Reasoned Discourse

Unko works with illegals and Muslims. Do you call them Bitch or motherfucker alot? Do you condescend to them as much in the first person and mock them as you do here on this board if they don't think like you? Because most of us humans beings wouldn't like someone like YOU pretending to HELP US. Really? Biches? Mother fuckers? Sexist swine jerk. How dare you...really?

... Our borders should be closed, at all times. ....

Controlled, not closed.
Absolutely closed. What does controlled mean? Closed to anyone that can't prove they belong in. I don't get controlled, like we need to relax the system to let a few that shouldn't be here in?

Closed means NO ONE comes or goes in either direction. Controlled means we "control" who we let in and when.
I'm not sure what the difference is here. Closed for incoming. Head on out anytime no questions asked. Coming in is going to be a bit more difficult. I've crossed the border many times and it always did amaze me how easy it was.

... we as a planet are right now just treading water....

Meaning?

Meaning that we as a country have no need to increase our own populations...

Below replacement means our population falls BELOW current levels.
We've been for the obie years creating less jobs than the population needs. I'm not so sure a population slow down until we get caught up is all that bad. The obvious point to start would be to not bring more immigrants in.

Meaning?

We've been for the obie years creating less jobs than the population needs. I'm not so sure a population slow down until we get caught up is all that bad. ....

Then perhaps you should read this:

U.S. Population Falls to Dangerous Levels Below Replacement Rate | LifeNews.com

Meaning?

Yes, I am aware of that. I am also aware of the fact that we are losing jobs to technology faster than we can replace them. If we need less workers, we don't need more people.

Mark

Meaning?

We've been for the obie years creating less jobs than the population needs. I'm not so sure a population slow down until we get caught up is all that bad. ....

I've watched this for eight years. The job creation was below the birth rate. Not a good thing. In your article it said the birthrate went down due to the recession. It makes sense.

Let's not artificially inflate either. Just let the damn thing go on a natural course.

I've watched this for eight years. The job creation was below the birth rate. Not a good thing. In your article it said the birthrate went down due to the recession. It makes sense.

Let's not artificially inflate either. Just let the damn thing go on a natural course.

Read the whole article.

... It's well past time for the birthright citizenship to end.

You want to try and change the Constitution? Go ahead. In the meantime, anyone born in the US IS a US citizen. Not an anchor, a paperweight, a doorstop, or a cantilever; a citizen.

As stated in the OP, some people can't help but see any topic related to immigration as nothing more than an excuse to vent their own craven, weak-minded prejudice.
Are you teaching ILLEGALS for the money? Drop all of the morality crap.

Go find all the people who became rich teaching and ask them about it.

.... Try living with illegal aliens for a couple of weeks, no, months, yea, YEARS and get back to us. Would you condescend to ACTUALLY dealing with issue BEFORE making judgement to those that have, perchance?

In case anyone was wondering, I have far more, deeper, and more meaningful experience with immigration of all sorts than many who might have noise to make. I have lived and worked with, for, among and on behalf of immigrant communities for all of my adult life. I have been an immigrant, I have worked on behalf of refugees and asylum seekers, I have (and do) taught immigrants - of varying status - from elementary through graduate school and beyond. I work everyday in a (very) inner city public school district where I devote all my energies to helping immigrant high school students to learn and achieve. After that, I coach students - many immigrants or first generation - before then going to tutor a very different immigrant community or teaching at a college where my classes are adult immigrant learners. I then go home where very many of my friends and neighbors are immigrants of all sorts. I understand how and why illegal immigration is a problem for this country, and also how and why even illegal immigrants - without mitigating the legal part - are actual human beings and not just a vessel for the fears of the weak-minded, hysterical, and ignorant.

So, you are able to see that Illegal aliens are complete people worthy of respect.

BUT, you are not able to show the same respect for you fellow citizens who want the law enforced.

You have internalized some of the mindset that makes reasoned discourse impossible.

.... Try living with illegal aliens for a couple of weeks, no, months, yea, YEARS and get back to us. Would you condescend to ACTUALLY dealing with issue BEFORE making judgement to those that have, perchance?

In case anyone was wondering, I have far more, deeper, and more meaningful experience with immigration of all sorts than many who might have noise to make. I have lived and worked with, for, among and on behalf of immigrant communities for all of my adult life. I have been an immigrant, I have worked on behalf of refugees and asylum seekers, I have (and do) taught immigrants - of varying status - from elementary through graduate school and beyond. I work everyday in a (very) inner city public school district where I devote all my energies to helping immigrant high school students to learn and achieve. After that, I coach students - many immigrants or first generation - before then going to tutor a very different immigrant community or teaching at a college where my classes are adult immigrant learners. I then go home where very many of my friends and neighbors are immigrants of all sorts. I understand how and why illegal immigration is a problem for this country, and also how and why even illegal immigrants - without mitigating the legal part - are actual human beings and not just a vessel for the fears of the weak-minded, hysterical, and ignorant.

BUT, you are not able to show the same respect for you fellow citizens who want the law enforced.

That is a false accusation.

You want to try and change the Constitution? Go ahead. In the meantime, anyone born in the US IS a US citizen. Not an anchor, a paperweight, a doorstop, or a cantilever; a citizen.

THat amendment was meant for the children of slaves.

Not citizens of another nation.

Anyone born in the US is a citizen of THIS nation. Address any dispute to the Supreme Court.

NOpe. Someone wants to see illegal aliens deported, and as you start discussing reasons, sooner or later, probably sooner, you disagree with their stated reasons and "realize" that they are actually motivated by "racism".

THen you call them names and ignore all further information that disputes your position.

Anyone born in the US is a citizen of THIS nation. Address any dispute to the Supreme Court.

Logical Fallacy of Appeal to Authority.

I made an argument. Address it and explain why you think it is wrong or admit it is right and adjust your position accordingly.

NOpe. Someone wants to see illegal aliens deported, and as you start discussing reasons, sooner or later, probably sooner, you disagree with their stated reasons and "realize" that they are actually motivated by racism.

THen you call them names and ignore all further information that disputes your position.

Provide evidence, or stop making false accusations and address the topic.

NOpe. Someone wants to see illegal aliens deported, and as you start discussing reasons, sooner or later, probably sooner, you disagree with their stated reasons and "realize" that they are actually motivated by racism.

I'm sure you will have provided me with an example soon enough.

Logical Fallacy of Appeal to Authority.

It seems you don't understand what that means. It is a fact that the highest court has ruled on the matter. It is a fact that anyone born in the US is a US citizen. One of the few ways of changing that would be to go through the courts again.

I'm sure you will have provided me with an example soon enough.

So you can't. Fine, move on from the false accusation.

Forum List

Back