Moving

Kat

Retired Mod
Gold Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2008
Why is it so hard? Why so exhausting? Why is there so much to do? Even if you plan it all out...
How do you make it easier?

Why is it so hard? Why so exhausting? Why is there so much to do? Even if you plan it all out...
How do you make it easier?

"How do you make it easier?"

Have you tried a double Martini Cocktail darling, that always makes things easier :smoke:

As you want to be refreshed and not exhausted, then I'd recommend something not elaborate, but a Dry Martini Cocktail.

71ml of Tanqueray No. Ten, 14ml Dry Vermouth and 1 Dash of Angostura Orange Bitters, shaken not stirred and garnished with a lemon twist.

c6b054f3e1538a0d3255b55ee36477f8.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat
When I move, I do it a little at a time (if possible). Trying to do it all at once is kinda stressful.

• Thanks
I can't do it a little at a time. moving too far.
Am using 2 Men and a Truck, but there are still a million things I have to move and take care if........plus the packing. UGH
I will be happy happy when it is all over.

It won't be over until May. :meow:

Am using 2 Men and a Truck, but there are still a million things I have to move and take care if........plus the packing. UGH
One suggestion: Join the military and a moving company will pack it, move it and unpack it at your new home and it won't cost you a cent. Just sayin'.

• Thanks
I know your pain and then some. We'll most likely be moving soon and we're already packing (and have been) for some time now as well as getting rid of tons of crap. If the move is far, possibly Las Vegas NV then we'll use Pods, if it's closer like Tucson, Albuquerque or Ruidoso/Tularosa/Alamogordo then we'll do UHaul.

• Thanks
I know your pain and then some. We'll most likely be moving soon and we're already packing (and have been) for some time now as well as getting rid of tons of crap. If the move is far, possibly Las Vegas NV then we'll use Pods, if it's closer like Tucson, Albuquerque or Ruidoso/Tularosa/Alamogordo then we'll do UHaul.
Careful with PODS. If you are moving somewhere where there is no "hub" they fuck you and you need to unpack the pod and rent a truck, loading it and move your shit. It was 50 miles from their hub and they wouldn't do it even when offered to pay for the "extra trip" So, renting a Ryder and load every fucking thing over, then return the fucking truck since there was no Ryder place nearby.

• Thanks
Careful with PODS. If you are moving somewhere where there is no "hub" they fuck you and you need to unpack the pod and rent a truck, loading it and move your shit. It was 50 miles from their hub and they wouldn't do it even when offered to pay for the "extra trip" So, renting a Ryder and load every fucking thing over, then return the fucking truck since there was no Ryder place nearby.

"Careful with PODS."

What is it, PODS?

• Thanks
One suggestion: Join the military and a moving company will pack it, move it and unpack it at your new home and it won't cost you a cent. Just sayin'.

You are always so sensible and pragmatic Mr. Hoss.

"Careful with PODS."

What is it, PODS?

finn-in-pod.jpg

"Careful with PODS."

What is it, PODS?
A company who drops of small containers for you, you pack it, they pick it up and deliver it to the address you specify (If it is not out of their way....hahaha)
You can also rent one for storage in your backyard. Portable On Demand Storage

I have to do final walk thru on the house tomorrow, so am sitting in a hotel now. I am not a hotel kinda person...lol
It is nice and quiet and calm here though.

Forum List

Back