action both intended and not intended. Post #2 is an excellent example of this lack of thinking.
Not at all, you libfucks have thrown 22 trillion dollars to poor people, and they are still fucking poor. Instead of fixing the fucking problem you exacerbate it. Dumbasses all of you liberal tards are.

How many trillion have been spent on the war on terror? Have terrorist attacks increased or decreased because of the monies expended. How many have died, been displaced or become refugees?

Why aren't some of the funds used to fight right wing domestic terrorists?

No idea who the rich are and what their fair share of taxes is, huh?

I would say anyone whose income (all forms, not just a paycheck) is more than $1M a year is "rich" and aren't paying their fair share of taxes. Hard to see how you'd oppose raising taxes on millionaires since you're not one and you'll never be one.
Now we get to the bottom line ....

It isn't about paying a fair share.
It isn't about fair treatment of citizens.

It's all about ... how much can I get from somebody else, so I can avoid paying my share.

We got it.

I'd like to see an actual CUT IN SPENDING and a CUT IN TAXES.

Because you are a tax-cut zealot like most conservatives, with no true interest in getting the budget under control.

You will not give even an inch, agree to contribute NOTHING to make it happen, nope, you just want ever more tax-cuts.

Exactly what I was talking about.
... and you, in turn, are unwilling to forego a government hand-out, or a government service, in order to make it happen.

Two sides of the same coin.

So for 35 years now the Reaganist GOP has been Wrecking the middle class and the country's infrastructure, all to save the bloated greedy idiot GOP rich from paying their fair share. The only way that works is with a giant propaganda Hate Machine, for dupes only... The presidents that have added to the debt have been Reagan and W bush and Obama, but he was only averting another GOP Great Depression and helping the victims... Look it up.
Make you a deal .... you pay 10% of your income, and I'll pay 10% of mine.

Everybody shoulders an equal load, relative to their income.

In 2016, there was approximately $15 trillion in personal income. That means the government would be given $1.5 trillion. We'll even continue the current corporate tax and capital gains. Then, we require the government to stay within that budget - with exceptions allowed for emergencies.

You pay your fair share - I pay mine.

Work for you?

10 trillion added under Obama.

Thanks to Bush Jr.
... which, of course, is simplicity personified. Refusing to take your share of the responsibility, much?

I'm just curious, did you ever take a look at Obama policy contribution to debt?
Absolutely. Obama policies (and I'll ignore the impact of the recession) are directly responsible for about $3.6 trillion of the current national debt. These are Obama-directed programs, not affiliated with the recession, that created an increase in government spending by that amount.

As an aside, we can directly attribute $5.2 trillion to the recession.

The two, added together, generally equal the $9 trillion increase in the national debt during the Obama years.

So for 35 years now the Reaganist GOP has been Wrecking the middle class and the country's infrastructure, all to save the bloated greedy idiot GOP rich from paying their fair share. The only way that works is with a giant propaganda Hate Machine, for dupes only... The presidents that have added to the debt have been Reagan and W bush and Obama, but he was only averting another GOP Great Depression and helping the victims... Look it up.

In 2016, there was approximately $15 trillion in personal income. That means the government would be given $1.5 trillion. We'll even continue the current corporate tax and capital gains. Then, we require the government to stay within that budget - with exceptions allowed for emergencies.

Work for you?

They like a PROGRESSIVE tax system in order to punish the productive.

I'd like to see $1 trillion less in spending and $500 billion less in taxes collected.

So, let's SPEND about $3 trillion and collect about $3 trillion.

I would like to see roughly $500 billion per year go to the PRINCIPLE of the $20 TRILLION DEBT.

Then it would be paid off in 40 years. That should be realistic.

HOWEVER....CONGRESS LOVES TO SPEND OUR HARD EARNED MONEY. THERE ARE NO CONSEQUENCES FOR THEM.

Last edited:
Republicans are deficit/debt hypocrites - only outraged when Democrats are in power. Just imagine the deficit/debt when Trump leaves office.

The deficit is the annual difference between government spending and government revenue.

The debt is the total amount of money the U.S. government owes. It representsthe accumulation of past deficits, minus surpluses.

Debt vs. Deficits: What's the Difference?

We need the Gingrich Congress back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What we really need is a Democratic president and Congress to fix the last 40 years of bought off GOP corruption and Pander to the rich taxes and policy.
why can't republicans see that in the last 30 or so years the wealthy have grown tremendously while the middle class stagnate?

Some people lack the ability to consider cost benefits and cost deficits and the consequences of action both intended and not intended. Post #2 is an excellent example of this lack of thinking.
Not at all, you libfucks have thrown 22 trillion dollars to poor people, and they are still fucking poor. Instead of fixing the fucking problem you exacerbate it. Dumbasses all of you liberal tards are.

How many trillion have been spent on the war on terror? Have terrorist attacks increased or decreased because of the monies expended. How many have died, been displaced or become refugees?

The common cop-out.

We know that we have spent approximately $400 billion on military activities in the Middle East since 2001 to date. We also know that there will be recurring cost for care for the wounded, etc. Estimates have increased the overall cost to about $1 trillion.

That is 1/16th (or about 6%) of the national debt increase since 2001. We, of course, fail to acknowledge the economic benefits of such a conflict - more guns, more bullets, more soldiers produced in the USA. So, the reality is that the overall "cost" is somewhat lower - though nobody has bothered to actually quantify that.

I recognize that it is convenient to use the "wars" as an excuse for all the profligate spending by the federal government. Problem is - it just doesn't hold up to scrutiny. And, it CERTAINLY does not justify the $16 trillion increase in the debt.

It's a great excuse, however, for the intellectually lazy.

