Really? You're pissed at Rolling Stone?

Did you read the article? If not, how the fuck do you know what they are doing? Unlike you, I will actually reserve judgement until I read it, if I ever do. Judging from the way they usually "cover the issues" my guess is that the article will end up blaming white society for turning him into a monster. The days when they actually reported the issues without putting their own political spin on things ended not long after they wrote about Manson.

By the way, if you think there was no outrage about Rolling Stone putting Charles Manson on its cover you are even dumber than you look.

So you go after Biker for judging the story, then you judge what the story is probably about? Lol
And the magazine won an award for the Manson story, so I doubt there was a lot of outrage.

As for political spin... You probably have never even bought a Rolling Stone magazine. Lol

I didn't judge the story, I judged the editorial policy of the magazine. Care to make an argument that I got it wrong?

How is that any different than what Biker said?
Isn't it Rolling Stones policy to cover such people and this type of news?

It seems that a few people have their panties in a bunch because of the latest cover of Rolling Stone.

While the magazine may not have the cachet it did back in the day, "the cover of the Rolling Stone" has had an iconic role in American pop culture since Dr. Hook & the Medicine Show sang about their lust to be on it back in 1973.

So it's no surprise that Rolling Stone's decision to devote that hallowed real estate to Boston Marathon bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev has triggered widespread outrage. Feelings about the hideous crime remain raw. Choosing as cover art a selfie of Tsarnaev with tousled hair and a vaguely come-hither expression rather than the aura of a fearsome alleged mass murderer didn't help, never mind that the photo has appeared everywhere, including on the front of The New York Times.

CONTROVERSY: Tsarnaev cover stirs firestorm

The comments in such venues as Twitter, Facebook and Boston.com are brutal, lambasting the magazine for glorifying terrorists and calling for readers to boycott it in the future.

But while it's understandable that people are upset by the attention to "Jahar," I'm not sure Rolling Stone is guilty of any journalistic war crimes.

Some commenters have wondered what a magazine that tends to feature on its covers musicians like, er, the Rolling Stones is trying to tell us by putting an alleged terrorist out there. But Rolling Stone has a long history of featuring serious news coverage as well as rock 'n' roll.

Just three years ago, Gen. Stanley McChrystal lost his job as commander of the U.S. forces in Afghanistan because of an article in Rolling Stone that featured caustic comments about President Obama by the general and his aides. Back in the 1970s, it featured the groundbreaking political coverage of gonzo journalist Hunter S. Thompson. And, speaking of mass murderers, Charles Manson was once on the cover of Rolling Stone.

While the full text of the article isn't scheduled to be released until Friday, it hardly sounds like a puff piece. Here's the cover type: "THE BOMBER," followed by, "How a Popular, Promising Student Was Failed by his Family, Fell Into Radical Islam and Became a Monster."

Don't stone 'Rolling Stone' over Boston bomber cover

Interestingly, people are pissed that Tsarnaev is on the cover, yet very few bitched when Charles Manson was on the cover.

Sorry, but Rolling Stone covers the celebrities when there's no significant news, but when it boils over into the psyche of the American public, then they tend to cover it.

If you're pissed about Tsarnaev is on the cover get over it.

They're just covering the news.

the only thing i am pissed at about Rolling stone is the Asshole who owns it....Jan Wenner.....he and his so called "Music Experts" have ruined the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame....

It seems that a few people have their panties in a bunch because of the latest cover of Rolling Stone.

While the magazine may not have the cachet it did back in the day, "the cover of the Rolling Stone" has had an iconic role in American pop culture since Dr. Hook & the Medicine Show sang about their lust to be on it back in 1973.

So it's no surprise that Rolling Stone's decision to devote that hallowed real estate to Boston Marathon bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev has triggered widespread outrage. Feelings about the hideous crime remain raw. Choosing as cover art a selfie of Tsarnaev with tousled hair and a vaguely come-hither expression rather than the aura of a fearsome alleged mass murderer didn't help, never mind that the photo has appeared everywhere, including on the front of The New York Times.

CONTROVERSY: Tsarnaev cover stirs firestorm

The comments in such venues as Twitter, Facebook and Boston.com are brutal, lambasting the magazine for glorifying terrorists and calling for readers to boycott it in the future.

But while it's understandable that people are upset by the attention to "Jahar," I'm not sure Rolling Stone is guilty of any journalistic war crimes.

