Republican lawyer. We must try and curtail college students from voting.

pknopp

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2019
I support some of the things Republicans pretend to support. A balanced budget and addressing the deficit.

I support some of the things Republicans do support. I'm pro-life and I support the 2nd Amendment.

Things like this among other actions are why I can not vote Republican.

A top Republican lawyer told donors at a Republican National Committee (RNC) retreat last weekend that conservatives should work to limit voting on college campuses.

Cleta Mitchell, a GOP lawyer who assisted former President Trump in his efforts to overturn the 2020 election, called on Saturday for Republicans to “combat” efforts to turnout college voters — a group that significantly tilts Democratic.

Top Republican lawyer tells donors conservatives should work to limit voting on college campuses

Voting should be one of our most sacred rights. We should be working to make voting easier for all, not harder for those some don't want voting.

I agree voting should be as easy as possible. But I really can never recall Republicans trying to enable more legal voters to vote. Maybe they have and I did not google it, but it seems Repubs are always making it more difficult. Sounds like this guys just said the quite part out loud.

Voting should be one of our most sacred rights.
It was until 2020.

We should be working to make voting easier for all
You should be working to make elections more secure from creating and fraud. When you make something easy, you make it easier to cheat.

There never was anything "hard" about going to the poll and pulling a lever.

In nearly 50 years of voting, I never once heard a single person complain it was too hard for them.

I support some of the things Republicans pretend to support. A balanced budget and addressing the deficit.

I support some of the things Republicans do support. I'm pro-life and I support the 2nd Amendment.

A top Republican lawyer told donors at a Republican National Committee (RNC) retreat last weekend that conservatives should work to limit voting on college campuses.

Cleta Mitchell, a GOP lawyer who assisted former President Trump in his efforts to overturn the 2020 election, called on Saturday for Republicans to “combat” efforts to turnout college voters — a group that significantly tilts Democratic.

Top Republican lawyer tells donors conservatives should work to limit voting on college campuses

Voting should be one of our most sacred rights. We should be working to make voting easier for all, not harder for those some don't want voting.

First Republicans blocked College Students from voting in the College town they reside.

Now, they want to block them from absentee voting in their home town

It was until 2020.

You should be working to make elections more secure from creating and fraud. When you make something easy, you make it easier to cheat.

There never was anything "hard" about going to the poll and pulling a lever.

In nearly 50 years of voting, I never once heard a single person complain it was too hard for them.
Still no evidence of widespread voter fraud, why is it still always used to try to dissuade others from voting?

It's true, the country benefits when fewer liberal idiots vote.

From reading the article, it looked like he's unhappy with the location of the polling places on campus, being right next to the dorms.
There might be a conversation there to be had. These are not crippled up old people who cant get around, there is no excuse for them NOT to vote...and they all have ID cards.
It's always better that people vote with intention and not just because its convenient. Usually a person who has to try just a little harder for something, has to put more thought into it.

Forum List

Back