Last edited:
That worthless affirmative action asshole Obama ran up more debt than all the other President in the history of the Republic combined but yet these stupid Moon Bats want to blame it on somebody else. Typical of Liberals refusing to take responsibility for the damage they do. .

The common cop-out.

We know that we have spent approximately $400 billion on military activities in the Middle East since 2001 to date. We also know that there will be recurring cost for care for the wounded, etc. Estimates have increased the overall cost to about $1 trillion.

That is 1/16th (or about 6%) of the national debt increase since 2001. We, of course, fail to acknowledge that economic benefits of such a conflict - more guns, more bullets, more soldiers produced in the USA. So, the reality is that the overall "cost" is somewhat lower - though nobody has bothered to actually quantify that.

I recognize that it is convenient to use the "wars" as an excuse for all the profligate spending by the federal government. Problem is - it just doesn't hold up to scrutiny. And, it CERTAINLY does not justify the $16 trillion increase in the debt.

It's a great excuse, however, for the intellectually lazy.

Progs don't deal with factual numbers, they just stick with emotions about everything.

Work for you?

I recognize that I have benefited more from the government spending than the average factory worker.

I strongly object to a tax system that creates leeches, hangers-on, and people dependent on the government. The very concept of not paying ANY taxes is anathema to the American ideal. By what convoluted logic would somebody think that they should be entitled to something they aren't even contributing to paying for?

I recognize that there are people who can't make a decent living - but that has nothing to do with their tax responsibility. If you make $5 per hour, and work 1,000 hours a year, you earn $5,000. To get that, you had to use public transportation, government-provided utilities, government subsidized energy sources, etc., etc., etc. In addition, they are on welfare and Medicaid and food stamps. In 2015, the national average "income" from welfare exceeded $40,000! (Do ‘welfare’ recipients get $35,000 in benefits a year? (family of two children, single parent)

Explain to me why someone would think they should get that all for free ... no, not for free. Paid for by somebody else. Asking them to contribute $500 so they can get $40,000 doesn't seem unreasonable. In fact, it seems like a damn good deal. Sign me up for 5 of those!!!

Republicans are deficit/debt hypocrites - only outraged when Democrats are in power. Just imagine the deficit/debt when Trump leaves office.

The deficit is the annual difference between government spending and government revenue.

The debt is the total amount of money the U.S. government owes. It representsthe accumulation of past deficits, minus surpluses.

What we really need is a Democratic president and Congress to fix the last 40 years of bought off GOP corruption and Pander to the rich taxes and policy.
why can't republicans see that in the last 30 or so years the wealthy have grown tremendously while the middle class stagnate?
Why do you suppose that is?

Work for you?

I recognize that I have benefited more from the government spending than the average factory worker.

I strongly object to a tax system that creates leeches, hangers-on, and people dependent on the government. The very concept of not paying ANY taxes is anathema to the American ideal. By what convoluted logic would somebody think that they should be entitled to something they aren't even contributing to paying for?

I recognize that there are people who can't make a decent living - but that has nothing to do with their tax responsibility. If you make $5 per hour, and work 1,000 hours a year, you earn $5,000. To get that, you had to use public transportation, government-provided utilities, government subsidized energy sources, etc., etc., etc. In addition, they are on welfare and Medicaid and food stamps. In 2015, the national average "income" from welfare exceeded $40,000! (Do ‘welfare’ recipients get $35,000 in benefits a year? (family of two children, single parent)

Explain to me why someone would think they should get that all for free ... no, not for free. Paid for by somebody else. Asking them to contribute $500 so they can get $40,000 doesn't seem unreasonable. In fact, it seems like a damn good deal. Sign me up for 5 of those!!!

Progs have obtained power by convincing the underclass they are victims who need free shit paid for by those who are productive.

Progs will NEVER cut spending, because they LOVE TO SPEND YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY SO THEY CAN GET VOTES.

Progs will never ask their electorate to be self sufficient. They need an ignorant and compliant electorate.

Work for you?

Progs have obtained power by convincing the underclass they are victims who need free shit paid for by those who are productive.

Progs will NEVER cut spending, because they LOVE TO SPEND YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY SO THEY CAN GET VOTES.

Progs will never ask their electorate to be self sufficient. They need an ignorant and compliant electorate.
On the other hand, Dupe, in reality under Democrats spending and debt goes down relative to what happens under the big spending hypocrite GOP... But thanks for cutting services at education at training for the middle class all to Pander to the rich brainwashing GOP, idiot.

Work for you?

A rather concise summary !!

Why do you suppose that is?
Because of Pander to the rich GOP tax policy duh...

Work for you?

On the other hand, Dupe, in reality under Democrats spending and debt goes down relative to what happens under the big spending hypocrite GOP... But thanks for cutting services at education at training for the middle class all to Pander to the rich brainwashing GOP, idiot.
You know --- you whine and bitch and moan ----

but you never offer alternative solutions.

What is your proposal to 1) eliminate the deficit, 2) decrease the debt, and 3) control government spending?

Time to put up or shut up.

and yet want to give the rich tax cuts, (how ignorant is that) :banghead: They must have brain damage.

and what will happen to global terrorism they ask , since they do not want to do anything about gun laws in the US, who by the way most mass shooters are white males and US citizens and even some vets, who in the hell cares.

If you’re going to blame the Repubs for the debt then please explain why BO added almost $8 trillion to the debt. Dubya added less than $6 trillion.

Why don’t we just agree that the only time one party is concerned about the debt is when the other party wants to spend money. No need to be a shill for the Dems,it just makes you look foolish. Just like being a shill for the Repubs.

Forum List

Back