Republicans & Homosexuality ?!

What's your opinion about homosexuality?

• Homosexuality must be illegal and punishable.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Soheil

Feb 11, 2016
Iran
As an Iranian,
I want to know about attitudes of Americans toward homosexuality.

There is some questions i like to ask you guys:

- What do you think about homosexuality and homosexuals?
- Do you agree with gay-marriage and gay couples child adoption?
- If you have any sympathy for the Republican Party, Please explain, is it true that Republicans are opposed to Homosexual rights? Why? Is it not against Human rights? According to recent studies i've done, There is no scientific evidence or logical argument against Homosexuality.
- What is "God hates fags"? I can read about it in the Internet myself, But i want to know your opinions.

Thanks.

As someone that believes in personal freedom I think they have every right to be respected for their choice.

I've evolved to accept gay marriage and with it child adoption...Two parents are always better then one!

Republicans bitch about getting government out of peoples lives but then whine about gays...This is the thing, government has a real job in the marriage business and as long as it does I feel it must respect peoples choices.

Sadly, 2,000 year old religions trend to be very backwards and violent in nature.

Even though I'm slightly right of the political center, I don't care in the slightest what consenting adults do with their own bodies. Not my body, not my concern. I have no reason to really care about the subject one way or another. And being libertarian-minded, I'm uncomfortable with the gov't. getting involved in anyone's person life (whether I find it personally appealing or not).

Last edited:
I'm a Republican, mostly because we have a two-party system and it's that or the Democrats.

As far as homosexuality, I don't care. What consenting adults do behind closed doors is no business of mine.

As for gay marriage, my issue isn't whether gays should be able to get married, but why is government involved in the process at all? Why should I need to ask permission to marry someone?

I don't care if gays adopt. I just wants kids in a good loving environment. Straight people adopting can be monsters or they can be great with the kids. Gays are no different.

Why is the Republican party hung up on gays? It's because they saw the hardcore religious types as someone they could get in bed with, pun definitely intended, and now they have to pander to those types.

The social conservatives are really what gives the GOP a bad name. Most Americans might not like abortion or gay marriages, but they aren't excited about banning them either, but the people running the party just can't get that concept.

because most republican are christian .and christianity hate gay marriage.
correct?

As an Iranian,
I want to know about attitudes of Americans toward homosexuality.

There is some questions i like to ask you guys:

- What do you think about homosexuality and homosexuals?
- Do you agree with gay-marriage and gay couples child adoption?
- If you have any sympathy for the Republican Party, Please explain, is it true that Republicans are opposed to Homosexual rights? Why? Is it not against Human rights? According to recent studies i've done, There is no scientific evidence or logical argument against Homosexuality.
- What is "God hates fags"? I can read about it in the Internet myself, But i want to know your opinions.

Thanks.

What do I think about homosexuality and homosexuals? They're just like everyone else, except for the people that they find sexually attractive. I've known many gays over the years, and most of them are decent people, but, just like in straight society, there are assholes.

Gay marriage? Sure, everyone has the right to be miserable if they wish. Adoption? Again, sure, because you can't "catch the gay" just from being around them, because sexuality is hard wired in the brain.

Yes, Republicans are against gay rights. Why? Because they also have a very strong attachment to their religion, which says that being gay is somehow "bad" and "a sin". Personally, I think religion has no place in government. Keep your beliefs to yourself and I will do the same.

As far as the "God hates fags" thing? It was started by a radical church here in America called the Wesboro Baptist Church, and they believed that the reason for the Iraq war was because God was punishing the USA for it's tolerance of gays. They made up those signs and used them in protest at military funerals.

I believe that gay or straight, we should all be allowed the same benefits and privileges of living here in the USA.

3_trump_cruz.jpg
Donald Trump Goes After Ted Cruz on Gay Marriage - Towleroad

Donald Trump continues to hit Ted Cruz with everything he can following the Republican debate on Wednesday night in which he hammered him over his eligibility to run for president and his criticism of “New York values.”

Today, he continued on that line of attack and added a few new barbs, including this one:

“If Ted Cruz is so opposed to gay marriage, why did he accept money from people who espouse gay marriage?”

He also linked to the NY Times article which exposed Cruz’s meeting with OUT Hotel owners Ian Reisner and Mati Weiderpass:

The tweets about gay marriage followed several others about his citizenship and loans:

Previous
Next

correct?
Probably because God is against homosexuality.

The Old Testament mentions homosexuals twice, but banning of shellfish is mentioned nine times. Seems to me God is more upset if I eat clam chowder than if I eat man chowder.

Eating shell fish is no longer a sin and never was for Gentiles, homosexuality is banned in both the OT and the NT. You're quoting Mosaic Law done away with by the New Covenant

I don't care who is gay or what they do. I object to the government demanding, under punishment, that I must personally participate in their weddings and relationships. They should not adopt children.

I don't care. It is stupid divisive non-critical issues like this that clouds everything up and keeps the far-far more important issues off the table.
I don't believe the government should be in the relationship business either way.
Gay people want to get married? More power to them...who cares?

correct?

The Old Testament mentions homosexuals twice, but banning of shellfish is mentioned nine times. Seems to me God is more upset if I eat clam chowder than if I eat man chowder.

Eating shell fish is no longer a sin and never was for Gentiles, homosexuality is banned in both the OT and the NT. You're quoting Mosaic Law done away with by the New Covenant
The dietary restrictions on shellfish made a lot of sense. How many people would you have to watch die before you tried to figure out a reason for it?

correct?

The dietary restrictions on shellfish made a lot of sense. How many people would you have to watch die before you tried to figure out a reason for it?

Regardless it was Mosaic dietary law and is no longer considered a sin

correct?

The republican tea party claims to be the grassroots christian group...but I don't feel they are.

I don't think that anyone who hates on another is a christian, the people who think they are better than another probably is a closet sinner.

Very sad when people use religion to gain in politics

correct?

The republican tea party claims to be the grassroots christian group...but I don't feel they are.

I don't think that anyone who hates on another is a christian, the people who think they are better than another probably is a closet sinner.

Very sad when people use religion to gain in politics

Maybe Obama should cease promoting Islam then

That's a real trap in US politics. The TEA party wasn't started as a pro-God movement, it was a demand for limited government, but somewhere along the way it got hijacked by the Bible Bangers.

Forum List

Back