Rape-Conceived Woman Speaks Out Against Abortion

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
knew you wouldn't face up to it.

wow, that's all you can come up with???

you tell me I am hypocritical with the statements that I made. I THEN tell you what I meant by that, but obviously you didn't really read what was posted.

and you tell me you KNEW I couldn't live up to it. Why is that? Please tell me your personal feelings towards me, because your statement that I couldn't live up to it sounds like you are saying I am less of a person, that I am not as good of a human as you are. Please enlighten me as to what you mean by this.

I definitely didn't mean to start anything, I was stating my very personal feelings on this topic.

I think the woman is story is great and is doing wonderful things and I'm happy that she is able to have a good relationship with her biological mother.

I just know how I would be in that situation and unfortunately, a baby to me that was concieved through rape would be a "thing" not a baby or fetus or what ever. Righ or wrong I would have a lot of negative feelings towards that baby and would not want to bring in this world. If I became pregnant because of being with somebody I wanted to be with, not forced to be with, my outlook would be very different.

Again, those are just my raw feelings on it. Normally I'm not so emotional about topics, but this is one of those topics that gets to me.

I respect everyone else's feelings and opinions and I appreciate that nobody has attacked me on my feelings. ;)

Originally posted by brneyedgrl80
I definitely didn't mean to start anything, I was stating my very personal feelings on this topic.

I think the woman is story is great and is doing wonderful things and I'm happy that she is able to have a good relationship with her biological mother.

I just know how I would be in that situation and unfortunately, a baby to me that was concieved through rape would be a "thing" not a baby or fetus or what ever. Righ or wrong I would have a lot of negative feelings towards that baby and would not want to bring in this world. If I became pregnant because of being with somebody I wanted to be with, not forced to be with, my outlook would be very different.

Again, those are just my raw feelings on it. Normally I'm not so emotional about topics, but this is one of those topics that gets to me.

I respect everyone else's feelings and opinions and I appreciate that nobody has attacked me on my feelings. ;)

i guess i was wondering why not opt for adoption? if you couldn't give a good home, let someone else who wants to. there are so many people out there that would willingly adopt an infant regardless of how they were conceived. I would adopt every child that needed a home, if i had the money and the means. If I won the lottery, this is one thing I would do, is adopt several children, as many as I had room for.

Originally posted by fuzzykitten99
wow, that's all you can come up with???

I need to come up with something other than the truth?

you tell me I am hypocritical with the statements that I made. I THEN tell you what I meant by that, but obviously you didn't really read what was posted.

I pointed out to you, plain as day, what you posted and where it was hypocritical. Even explained it to you. You came back with some excuse about it not being an attack (odd that I never said you attacked her) and how it was just 'perspective' on a choice of words. Kind of like using 'what I REALLY meant was.....'

and you tell me you KNEW I couldn't live up to it. Why is that? Please tell me your personal feelings towards me, because your statement that I couldn't live up to it sounds like you are saying I am less of a person, that I am not as good of a human as you are. Please enlighten me as to what you mean by this.

I have no personal feelings towards you, by your posts on the board I see you as a conservative because you like to bash liberals using the typical conservative pundit quips and remarks without having any of your own to use.

Are you as good of a human as I am? I'm not the judge of that, nor are you. I imagine you try your best, just as I do. What I was saying, though, is that you are probably not as good a conservative as others on this board because you couldn't own up to being shown as hypocritical with your two conflicting statements, but thats just my 'perspective'. ;)

Have you ever had a child? Been pregnant?

Frankly what ppl are missing is that rape is not always 'trauma' for a woman. At ANY point during intercourse a woman can change her mind, and decide to stop. If the man enters her after that point, it's legal rape. Even if he penetrates SLIGHTLY after she says 'we should stop', it's 'rape'.

So take an event like this, and by random chance a baby is concieved. Would you still be sickened by this 'thing' inside you?

Frankly, you have NO IDEA what you'd feel about a child inside you. I like to think you'd do the right thing; you'd learn to mature your feelings about life - inspite of the circumstances.

i guess i was wondering why not opt for adoption? if you couldn't give a good home, let someone else who wants to. there are so many people out there that would willingly adopt an infant regardless of how they were conceived. I would adopt every child that needed a home, if i had the money and the means. If I won the lottery, this is one thing I would do, is adopt several children, as many as I had room for.

Selfishness. Today people are taught to do things which provide instant gratification. We are not taught, by and large, to choose the 'hard' right over the 'easy' wrong.

Which brings me to my next point - talk about trauma? Talk about dealing with scars and fears and guilt that often comes after a woman kills her baby.

So say a woman is violently raped. She's hurting. She's mad at the world and mad at God. She's pregnant now. She opts to punish the CHILD for the sins of the father, and has the baby killed.

On top of being a victim of rape, she's also now party to murder.

:-/

p.s. re: adoption...
My wife and I sorta feel as long as we can make our OWN kids, it's not right to take a child away from a couple who is unable.

i guess i was wondering why not opt for adoption? if you couldn't give a good home, let someone else who wants to.

my guess is that it would have to do with the 9 months of carrying a product of a severe emotional assault.

Originally posted by -=d=-
Selfishness. Today people are taught to do things which provide instant gratification. We are not taught, by and large, to choose the 'hard' right over the 'easy' wrong.

Which brings me to my next point - talk about trauma? Talk about dealing with scars and fears and guilt that often comes after a woman kills her baby.

