Reasoned Discourse

... It's well past time for the birthright citizenship to end.

You want to try and change the Constitution? Go ahead. In the meantime, anyone born in the US IS a US citizen. Not an anchor, a paperweight, a doorstop, or a cantilever; a citizen.

THat amendment was meant for the children of slaves.

Not citizens of another nation.

Anyone born in the US is a citizen of THIS nation. Address any dispute to the Supreme Court.

Logical Fallacy of Appeal to Authority.

It seems you don't understand what that means. It is a fact that the highest court has ruled on the matter. It is a fact that anyone born in the US is a US citizen. One of the few ways of changing that would be to go through the courts again.

I understand the way the law is viewed and enforce at this point in time.

My point is the current view is bad law.

It is based on precedent that should be overturned or negated somehow.

BUT, you are not able to show the same respect for you fellow citizens who want the law enforced.

That is a false accusation.

NOpe. Someone wants to see illegal aliens deported, and as you start discussing reasons, sooner or later, probably sooner, you disagree with their stated reasons and "realize" that they are actually motivated by racism.

THen you call them names and ignore all further information that disputes your position.

Provide evidence, or stop making false accusations and address the topic.

I'm sure you will have provided me with an example soon enough.

So you can't. Fine, move on from the false accusation.

Easier to wait a couple of hours. Can't be long before you do it.

You want to try and change the Constitution? Go ahead. In the meantime, anyone born in the US IS a US citizen. Not an anchor, a paperweight, a doorstop, or a cantilever; a citizen.

Anyone born in the US is a citizen of THIS nation. Address any dispute to the Supreme Court.

It seems you don't understand what that means. It is a fact that the highest court has ruled on the matter. It is a fact that anyone born in the US is a US citizen. One of the few ways of changing that would be to go through the courts again.

And your legal education, training, and experience that should lead me to accept your interpretation over that of the Supreme Court?

That is a false accusation.

NOpe. Someone wants to see illegal aliens deported, and as you start discussing reasons, sooner or later, probably sooner, you disagree with their stated reasons and "realize" that they are actually motivated by racism.

THen you call them names and ignore all further information that disputes your position.

Stop trolling and move on.

And your legal education, training, and experience that should lead me to accept your interpretation over that of the Supreme Court?

Nope.

Because of my argument based on historical facts and the reality of the situation that it is batshit insane to let the children of mexican parents be Americans because they are in this nation illegally.

This is not trolling. This is some one responding to your op with deadly seriousness and honesty.

Nope.

Because of my argument based on historical facts and the reality of the situation that it is batshit insane to let the children of mexican parents be Americans because they are in this nation illegally.

So, you personally disagree with the Constitution of the United States of America? Fine. And?

This is not trolling. This is some one responding to your op with deadly seriousness and honesty.

What you are doing is textbook trolling. If you can support your accusation, do it. If you can't, move on and address the issue.

Now, I may not be the poster child for reasoned discourse, but it seems awfully hard to come by when the topic has anything to do with immigration. This need not be so.
we don't need reasoned discourse

if you are an illegal alien you are not an "immigrant" you are a criminal and should be deported

as far as who we allow to let in as legal immigrants we should only allow those people who have desirable skills and or the capital to start a new business

Now, I may not be the poster child for reasoned discourse, but it seems awfully hard to come by when the topic has anything to do with immigration. This need not be so.
we don't need reasoned discourse

There it is. This attitude is why any discussion on the topic quickly turns to unproductive nonsense.

quote the whole post next time

if you are an illegal alien you are not an "immigrant" you are a criminal and should be deported

as far as who we allow to let in as legal immigrants we should only allow those people who have desirable skills and or the capital to start a new business

When people openly declare their disinterest in reasoned discourse, where can a discussion go but south?

Well, you had me right up until you defended the illegals. Do your job with legal immigrants all day, best of luck, hope they do well. Once you compare them to illegals then fuck off.They're illegal, therefore criminal and if you are getting a single dime for doing what you do from government it should be taken away the moment you give any illegal any help. You should actually be a person responsible for reporting these illegals if you're getting government funding. If you don't do that then maybe you're the one that needs to lose his job.

More than that, he needs to be prosecuted for treason. We used to deal with such traitorous filth as Unkotare by the use of a firing squad.

How messed up is it, that someone can openly confess to treason, in a public forum such as this, with no fear of legal consequences?

0cb50b50f5171b37d36c01cffcc98253.jpg

When people openly declare their disinterest in reasoned discourse, where can a discussion go but south?

you don't seem to understand that we as a nation do not have to allow immigration at all

Where has that been in dispute? Nonetheless, we always have and always will. Always.
and we should only allow people in that have the skills we desire and or the capital to start a new business

people who are here illegally are criminals and should be deported and never allowed back in

there's your discourse

you don't seem to understand that we as a nation do not have to allow immigration at all

Where has that been in dispute? Nonetheless, we always have and always will. Always.
and we should only allow people in that have the skills we desire...

and we should only allow people in that have the skills we desire ...

And what skills are those, exactly?

and we should only allow people in that have the skills we desire...

and we should only allow people in that have the skills we desire ...

And what skills are those, exactly?
Whatever we decide they are and they can change when needed but one that should be universal is that any and all people even considered for legal immigration must be fluent in both spoken and written English

you certainly can't think that the skills needed in the workforce are static

well maybe you can

I'm all for changing it. I think if we had enough people in the congress to pass the change it would easily get enough states to ratify the changes.

You don't have to change the Constitution. You can make laws to alter the meaning. We do it with every other amendment, we can do it with this one.

Mark

Forum List

Back