Republicans in danger of losing the House in 2014

Nice to see some comments that reflect the damage that both parties and a gamed system have done to our country. It is nice to know that some people can be critical of either side without resorting to insults and not just towing a party line or soundbites.
I have some hope that a few Americans are still awake.

I agree mate on that score. So much people on one side or the another on here it gets boring. I think it good to see someone like yourself in mature and insightful way trying to show how both sides and a bad system has done to your country.

Same is the case in the uk. We have a tory and labour party have done nothing to really improve people lives.

You will note that the UK Tories live slightly to the left of Obama and that NULAB are just left of lenin.
It's not a governments job to improve lives.
It's a governments job to allow, or enable people to improve their own lives.

Leftist entities seek only to control lives, restricting people from living as they choose free from oppressive government.

What happens to parents who choose to homeschool their children in the UK?
What happens to those who sell Bananas by the pound?
Tyranny is always there waiting to pounce.
Once a freedom is lost, it is rare to get it back.
The USA is the last bastion of freedom on earth, liberal fanatics wish to change that.
Liberals hate freedom.
While I blame both sides for our debt and current political animosity, I agree. I see the government AS the problem. If it ain't broke the government will "fix" it until it is.

Nice to see some comments that reflect the damage that both parties and a gamed system have done to our country. It is nice to know that some people can be critical of either side without resorting to insults and not just towing a party line or soundbites.

I agree mate on that score. So much people on one side or the another on here it gets boring. I think it good to see someone like yourself in mature and insightful way trying to show how both sides and a bad system has done to your country.

Same is the case in the uk. We have a tory and labour party have done nothing to really improve people lives.

You will note that the UK Tories live slightly to the left of Obama and that NULAB are just left of lenin.

Leftist entities seek only to control lives, restricting people from living as they choose free from oppressive government.

The USA is the last bastion of freedom on earth, liberal fanatics wish to change that.
Liberals hate freedom.

I think new labour were pretty conservative on a few things. Going to war in iraq and introducing tuition fees in the uk. The conservatives have been also conservatives on the cuts they have introduced and having a cap on benefits.

I respect your passion and your views though. Goverment can have to much of involvement in people lives.

Last edited:
Just like the democrats will let it be known to all thier governmental teat-suckers that the good times will be a-over if the republicans keep power. Plus, somewhere, sometime, a person who makes more money than you is actually spending his own money, and we can't have any of that now, can we.

They will also claim the climate is going to KILL YOU ALL BWAAARGGGH!!!!

And the fringe have plenty of time to convince us DHS is really, really going to come for our guns and lock us up in FEMA camps for real this time, and use us for target practice with their eleventy trillion rounds of .22 ammo.

Then the Rand Paul - Ralph Nader sex tape can be "leaked" and all hell will break loose.

Then it's anyone's game!

Right around the same time the Democrats admitting that single payer is the goal all along (it is), banning all firearms except bolt actions and shotguns is the end game of gun control (it is), and all these environmental regulations are designed to end the coal power industry by proxy (they are).

I wish those were the goals. Those are some issues I can support.

All i know is 13 months is a long time in politics. so lot can happen between now and then.

Yup. Every three months the GOP gets to threaten a shutdown again, thereby ensuring a Pavlovian negative response to them at least four more times.

I be amazed if they dumb enough to shut the goverment again. I think they will be mad to do that again considering how badly it went for them this time.

This is exactly why democrats will again shut the government and blame the republicans.

GOP In Grave Danger Of Losing House In 2014, PPP Polls Show

It's way too early. I'm sure republicans will even the playing field with a bunch of phony scandals over the next year.

Long time go.

But if we GOP play the budget and debt negotiations with the skill and finesse we did the last month, sure, we are a shoe-in to take the House, take the Senate, impeach Obama, and select Mickey Mouse as president. :lol:

I think Republicans will revive the commie thing, and if that fails maybe the birth certificate scandal is ready for prime time. But the 25 billion the Democrats wasted on the government shut-down will surely work.

