Relative costs

It penalizes honest people, who work for a living, and who, on top of supporting themselves, also have to support worthless deadwood like you.
He said he worked and paid taxes for 40 years.

He paid into the system. And now, when he needs it, he’s collecting.

How is it any different than Americans collection social security when they retire?

He said he worked and paid taxes for 40 years.
He paid into the system. And now, when he needs it, he’s collecting.

And you believe him, it seems.

eaf2eb3c01241db66fae1631abcad5b7.gif

Tommy Tainant

Here's a UK junior doctor pointing out what the NHS receives for the different treatments, hospital facilities etc... The interviewer gives the American costs. Absolutely eye watering -

Tommy Tainant

Here's a UK junior doctor pointing out what the NHS receives for the different treatments, hospital facilities etc... The interviewer gives the American costs. Absolutely eye watering -

Yeppers, the NHS is soooooo great!

No, truly it is....if you actually get to see anyone that is.....

"The latest figures for August 2023 show:

• around 7.75 million people waiting for treatment, an increase from the previous month;
  • nearly 3.25 million of these patients waiting over 18 weeks;
  • around 397,000 of these patients waiting over a year for treatment – which is around 321 times as many as in August 2019, before the pandemic began.
  • a median waiting time for treatment of 14.5 weeks – almost double the pre-COVID median wait of 8 weeks in August 2019.

NHS backlog data analysis."

How NHS decline was allowed to happen​

"The UK has higher avoidable mortality and treatable mortality1 rates than comparator countries. This is driven by below-average survival rates for many major cancers (including cancer of the breast, cervix, colon, rectum, lung and stomach), and poorer outcomes from heart attacks and strokes."

No charge, to you, today.

How much was stolen from you, in the form of taxes and inflated costs, over the course of your working life (making a big leap of faith here, I know) to obtain all that "free" medical care?
When I looked into this a year or two ago, the average monthly healthcare premium in America was a little over $1,000. In the UK, the average monthly tax amount that goes on healthcare is around £500.

Does every American have health insurance? Every Brit has healthcare. There are waiting lists, obviously not for car crashes, pregnancies etc.. and if the ailment you have means you feel you're waiting too long, just pay the few hundred quid and go straight in in the next few days.

And if you watch the video above, cheap as chips.

When I looked into this a year or two ago, the average monthly healthcare premium in America was a little over $1,000. In the UK, the average monthly tax amount that goes on healthcare is around £500.

Does every American have health insurance? Every Brit has healthcare. There are waiting lists, obviously not for car crashes, pregnancies etc.. and if the ailment you have means you feel you're waiting too long, just pay the few hundred quid and go straight in in the next few days.

And if you watch the video above, cheap as chips.

Your outcomes are worse than the US. You have to wait months on average. I go see my doctor within the week if needed. Sooner if it is an emergency. NO PERSON IN THE USA IS DENIED MEDICAL CARE! Regardless of if you have medical insurance or not. Go to an ER and you are guaranteed treatment.

And, based on your wait times, merely having insurance in no way guarantees treatment.

and the chance to be in debt for the rest of your life to the hospital and anyone else that treated you while you were there.
Here's private healthcare cost in the UK -

Based on extensive research, looking at eight leading health insurers (Aviva, Axa, Bupa, Freedom, National Friendly, The Exeter, Vitality, WPA) in 10 UK towns and cities, we can reveal the average cost of health insurance in the UK is £86.07 per month (£1,032.84 per year)*.

*Pricing research conducted in January 2023. Average found by obtaining quotes from 8 leading providers for six age groups in ten towns and cities. See later in this post for our full methodology.

I have been in ill health for nearly two years now. The main reason I waste so much time on here. Anyway, before Christmas I had a below knee leg amputation and have been recovering at home since then.

I was in hospital for a week.. The operation was on day 1 and I had about 6 days recovering. There was no charge for that. They send a psychiatrist round to see that you are in good spirits as well. NO Charge. She was a real charmer and took me to the shop to buy an ice cream. I wanted a Solero but they only had Feasts so I had one of them. The Psych bought it for me. No charge.

A day after my Op the Occy Health came round and measured me up. A day later they delivered my customised wheelchair. No charge.

For the next few days the Physios came round every day and I practised using the chair,getting in and out, taking bits off and putting them back.

After a week my wife came and took me home. It was great to be back. The day after that the support services turned up with a ramp so that I could get out of the front door. They also adjusted the TV height for me so that I could watch it in comfort. No charge.

After a month or so recuperating and seeing my wound heal I got my first physio appointment. Ive been going 2 or 3 times a week since then. No charge.

Two weeks ago I was told that my swelling had gone down and I could be measured up for a prosthetic. No Charge.

On Tuesday I got my new leg and started the process of getting to walk again. Ive been booked in for physio until I dont need it any more. Its hard work with a Physio who thinks Prince was over rated.

Throughout this I have been on a cocktail of drugs . No charge.

I have also been given custom insoles to put in my shoes to ensure I am walking on the level. They also gave me a pair of shoes with "special features" to help me be comfortable as I learn to walk again. No charge.

In a month or so I hope to be walking around and a few months after that I expect to be back in work.

I think that I have been well looked after throughout all of this and I only have one real complaint.

They have also sent me a leaflet explaining how I can claim my new car using my motability allowance. Its a government scheme. I cant drive my car any more without some adjustments so I might as well have a new one. No charge.

I am guessing that all of this would have cost me a tidy some in the US ?
Gee with all that free and awesome health care you have you'd think you would have been better able to take care of yourself when you were younger so you wouldn't be losing body parts and have to be on all kinds of drugs.

Yup, better off in the UK by a country mile. Not having a government health service is, well, third world country standard.
My wife worked for BUPA once. One thing they dont mention is that any time an op goes wrong they dial 999 and ship you off to the NHS.
That is standard in private.

Over 10 years it happened all the time.Phone up BUPA and ask them what the protocol is.
Or, how about you supply the evidence to back your claim, that's normally the protocol on forums. Making a claim then asking others to research and find evidence results in a, "Get stuffed".

Now all of a sudden, you jump from an alleged instance to, 'It's BUPA's protocol". But to back your claim, you need to supply the evidence of these alleged instances.

Baseless posts are not worth a dime.

Forum List

Back