Some commenters have wondered what a magazine that tends to feature on its covers musicians like, er, the Rolling Stones is trying to tell us by putting an alleged terrorist out there. But Rolling Stone has a long history of featuring serious news coverage as well as rock 'n' roll.

Just three years ago, Gen. Stanley McChrystal lost his job as commander of the U.S. forces in Afghanistan because of an article in Rolling Stone that featured caustic comments about President Obama by the general and his aides. Back in the 1970s, it featured the groundbreaking political coverage of gonzo journalist Hunter S. Thompson. And, speaking of mass murderers, Charles Manson was once on the cover of Rolling Stone.

While the full text of the article isn't scheduled to be released until Friday, it hardly sounds like a puff piece. Here's the cover type: "THE BOMBER," followed by, "How a Popular, Promising Student Was Failed by his Family, Fell Into Radical Islam and Became a Monster."

Don't stone 'Rolling Stone' over Boston bomber cover

Interestingly, people are pissed that Tsarnaev is on the cover, yet very few bitched when Charles Manson was on the cover.

Sorry, but Rolling Stone covers the celebrities when there's no significant news, but when it boils over into the psyche of the American public, then they tend to cover it.

If you're pissed about Tsarnaev is on the cover get over it.

They're just covering the news.

the only thing i am pissed at about Rolling stone is the Asshole who owns it....Jan Wenner.....he and his so called "Music Experts" have ruined the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame....

I agree he is an idiot for not letting those bands in but he started it. It's his to ruin.

The man used to be a genius, but now he must just be getting old.

So you go after Biker for judging the story, then you judge what the story is probably about? Lol
And the magazine won an award for the Manson story, so I doubt there was a lot of outrage.

As for political spin... You probably have never even bought a Rolling Stone magazine. Lol

I didn't judge the story, I judged the editorial policy of the magazine. Care to make an argument that I got it wrong?

Did you read what he said?

Have you read what they wrote about Tsarnaev? I don't think they portrayed him as a rock star either.

All I wanted to know is if he read the story before he formed an opinion about it. I then commented on the abysmal way Rolling Stone tends to handle stories, and you jumped to the idiotic conclusion that I was commenting on a story I haven't read.

You really need to get over your delusion that I hate you.

Have you read what they wrote about Tsarnaev? I don't think they portrayed him as a rock star either.

All I wanted to know is if he read the story before he formed an opinion about it. I then commented on the abysmal way Rolling Stone tends to handle stories, and you jumped to the idiotic conclusion that I was commenting on a story I haven't read.

Delusion that you hate me? WTF are you talking about?

I am a huge bitch and I am very blunt. Do I seem like I am someone who cares if people hate me or not?

I don't care if you hate me, and I never thought you did. Lol

I am a huge bitch and I am very blunt. Do I seem like I am someone who cares if people hate me or not?

you are also very annoying Luissa.....

Why do men think we care about their every thought?

Please do not paint all men with the same broad brush. I am well aware that my wife and daughters rarely give two shits about what I think.

i dont....just repeating how you described yourself......ANNOYING CUSTOMER....thought it went along with ...."I am a huge bitch and I am very blunt".....

You aren't smart enough to be a bitch, and wouldn't know blunt if you smoked one.

You follow me around and attack me even when I agree with you, how do you explain that? Are you obsessed with me because of my skin color?

If Rolling Stone magazine is supposed to be a music magazine, what does that guy have to do with music?
They are a music magazine which also covers world events.

Is that too hard for you to grasp?
To answer your question, no. The reason why I was asking is because I didn't know that the magazine was about more than just music.

God bless you always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

P.S. Is it too hard for you to grasp that not everyone pays as much attention to the magazine as you do?

You aren't smart enough to be a bitch, and wouldn't know blunt if you smoked one.

You follow me around and attack me even when I agree with you, how do you explain that? Are you obsessed with me because of my skin color?

You have to be smart to be a bitch?
What color is your skin?

WTF.....................a journalist writes a story about a thing that happened to have a large impact on the people of this country, and everyone decides to say that they're glorifying terrorism?

RS did an article on Charles Manson (who did a lot of bad things), and even showed him in a better light than what they did for Tsarnaeyv.

I'm still wondering about the outrage. Is it really like Steve Doocy (pronounced Doo-Chee, as in feminine cleaning products) said, which is that because they displayed one person (who was the first person in a long time) and they're gonna be famous?

Sorry..........................but the next terrorist ain't gonna make the cover of the Rolling Stone.

I guess that Steve Douchy is gonna be jealous.

Forum List

Back