Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Possibly

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Captain Caveman

Platinum Member
Jun 14, 2020
England

Google is reportedly drawing up plans to charge for AI-enhanced search features, in what would be the biggest shake-up to the company’s revenue model in its history.

The radical shift is a natural consequence of the vast expense required to provide the service, experts say, and would leave every leading player in the sector offering some variety of subscription model to cover its costs

Count me out, I'll stick with the bog standard option. If all searches could behind a paywall, I'll move search engines, and if all search engines go that way, no more internet searching for me

Google is reportedly drawing up plans to charge for AI-enhanced search features, in what would be the biggest shake-up to the company’s revenue model in its history.

The radical shift is a natural consequence of the vast expense required to provide the service, experts say, and would leave every leading player in the sector offering some variety of subscription model to cover its costs

Count me out, I'll stick with the bog standard option. If all searches could behind a paywall, I'll move search engines, and if all search engines go that way, no more internet searching for me
I would be willing to pay for AI assisted searches, but not google. There would be too much crap in theirs unless they can make CLAUDE easier to adapt. You are more likely to see subscription RAGs flourish in niche industries or businesses to limit searches to its records. There is a lot of potential with the technology. Google just seems more likely to give you garbage out. May be good for entertainment purposes, but not really useful as a business app.

Forum List

Back