Is it an abuse of power to deny Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas his day in court

Procrustes Stretched

And you say, "Oh my God, am I here all alone?"
Dec 1, 2008
Positively 4th Street
It's amazing how abusive the US House can be. One cannot imagine the Democrats getting away with something like this. I mean the GOP would never stand for Democrats abusing power in such a way.

Senate Republicans were apoplectic in early January 2020. House Democrats had impeached Donald Trump and declared him a threat to democracy — but then refused to actually send the matter to the Senate.

Democrats naively thought they could withhold the articles of impeachment to leverage more favorable rules for the Senate trial, which Republicans had no intention of implementing.

“This delay is an abuse of power & denies POTUS his day in court,” Sen. Shelley Moore Capito (R-W. Va.), one of the more pragmatic GOP lawmakers, wrote on social media. “Send it or end it!”

why would he?

Cruz was born in Canada.
He claims that. Have you ever seen his true birth certificate?

And his father was --- wait! Let the Leader tell you:

“His father was with Lee Harvey Oswald prior to Oswald's being — you know, shot. I mean, the whole thing is ridiculous,” Trump said...“What is this, right prior to his being shot, and nobody even brings it up. They don't even talk about that. That was reported, and nobody talks about it.”

“I mean, what was he doing — what was he doing with Lee Harvey Oswald shortly before the death? Before the shooting?” Trump continued. “It’s horrible.”

“His father was with Lee Harvey Oswald prior to Oswald's being — you know, shot. I mean, the whole thing is ridiculous,” Trump said...“What is this, right prior to his being shot, and nobody even brings it up. They don't even talk about that. That was reported, and nobody talks about it.”

“I mean, what was he doing — what was he doing with Lee Harvey Oswald shortly before the death? Before the shooting?” Trump continued. “It’s horrible.”

yes, several people posted links to it when he was running for resident.

His father was from Cuba, his mother was from Delaware.

That makes him a natural born citizen,

yes, several people posted links to it when he was running for resident.

His father was from Cuba, his mother was from Delaware.

That makes him a natural born citizen,
I don't believe you. And his father was --- wait! Let the Leader tell you:

I don't believe you. And his father was --- wait! Let the Leader tell you:

I don't believe you.
of course you don't.

you don't like facts.

You back? Haven't seen you much since we discussed satire and the support of killing of innocent children.
1712859525070.png

WASHINGTON. D.C. — An incredulous Alexander Mayorkas expressed shock at the House of Representatives recommending a vote on his impeachment, as he is unclear how a person doing absolutely nothing can be impeached.

"It makes no sense," said Mayorkas, Secretary of Homeland Security. "I've done nothing that could possibly warrant impeachment. I have done literally nothing at all. How can that be a crime?"

Lawyers for Mayorkas have begun assembling briefs arguing that impeachment proceedings cannot even be brought against someone who doesn't do anything. "The man just sits there, twiddling his thumbs. What on earth can you charge him with?" said government lawyer Regina Halpert. "You can't mess up on a job you're not even doing. It's as simple as that."

According to sources within the Department of Homeland Security, Secretary Mayorkas spends most of his time at the office staring silently at the floor, making no perceptible movement. "No one is as committed as Secretary Mayorkas to doing nothing," said Chief of Staff Jonathan Davidson. "The most I've ever seen him do is turn on the television in his office to watch Beverly Hillbillies reruns. The Republicans have nothing."

At publishing time, Mayorkas had announced he would visit the border before laughing heartily and yelling, "Sike!"

It's amazing how abusive the US House can be. One cannot imagine the Democrats getting away with something like this. I mean the GOP would never stand for Democrats abusing power in such a way.

Senate Republicans were apoplectic in early January 2020. House Democrats had impeached Donald Trump and declared him a threat to democracy — but then refused to actually send the matter to the Senate.

Democrats naively thought they could withhold the articles of impeachment to leverage more favorable rules for the Senate trial, which Republicans had no intention of implementing.

“This delay is an abuse of power & denies POTUS his day in court,” Sen. Shelley Moore Capito (R-W. Va.), one of the more pragmatic GOP lawmakers, wrote on social media. “Send it or end it!”

Yoar link is pay-walled. Most members don't want to read that birdcage lining propaganda that pretends to pass as, "journalism," even if it weren't. . . but since this dreck is what yoar garbage thread is on. . . it might be helpful if folks can read that lunacy.

The farcical saga of an impeachment trial no one wants to convene​

1712865281730.png

April 11, 2024

Though, I hate to admit, you may have a point. Impeachment is a very serious thing, and everything that the DNC accused Trump of doing, and all their impeachments were political and frivolous, this one, might be as well. Incompetance or being politically not what you like, is not an impeachable offense.

I know you would never agree that all the Trump impeachments were garbage, but, if you would, then yeah, this one probably is as well. If not? Then this one isn't.

Turley says there’s no ‘cognizable basis’ for Republicans to impeach Mayorkas​

Yoar link is pay-walled. Most members don't want to read that birdcage lining propaganda that pretends to pass as, "journalism," even if it weren't. . . but since this dreck is what yoar garbage thread is on. . . it might be helpful if folks can read that lunacy.

View attachment 930709
April 11, 2024

Though, I hate to admit, you may have a point. Impeachment is a very serious thing, and everything that the DNC accused Trump of doing, and all their impeachments were political and frivolous, this one, might be as well. Incompetance or being politically not what you like, is not an impeachable offense.

I know you would never agree that all the Trump impeachments were garbage, but, if you would, then yeah, this one probably is as well. If not? Then this one isn't.

learn:

View attachment 930709
April 11, 2024

Trump should've been convicted in the US Senate. TRE45ON

That lying piece of shit has let 8 million illegals into the country...most of them completely unvetted. We're only now starting to see the results of that deliberate act...our cities are overwhelmed...crime is out of control...and it's going to be getting worse before it gets better. Mayorkas should be sued personally (along with Joe Biden!) by the families of the victims of the scum they've both let into the country!

Forum List

Back