Patience, hoppagrass. Patience.

Counting just the state co-ops, in which DC is group, nearly 500,00 have enrolled with another 150,00 in the shute. Who knows exactly how many ACA itself has enrolled.

So there is almost 10% of what they want for all of next year already.

The ACA will be fixed.

Plan your hopes elsewhere, Henry.

Let's hope "fixed" as one has done to dogs or cats.

Meanwhile, please don't get back to me until you have seen your own personalized quote for Obamacare - and even then, not until after you have wiped the vomit off your chin. Occasioned, of course, bu the number you'll see.[/QUOTE]

Please don't get back to any of us, Henry, until you fix your quotations so we know who is talking about what and then what is your question based on that.

Yup. Every three months the GOP gets to threaten a shutdown again, thereby ensuring a Pavlovian negative response to them at least four more times.

I be amazed if they dumb enough to shut the goverment again. I think they will be mad to do that again considering how badly it went for them this time.

This is exactly why democrats will again shut the government and blame the republicans.

Your confusion is becoming pathetic.

And the TeaPs will not dare go on Cruz control next time, thank heavens.

The Rs lost the last election. It was only because of gerrymandering that they won the House.

Between now and the next election, we will see a lot more voter suppression and gerrymandering because that's the only way they can win.

The last Census favored the Republicans for redistricting, so for the next 10 years it will favor the Republicans until the next census in 2020.
Deal with it, like those that vote for Republicans have always had to deal with it for many a ten year census that favored the Democrats.

The Rs lost the last election. It was only because of gerrymandering that they won the House.

Between now and the next election, we will see a lot more voter suppression and gerrymandering because that's the only way they can win.

The revised GOP Playbook goes beyond that

Republicans realize they can no longer win national elections so they need to change the rules

Presidency: That pesky Electoral College is stacked against them. Too many powerful blue states. Republican governors of blue states are trying to change from a winner takes all electors to a proportional allocation. Keep the red states winner take all and split up the vote in blue states

Senate: Damn voters get to directly vote for Senators. Repeal the 17th amendment and let Republican state legislatures select them. Beyond that.....filibuster every bill

House: Gerrymander, gerrymander, gerrymander

Overall......block as many minority voters from reaching the polls

Liberals hate freedom.

Criminals should not have freedom. You Bootlickers want to turn loose the 1% on the rest of us, without any government prosecution to stop them. You flunkies your Masters to have unrestricted tyranny over the rest of us.

Omg I hope the Reps lose, and lose big. Dems in control on all all fronts would be a dream come true.

Reps would either split the party between going full blown out in the open Progressive or lean hard libertarian as that faction of the party is the only part not damaged goods.

Dems would destroy themselves by dragging the economy through the mud, trying to blame Republicans that have no power and start more wars than anyone ever imagined they would.

Libertarians would grow, but not fast enough. Just enough to make some friends before the inevitable collapse.

I support 100% Dem rule. Please make it happen haha.

Last edited:
All i know is 13 months is a long time in politics. so lot can happen between now and then.

They have failed on the first 2 tries so maybe it will work on the 3rd try?

Seriously though, the strategy of extortion to gain a politic end is not going to be tried again because the GOP powers that be will stomp on it first.

Deep down i think nobody quite knows what will happen next year. Neither gop or dem are that well liked and therefore house and sentate elections can go either way. I think american people must be fed up with both of them really.

Huffington plays to the radical left wing base and offers talking points to low information progressives. It's nothing new.

look their media for left or right whatever suits your boat. They don,t effect elections really. Its who has the most money on either side that really affects. Money talks in politics and who has the bigger backers on either side.

Right now the GOP is having money troubles. The big donors are refusing to hand over any more until the Tea Party stops rocking the boat and Wall St doesn't like political instability so corporate America is looking to fund primary challengers to the Tea Party members.

Neither side should shut down the goverment. it make them look like idiots

The GOP has bigger problems that that. They need to worry about both the Dems and the TP. Wow! They have problems on every corner...

