Republican lawyer. We must try and curtail college students from voting.

I am referring to the fact that currently, election day, is on a tuesday, and Govt is closed...by moving it to Saturday, they'd lose that holiday.
Please clarify where you live that government is closed on election day.

I have listened to this voter fraud thing since the 1980's and still, to this day, conservatives have never demonstrated there really is significant voter fraud. So, like so many other RW things, I will believe it when I see it. You guys are simply trying to fix a nonexistent problem by restricting people from voting that will probably vote against your side. It is really transparent attempt to restrict the vote since your party is losing the demographics.

I have listened to this voter fraud thing since the 1980's and still, to this day, conservatives have never demonstrated there really is significant voter fraud

Then we can implement vote ID and you guys won't lose a single vote.

You guys are simply trying to fix a nonexistent problem by restricting people from voting

Your voters can't get ID?

I have listened to this voter fraud thing since the 1980's and still, to this day, conservatives have never demonstrated there really is significant voter fraud. So, like so many other RW things, I will believe it when I see it. You guys are simply trying to fix a nonexistent problem by restricting people from voting that will probably vote against your side. It is really transparent attempt to restrict the vote since your party is losing the demographics.
why does crime have to be significant before you put in safe guards to prevent it?

Most places have early voting. I fully support that.
I would support having several days to vote at designated polling places. Mass mailout of ballets per voter rolls I do not support because it is too easy for people to allow other people to fill out their ballots. Many people that don't really care about voting would be willing to do this. Also, elderly people with dementia that would probably not vote may have there votes filled out by their caretakers. Who would know unless people are dumb enough to rat themselves out?

I have listened to this voter fraud thing since the 1980's and still, to this day, conservatives have never demonstrated there really is significant voter fraud

Then we can implement vote ID and you guys won't lose a single vote.

You guys are simply trying to fix a nonexistent problem by restricting people from voting

Your voters can't get ID?
I am not a Democrat and I am certainly not a RWer now days. The Republican party has gone crazy. It is obvious this line of thought is just to make it more and difficult to vote, in the hope that will be to Republicans advantage.

I would support having several days to vote at designated polling places. Mass mailout of ballets per voter rolls I do not support because it is too easy for people allow other people to fill out their ballots. Many people that don't really care about voting would be willing to do this. Also, elderly people with dementia that would probably not vote may have there votes filled out by their caretakers. Who would know unless people are dumb enough to rat themselves out?

You say "Many people" but yet there are places that have been doing this for years with no evidence at all that it happens.

You say "Many people" but yet there are places that have been doing this for years with no evidence at all that it happens.
Because this does not create evidence. The system allows for it to happen and there is no safeguard in place to produce any evidence.

I am not a Democrat and I am certainly not a RWer now days. The Republican party has gone crazy. It is obvious this line of thought is just to make it more and difficult to vote, in the hope that will be to Republicans advantage.

I am not a Democrat and I am certainly not a RWer now days.

Awesome. Then you don't need to worry about Dems losing any fraudulent votes.

It is obvious this line of thought is just to make it more and difficult to vote,

Making it more difficult for dead people, illegal aliens and other fraudulent voters
to cast a ballot is the plan. Leftist whining indicates their knowledge that it will
cost them votes.

Making it more difficult for dead people, illegal aliens and other fraudulent voters
to cast a ballot is the plan. Leftist whining indicates their knowledge that it will
cost them votes.

Yet you are unable to prove it happens other than isolated cases

A solution in search of a problem

It is obvious this line of thought is just to make it more and difficult to vote,

cost them votes.
I am an American that understands how important the Democratic Republic is to freedom. I remember the days when Republicans thought that too.

cost them votes.
What types of ID would be acceptable?
In Canada you can use government ID (DL etc.) or two documents that have your name and current address (two bills for example).

The crime is making it more difficult for legal voters to vote.
Actually no that's not a crime at all....but it is a crime to vote illegally...you appear to only be concerned if it meets your defination of "significant" - so instead of deflecting, explain to me why you are only concerned with preventing crime if it's "significant"?

You come across as one of those folks that could careless if all their neighbors houses were broken into, so long as yours wasn't....which is unsurprising...most dembots are selfish people

Forum List

Back