Republicans as parents

Why do people have a problem with feeding kids healthy food ?
How is that political ?

The problem is outsiders telling people what to do with their kids when no such advice was solicited.
So, you are saying you want schools to -feed your kids unhealthy food?

If you don't like what they serve at school, pack your kid's lunch.

Parents often do, and the lunch is often confiscated at school because the parental choices don't match what the school has dictated.

Schools need to feed students food they will eat, not food they will throw in the trash. That serves no one.

Thank you for proving my point.

Lets the kids eat what they want, not what they should eat.

Perhaps if you educated your children about healthy eating, there would not be an issue at school.

I understand that the anti-science crowd would think the experts are lying.

Under Obama, schools that got federal funding were to serve healthier food.

Trump & his hoard of dumbass followers are looking to change it.

We certainly need to bring back fat kids to match our fat flabby President.

I can picture Republicans at the dinner table with their kids.

Republican Parent: Eat your green beans
Snot nosed Republican brat kid: No,
Republican Parent: OK have a candy bar instead.

Keep the food in our school healthy.

If you actually pay attention when at the mall, the fat kids are nearly all black or South of the Border.

That's not racism, that's fact.

My kid ate what we gave him, or there was more for us.

Hahaha

No.

Lots of fat, white people here in the South.

How is that political ?

The problem is outsiders telling people what to do with their kids when no such advice was solicited.

That's nonsense. Outsiders are telling schools what to feed your kids. You are at perfect liberty to feed your kids anything.

In many schools you are not. Take peanut butter and jelly as an example.

That's for severe peanut allergies. Not for nutrition reasons.

How is that political ?

Parents often do, and the lunch is often confiscated at school because the parental choices don't match what the school has dictated.

Schools need to feed students food they will eat, not food they will throw in the trash. That serves no one.

No, it is not "often" confiscated. There have been very few incidents of that happening, and it's usually not in public schools.
They believe that children of ignorant people should suffer.

How is that political ?

No, it is not "often" confiscated. There have been very few incidents of that happening, and it's usually not in public schools.
Schools have enough to do. They should not have to save kids from domestic abuse, albeit done for misguided reasons.

Schools have enough to do. They should not have to save kids from domestic abuse, albeit done for misguided reasons.

We're mandated reporters. You suspect abuse, you say something. I wouldn't report someone for non-nutritious lunch, unless it was a starvation situation.

How is that political ?

The number of incidents is irrelevant. It should not happen even once.

How is that political ?

You're the one who used the word "often" as if there are thousands of homemade lunches being confiscated in schools around the country.

How is that political ?

Thank you for proving my point.

Lets the kids eat what they want, not what they should eat.

Perhaps if you educated your children about healthy eating, there would not be an issue at school.

I understand that the anti-science crowd would think the experts are lying.

My kid is 28 years old, a PhD and makes more money in adjusted dollars at that age than I did. He was well fed.

The public schools are so busy playing nanny and government indoctrination extraordinaire that they have produced a second rising generation of dimwitted uneducated ballast, who can't find their place on a map or work an equation without a calculator.

You're the one who used the word "often" as if there are thousands of homemade lunches being confiscated in schools around the country.

home packed lunch confiscated - Yahoo Search Results

Or it could be like with Michelle Obama...preach about healthy foods while being a board member of a snack food company. Or like both of the Obama's...come out strong against the REAL CULPRIT - high sugar content foods...and then eventually cave in to the sugar lobbyist and suddenly she stops talking about sugar content...and has never spoke about it since.

We're mandated reporters. You suspect abuse, you say something. I wouldn't report someone for non-nutritious lunch, unless it was a starvation situation.
I would be just as concerned about the fat kid stuffing his face with crap every day. That kid has rights.

I looked at the first four or five results, which were from 2012, referencing the same story in North Carolina. And one story was in the U.K.

I would be just as concerned about the fat kid stuffing his face with crap every day. That kid has rights.

Yeah, I'd be concerned, but that parent has rights, too.

I looked at the first four or five results, which were from 2012, referencing the same story in North Carolina. And one story was in the U.K.

Indeed. As I said, the number of events is irrelevant. It's the thought that counts.

How is that political ?

You used the word "often." You clearly put an emphasis on how much it happens.

Indeed. As I said, the number of events is irrelevant. It's the thought that counts.

See my reply above, where I quoted your use of the word "often" again.

How is that political ?

You used the word "often." You clearly put an emphasis on how much it happens.

See my reply above, where I quoted your use of the word "often" again.

Indeed. I also said the number of events are irrelevant. Make the connection.

Also, all events do not rise to the level of press coverage.

Kids dumping michelle's mandatory food into garbage cans isn't a solution dumb ass....

Feeding your kids at lunch is not the government's responsibility..if you want your kid to eat healthy, pack them a healthy lunch that they will actually eat.....

Dumb ass....

The biggest people in this country....are the people trapped in democrat voting districts.....

How is that political ?

But the schools have a duty to provide decent healthy food.
In the US it isnt a stretch to see people suing their former schools for making them fat.

We have had this in the UK when schools introduced healthier food.

TV crews filmed obese parents passing burgers through the fences so that little Johnny wouldnt starve.

It was laughable.

The schools were showing more love for the kids than their thick as shit parents..

Their are stats out there but I know that childhood obesity is on the rise because parents arent up to the job. We all pick up the tab on that.

Another extreme leftist who wants the state to supplant the family.

Last edited:
How is that political ?

But the schools have a duty to provide decent healthy food.
In the US it isnt a stretch to see people suing their former schools for making them fat.

We have had this in the UK when schools introduced healthier food.

TV crews filmed obese parents passing burgers through the fences so that little Johnny wouldnt starve.

It was laughable.

The schools were showing more love for the kids than their thick as shit parents..

Their are stats out there but I know that childhood obesity is on the rise because parents arent up to the job. We all pick up the tab on that.

Another extremely leftist who wants the state to supplant the family.

That has worked out so well in democrat controlled cities, Britain, Venezuela......

Forum List

Back