Rape-Conceived Woman Speaks Out Against Abortion

Originally posted by -=d=-
I appreciate what you are replying with - it makes ssnese, but it won't work. Liberals exist in a world of no absolutes - what is true for once instance isn't for another. Moral Relativism. They cannot adopt a policy without changing that feeling on a whim, to make whatever specific instance they find themself in justifyable in their minds.

horse hockey.

If it was about the same individual making two seperate decisions concerning the same actions, I might agree with you, however, the subject at hand is ACTUALLY about dealing with a large number of different individuals, all with their own individual emotions, feelings, ideas, and morals. Thats not moral relativism, thats being human, unless you actually mean to describe humans as being morally relative.

Originally posted by freeandfun1
I understand you are trying to express your "raw" feelings. But doiong so is insensitive which, as a liberal, I would think you would care about that.

So are all children conceived through rape a "thing"? Since we are all human (I must assume you are unless you are an alien imposter :p: ), if it is a "thing" in you, it must be perceived it would be a "thing" in all women that are impregnated that way. Therefore, the end-results - the human that is born - would be a "thing". So are we going to start categorizing people by whether they were conceived through rape or not? Hell, let's take it further.....

Many feminists say that when women reluctantly give up the "pooter" to the husband when they really aren't in the mood, that the men are in effect "raping" their wives. So, if a wife is impregnated during such an occurance, is the child considered having been conceived by rape? If so, there might be a lot of us out here that were probably conceived by rape as we all know about the "headaches".:rolleyes:

Like I stated above, these are my personal feelings. I do my best to try to not pass judgement on anyone else. To me, I would look at it as a "thing" simply because of the situation. For another woman pregnancy could turn a bad situation into a positive one in a way and I respect that. That's all I'm saying about this.

You can't tell me how I should feel or what I should do in a situation like that, no more than I could tell you.

Originally posted by brneyedgrl80

You can't tell me how I should feel or what I should do in a situation like that, no more than I could tell you.

You have the right to feel how you feel. My point is that it is a childish way to look at it. That is all. JMHO!

What's unfortunate is there is a much smaller voice who gets no say in the matter. Another innocent victim.

Every person born in this world makes a fingerprint on another life, in one way, shape, or form. Think of the fingerprints that are being erased.

You have the right to feel how you feel. My point is that it is a childish way to look at it. That is all. JMHO!

that would be your 'feeling' and opinion, not logic.

I take this situation very seriously, it is not childish. And for you to say that my outlook is childish when I am being very serious just because my feelings happen to go against what you believe speaks volumes. Thanks for the putdown. :rolleyes:

I take this situation very seriously, it is not childish. And for you to say that my outlook is childish when I am being very serious just because my feelings happen to go against what you believe speaks volumes. Thanks for the putdown. :rolleyes:

You can have an opinion but I can't? My opinion is that your opinion is childish.

By looking at the fetus as a "thing" you are avoiding reality. Any good therapist will tell you that "avoidance" is not a good trait to have.

You can have an opinion but I can't? My opinion is that your opinion is childish.

By looking at the fetus as a "thing" you are avoiding reality. Any good therapist will tell you that "avoidance" is not a good trait to have.

If your wife, or daughter, were the impregnated victim of rape, how would you feel about her carrying to term? How would you feel once the child is born? How would you view the child at 5 years old, 15 years old, 25 years old?

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
If your wife, or daughter, were the impregnated victim of rape, how would you feel about her carrying to term? How would you feel once the child is born? How would you view the child at 5 years old, 15 years old, 25 years old?

Just a reminder that feelings often get in the way of and contradict logic.

Logic is what makes rules.

That is why you need a standard.

That is why thinking like this makes the deterioration of rules and deteroration of morals and ethical standards.

i don't know how i would feel. and you don't know how you would feel and burndy doesn't know how she would fee. we all know how we think we would feel, but we don't really know.

Which side are you on now? this points the case that feelings can change - we shouldn't make life or death decisions based on how we 'feel' at any particular moment.

Initially, it'd be understandable for a woman to be upset w/ the pregnancy...by the time the pregnancy is at term, her feelings may have likely changed. If she kills the baby, she never allows for that chance.

If they haven't, she wisks the kid off for adoption and junk.

Originally posted by NewGuy
Just a reminder that feelings often get in the way of and contradict logic.

Logic is what makes rules.

That is why you need a standard.

That is why thinking like this makes the deterioration of rules and deteroration of morals and ethical standards.

and what is not being understood is that you can't determine a 'standard' for human behavior. we are all different, not robots or automotons. It's illogical to rule human behavior standards based on a one person, or a group of people.

and what is not being understood is that you can't determine a 'standard' for human behavior. we are all different, not robots or automotons. It's illogical to rule human behavior standards based on a one person, or a group of people.

How else do you establish law?

i don't know how i would feel. and you don't know how you would feel and burndy doesn't know how she would fee. we all know how we think we would feel, but we don't really know.

If you don't know how you would feel, or how your wife or daughter would feel, then how can you say that her opinion and feelings are childish?

Originally posted by -=d=-
Which side are you on now? this points the case that feelings can change - we shouldn't make life or death decisions based on how we 'feel' at any particular moment.

Initially, it'd be understandable for a woman to be upset w/ the pregnancy...by the time the pregnancy is at term, her feelings may have likely changed. If she kills the baby, she never allows for that chance.

If they haven't, she wisks the kid off for adoption and junk.

I'm on the side of the victim, I thought that was obvious.

feelings CAN change, whether they do or not is completely dependent upon that individual. NOT what one group or the other thinks they should be.

Originally posted by NewGuy
How else do you establish law?

I'll clarify. You can set standards for human behavior in societal settings. i.e. people don't rape, murder, or steal.

you can't set standards for human behavior with regards to how they will react on a personal level.

I'm on the side of the victim, I thought that was obvious.

feelings CAN change, whether they do or not is completely dependent upon that individual. NOT what one group or the other thinks they should be.

So the child isn't a victim in this? Your whole 'if it doesn't hurt ME, who am I to say they shouldn't do it' philosphy is a quick way to lead a society to distruction.

I'll clarify. You can set standards for human behavior in societal settings. i.e. people don't rape, murder, or steal.

you can't set standards for human behavior with regards to how they will react on a personal level.

Raping and murdering isn't personal?

not sure I'm understanding this. Are you saying that the rape victim should say 'oh look, i was raped and now i'm pregnant. guess I'll just live and let live?'

Why not make lemonade out of lemons? Yes, the tragedy would be horrible, and emotionally difficult. But if you turned a tragedy and horrible experience into a blessing for another, isn't that what the liberals believe in? Helping and sacrificing for others, and doing good for others? Why not sacrifice a short 9 months of your life, to bring joy to another's, who wants to raise a child, but cannot biologically have one? Believe me, carrying a child for 9 months is NOT all that hard. Yes, sometimes it is, but it goes by so fast.

Forum List

Back