So say a woman is violently raped. She's hurting. She's mad at the world and mad at God. She's pregnant now. She opts to punish the CHILD for the sins of the father, and has the baby killed.

On top of being a victim of rape, she's also now party to murder.

:-/

not sure I'm understanding this. Are you saying that the rape victim should say 'oh look, i was raped and now i'm pregnant. guess I'll just live and let live?'

my guess is that it would have to do with the 9 months of carrying a product of a severe emotional assault, or of simply a bad judgement in sleeping partners - a moment of regret. (think Kobe Bryant? ;)

fixed ;)

That's very awesome of you to feel that way!!

I'm like that with animals... especially cats. If I could help all the strays out there and all the ones in humane societies, I would. I donate money frequently to no-kill shelters for the animals that they take in. :D

It actually used to be a dream of mine to run a no-kill shelter for kitties when I was younger. Every now and then I still think about it...

fixed ;)

while I know, and agree with you, that there are less than honorable women out there who will claim rape when there wasn't an actual rape, not every woman is like that. I'm rather disturbed that you would take my quote and change it like that about this issue.

not sure I'm understanding this. Are you saying that the rape victim should say 'oh look, i was raped and now i'm pregnant. guess I'll just live and let live?'

I'm saying a 'rape' victim should not punish a child because of the circumstances. I'm saying there's tragedy in legitimate rape which should NOT be passed on to the product. I'm saying that even under bad circumstances, GOOD can result.

It was 'bad' when I was seperated, involuntarily, from the Army. Through that bad time in my life, a career and family was spawned.

Have you ever had a child? Been pregnant?

Frankly what ppl are missing is that rape is not always 'trauma' for a woman. At ANY point during intercourse a woman can change her mind, and decide to stop. If the man enters her after that point, it's legal rape. Even if he penetrates SLIGHTLY after she says 'we should stop', it's 'rape'.

So take an event like this, and by random chance a baby is concieved. Would you still be sickened by this 'thing' inside you?

Frankly, you have NO IDEA what you'd feel about a child inside you. I like to think you'd do the right thing; you'd learn to mature your feelings about life - inspite of the circumstances.

What's right for some is wrong for others. In a case of violent rape, I would not want to carry the baby. DK said it best:
my guess is that it would have to do with the 9 months of carrying a product of a severe emotional assault.

I think that is being mature when you make the best decision for you.

And, before you start thinking that you know me about the whole pregnancy thing, I know how I would feel about being pregnant, thanks for asking. :rolleyes:

a baby to me that was concieved through rape would be a "thing" not a baby or fetus or what ever. . . . .

I understand you are trying to express your "raw" feelings. But doiong so is insensitive which, as a liberal, I would think you would care about that.

So are all children conceived through rape a "thing"? Since we are all human (I must assume you are unless you are an alien imposter :p: ), if it is a "thing" in you, it must be perceived it would be a "thing" in all women that are impregnated that way. Therefore, the end-results - the human that is born - would be a "thing". So are we going to start categorizing people by whether they were conceived through rape or not? Hell, let's take it further.....

Many feminists say that when women reluctantly give up the "pooter" to the husband when they really aren't in the mood, that the men are in effect "raping" their wives. So, if a wife is impregnated during such an occurance, is the child considered having been conceived by rape? If so, there might be a lot of us out here that were probably conceived by rape as we all know about the "headaches".:rolleyes:

while I know, and agree with you, that there are less than honorable women out there who will claim rape when there wasn't an actual rape, not every woman is like that. I'm rather disturbed that you would take my quote and change it like that about this issue.

I changed your quote to show that even a pregnancy could result from what is 'legally' rape, it does NOT mean the even was honestly 'traumatic' for a woman. It could be her trauma was formed AFTER the event, regrets, etc. Now she wants to label the event 'rape' in order to perhaps feel better about her decision to kill the child.

Originally posted by freeandfun1
I understand you are trying to express your "raw" feelings. But doiong so is insensitive which, as a liberal, I would think you would care about that.

So are all children conceived through rape a "thing"? Since we are all human (I must assume you are unless you are an alien imposter :p: ), if it is a "thing" in you, it must be perceived it would be a "thing" in all women that are impregnated that way. Therefore, the end-results - the human that is born - would be a "thing". So are we going to start categorizing people by whether they were conceived through rape or not? Hell, let's take it further.....

Many feminists say that when women reluctantly give up the "pooter" to the husband when they really aren't in the mood, that the men are in effect "raping" their wives. So, if a wife is impregnated during such an occurance, is the child considered having been conceived by rape? If so, there might be a lot of us out here that were probably conceived by rape as we all know about the "headaches".:rolleyes:

I appreciate what you are replying with - it makes sense, but it won't work. Liberals exist in a world of no absolutes - what is true for once instance isn't for another. Moral Relativism. They cannot adopt a policy without changing that feeling on a whim, to make whatever specific instance they find themself in justifyable in their minds.

Originally posted by freeandfun1

I will never understand the illogical explanations that some people use in an attempt to compare everyone to the same set of standards with regards to human behavior. I guess thats my saving grace as a liberal.

I will never understand the illogical explanations that some people use in an attempt to compare everyone to the same set of standards with regards to human behavior. I guess thats my saving grace as a liberal.

makes sense to me. but then again, i use logic. Not "feelings" to make my determinations in life.

Forum List

Back