Rape-Conceived Woman Speaks Out Against Abortion

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by freeandfun1, Jul 8, 2004.

1. freeandfun1

freeandfun1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +296
  2. HGROKIT

HGROKIT Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19
    What a trip! I agree with her 100%. Looks like she turned out ok and is a contributing member of society.

3. brneyedgrl80

brneyedgrl80 Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Mmmm.... I just know I wouldn't be able to do that.

I just know how I am personally, I would never carry that child to full term. The moment I could go to a clinic and have the abortion the better.

In all honesty (this is just my personal feelings) I would hate that thing inside me, and unfortunately, that's what it would be, a thing, not a potential baby. I would also be really disgusted with the whole situation. I guess in a way, I would feel violated even after the rape knowing I was pregnant with it.

I know all that sounds harsh, but those are just my raw feelings about that situation if I were in it.

A woman who can go through that situation and carry that baby to full term, well... more power to her. But I just know I wouldn't be able to.

4. lilcountriegal

lilcountriegal Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +59
    Wow. I dont think I've ever seen that put so bluntly. No disrespect intended, but that sentence I quoted above sickens me, as a mother.

I am the mother of a soon-to-be 4 year old daughter. Her father left me the minute he found out I was pregnant. I was alone, with no job, and no home. Not once did I consider the easy way out (abortion). Not once did I consider my child "that thing inside me". Granted, she was not conceived of rape, but she was concieved at the lowest of lows in my life, and never once did I consider making her pay for my life situation.

She is the love of my life to this day. I am still single, struggling to survive paycheck to paycheck and I thank the lord every day that she throws her arms around me and hugs me tight that I didnt take the easy way out.

5. krisy

krisy Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +112
    Good for you lilcountri!!!! :clap: :clap:

I personally applaud this woman for her efforts. She is brave and she makes an excellent point that it is about the baby and his or her life as well as the mothers. I think she proves a child like this can grow up and be a great person. I can't imagine how she feels when people say abortion is wrong instead of cases of incest or rape. I have seen other stories on t.v. about married women that were raped and had the babies and raised them as part of their family. Just because a woman is raped,doesn't mean that child is 100% the rapists child. It is still part of you,and your flesh and blood. I can't imagine what this must be like to be in a situaton of this nature,but I think the awareness she raises is a good thing for sure.

6. lilcountriegal

lilcountriegal Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +59
    What an excellent point Krisy. Anyone can conceive a child, only a chosen few can be a Daddy.

7. UsaPride

UsaPride Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +198
    I have a friend who was raped. She ended up getting pregnant with twins, she had them and is raising them. Her husband, now, has adopted them. I think she is an awesome woman for doing this. The strength she has, whew!!
    I am against abortion, but I honestly, in all Good faith, can not even imagine what I would do in that situation.
    And good for you Lil!!!! :D

8. DKSuddeth

DKSuddeth Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +62
    before everyone thats pro-life eviscerates brneyedgrl80, lets look at what she's talking about, k?

Rape, if you haven't experienced it, is a seriously emotionally devastating crime. Much more than physically devastating. Unlike a conception of mutually consensual sex, the conception through rape is a CONSTANT reminder of the assault for the remainder of that persons life. To verbally hammer someone for stating that they "would hate that thing inside me" as their personal feelings about being a rape victim is plain wrong.

It's not anyones place to tell another person how they should feel or react to any given circumstance and its certainly not anyones place to force them to live with the emotional trauma of rape any longer than they feel they have to.

9. freeandfun1

freeandfun1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +296
    Only one person said anything. Probably it was best to leave the sleeping dog lie. The thread is about the lady in the story. Not about brneyedgrl80.

10. DKSuddeth

DKSuddeth Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +62
    nipping it in the bud, before it got started. I also applaud the lady in the story. Strength in the face of adversity is a quality that can be admired in anyone.