Republicans in danger of losing the House in 2014

We have a two party system. Elections in the House happen every two years. No matter who is in power they have the danger of losing the House two years after they won it.

And for some reason I doubt you and I agree on what a phoney scandal is.

"Sure Congressman so and so had $400,000 in his freezer that belonged to the school lunch program. But that's just because (Pick one: Republicans, Democrats) are trying to create a phoney scandal."

GOP In Grave Danger Of Losing House In 2014, PPP Polls Show

It's way too early. I'm sure republicans will even the playing field with a bunch of phony scandals over the next year.

ohnoes.gif

Plenty of time to mix things up a little and get the rubes worried about illegal alien blacks, homosexuals with fake voter registrations, Muslims with ObamaPhones and food stamps, and terrorist Mexicans.

And the forty-eight hour running gun battle at Benghazi where Seal Team Six was given a stand down order by Obama, who doesn't deserve any of the credit...

Last edited:
I don't expect the Democrats to take the House in 2014. Win some more seats, sure, but nowhere near enough.

2016, of course, is another story.

I don't expect the Democrats to take the House in 2014. Win some more seats, sure, but nowhere near enough.

At the moment if i had to make a prediction. Is that dem keep the sentate and gop the house. But a year is a long time in politics and anything can happen to change the game. I think we have better idea in few months before the mid terms.

Gop do have better chance of winning sentate then the dems the house. Harder to win with way its set up.

Plenty of time to mix things up a little and get the rubes worried about illegal alien blacks, homosexuals with fake voter registrations, Muslims with ObamaPhones and food stamps, and terrorist Mexicans.

And the forty-eight hour running gun battle at Benghazi where Seal Team Six was given a stand down order by Obama, who doesn't deserve any of the credit...

Just like the democrats will let it be known to all thier governmental teat-suckers that the good times will be a-over if the republicans keep power. Plus, somewhere, sometime, a person who makes more money than you is actually spending his own money, and we can't have any of that now, can we.

They will also claim the climate is going to KILL YOU ALL BWAAARGGGH!!!!

Just like the democrats will let it be known to all thier governmental teat-suckers that the good times will be a-over if the republicans keep power. Plus, somewhere, sometime, a person who makes more money than you is actually spending his own money, and we can't have any of that now, can we.

And the fringe have plenty of time to convince us DHS is really, really going to come for our guns and lock us up in FEMA camps for real this time, and use us for target practice with their eleventy trillion rounds of .22 ammo.

Then the Rand Paul - Ralph Nader sex tape can be "leaked" and all hell will break loose.

Then it's anyone's game!

And the fringe have plenty of time to convince us DHS is really, really going to come for our guns and lock us up in FEMA camps for real this time, and use us for target practice with their eleventy trillion rounds of .22 ammo.

Then the Rand Paul - Ralph Nader sex tape can be "leaked" and all hell will break loose.

Then it's anyone's game!

Right around the same time the Democrats admitting that single payer is the goal all along (it is), banning all firearms except bolt actions and shotguns is the end game of gun control (it is), and all these environmental regulations are designed to end the coal power industry by proxy (they are).

It's way too early. I'm sure republicans will even the playing field with a bunch of phony scandals over the next year.

I actually hope not. Split houses is a good thing, IMO.

Depends on your view. It should be good thing to not have one party control everything. But the fact nothing seem to get done in congress goes against that
At the moment i be suprised if either both held both chambers. But 13 months is long time in politics.

I actually hope not. Split houses is a good thing, IMO.

Agree on this. It would really be wonderful if we had a different party for the house, senate, and prez. That would be quite awesome.

It would be but you hope they would tried harder to work together for the greater good. Obama and boehner partnership not been very succesful really and they not really liked each other at all which has not helped. But i agree that shared goverment is no bad thing . We have a collation goverment in europe and sometimes it works.

Here In the uk though it be a mixed bag. Clegg being see as cameron wipping boy over here and has been as giving in to much to tories. I think it be lot worser though in tories had been left along to run the uk. Lib dems have stopped them doing a lot of stupid things. Not everyone agrees with me though.

I agree

The Republicans have gerrymandered a safe majority for the time being. I suspect that there will be strong GOP opposition for the TeaTards and the gang of 50 will be vulnerable. I look for Dems to take around 10 seats

2016, with Hillary on the ticket may be when Democrats grab the house

The only way the Democrats will win the house is if there is enough in-fighting between GOP establishment and the Tea Party. Basically if they throw enough mud at each other then the Democrats might be able to sneak away with victory.

This is particularly important since the majority of the districts the Tea Party will be attacking are the moderate GOP that voted in favor of the debt ceiling bill on the 16th. Those are also the districts were democrats will have the best shot at winning.

So maybe the Tea Party will yet again do a great service to the Democratic Party.

Oh yeah...and no way in hell is Mcconnell getting re-elected in 2014.

Last edited:
As the land lays now, my personal opinion is that the Democrats will make gains in the House but not quite enough to win a majority.
But considering Democratic House candidates actually won more votes than Republican candidates last go 'round - A Democratically controlled House would not be a shocker. There's no doubt the GOP is set up to do worse next time.

But whew ... when that Paul-Nader sex tape explodes ... all bets are off.

Last edited:
The GOP has bigger problems that that. They need to worry about both the Dems and the TP. Wow! They have problems on every corner...

Who do you think is their biggest threat...The Dems or the Baggers?

The only way the Democrats will win the house is if there is enough in-fighting between GOP establishment and the Tea Party. Basically if they throw enough mud at each other then the Democrats might be able to sneak away with victory.

This is particularly important since the majority of the districts the Tea Party will be attacking are the moderate GOP that voted in favor of the debt ceiling bill on the 16th. Those are also the districts were democrats will have the best shot at winning.

So maybe the Tea Party will yet again do a great service to the Democratic Party.

Oh yeah...and no way in hell is Mcconnell getting re-elected in 2014.

Absolutely NO ONE that wasted oxygen in Washington for a maximum of 12 years should be re-elected. And anyone who loaded pork on a bill that HAD to be passed, should be hung by the toes in the public square.

Forum List

Back