Who do you think is their biggest threat...The Dems or the Baggers?
When Obama and his radicals want to change things in this nation big time, and I mean in a fundamental radical way in which was the claim, well they are praised as doing right and good in all of this by their followers or supposed new followers who stand to profit from them, but when the Tea Party and GOP want to counter so much craziness and radicalness in which the dems are attempting to pull off, then they are played as being the radicals and crazies in this nation instead. Perfect positioning is what it has been for the dems, but why has the other team put themselves in such an idiotic position in which has allowed the dem team to play them like this ?

Now this is what has the GOP scratching their heads about themselves in all of this. It's the same situation that caused Bill Clinton to come in and take the Presidency, where as the GOP has a way of thinking in which doesn't include many, and for that they are paying again and again for that problem in which is a part of their social problem or disconnect in which they have along those lines. The GOP's idea is let us make this nation great, and we will take care of those around us, but we will do it with very limited access offered until others earn their way in, but the dems say no let us help build the nation having total access in doing so with you, and then we can direct our wealth to where we want it to be directed, instead of it being controlled for us by another group instead. The problem is where will the wealth be directed if the dems get to much of it, and that is known and has been shown to be a problem, and this is why the fight is so big on control, who has it and/or who keeps the control mostly. Just listen to this thread and/or government vs. the private sectors and that is where it is known about what goes on daily in all of this.

Last edited:
Huffington plays to the radical left wing base and offers talking points to low information progressives. It's nothing new.

look their media for left or right whatever suits your boat. They don,t effect elections really. Its who has the most money on either side that really affects. Money talks in politics and who has the bigger backers on either side.

Right now the GOP is having money troubles. The big donors are refusing to hand over any more until the Tea Party stops rocking the boat and Wall St doesn't like political instability so corporate America is looking to fund primary challengers to the Tea Party members.

The DNC is completely broke.
They can't even manage their own money and people want to elect them to run the country's money?
The DNC Goes Broke | FrontPage Magazine

The last Census favored the Republicans for redistricting, so for the next 10 years it will favor the Republicans until the next census in 2020.
Deal with it, like those that vote for Republicans have always had to deal with it for many a ten year census that favored the Democrats.

Texas, and other states, do not feel bound by the census and will re-district as one party comes into power and the other party leaves power.

Many states are becoming deep blue and we are witnessing the purpling of states, such as VA.

Texas will be the bell weather state when it comes deep purple in 2020 and 2022.

The GOP will have to accept cultural and demographic change.

The GOP has bigger problems that that. They need to worry about both the Dems and the TP. Wow! They have problems on every corner...

When Obama and his radicals want to change things in this nation big time, and I mean in a fundamental radical way in which was the claim, well they are praised as doing right and good in all of this by their followers or supposed new followers who stand to profit from them, but when the Tea Party and GOP want to counter so much craziness and radicalness in which the dems are attempting to pull off, then they are played as being the radicals and crazies in this nation instead. Perfect positioning is what it has been for the dems, but why has the other team put themselves in such an idiotic position in which has allowed the dem team to play them like this ?

Now this is what has the GOP scratching their heads about themselves in all of this. It's the same situation that caused Bill Clinton to come in and take the Presidency, where as the GOP has a way of thinking in which doesn't include many, and for that they are paying again and again for that problem in which is a part of their social problem or disconnect in which they have along those lines. The GOP's idea is let us make this nation great, and we will take care of those around us, but we will do it with very limited access offered until others earn their way in, but the dems say no let us help build the nation having total access in doing so with you, and then we can direct our wealth to where we want it to be directed, instead of it being controlled for us by another group instead. The problem is where will the wealth be directed if the dems get to much of it, and that is known and has been shown to be a problem, and this is why the fight is so big on control, who has it and/or who keeps the control mostly. Just listen to this thread and/or government vs. the private sectors and that is where it is known about what goes on daily in all of this.

I think that both sides need to work more together instead of hating so much on each other

Obama's no radical by a long shot. Every first world country has national health care but USA. We don't have it because of republicans.

Forum List

Back