Rape-Conceived Woman Speaks Out Against Abortion

Originally posted by fuzzykitten99
and I thought murdering another human was a crime? now it's called abortion.

Then I guess murdering by philosophy of those in support of abortion (which isn't me) would not be personal.

Good to know we are all worthless slime in the eyes of fellow humans.

and I thought murdering another human was a crime? now it's called abortion.

what I find interesting is the argument that babies don't matter because they may not be able to survive outside the womb (without drastic medical help) - yet nobody would want to kill coma victims; THEY can't survive without drastic medical help either...

(shrug).

We base our value of life by the length of life, Id est, adults are 'worth more' than children (which is shown in FORCING people to buy cars/trucks with airbags, when airbags have killed children)...

Originally posted by -=d=-
So the child isn't a victim in this? Your whole 'if it doesn't hurt ME, who am I to say they shouldn't do it' philosphy is a quick way to lead a society to distruction.

If a person is raped, i'm hurt. If a person is killed, i'm hurt. If a person is robbed, i'm hurt. Thats because that crime hurts society. The society is in danger from the perpetrator.

Do we blame a rape victim for falling into depression because of being raped? Should we blame the victim for dying because they were shot?

your philosophy statement just doesn't apply in this argument.

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
If a person is raped, i'm hurt. If a person is killed, i'm hurt. If a person is robbed, i'm hurt. Thats because that crime hurts society. The society is in danger from the perpetrator.

Do we blame a rape victim for falling into depression because of being raped? Should we blame the victim for dying because they were shot?

Of COURSE It does - We blame a victim of rape for killing her baby - yes. You are saying 'Well, it's THEIR RIGHT to kill their baby because of the trauma involved. It's not MY Place to tell them blah blah blah"

Why not make lemonade out of lemons? Yes, the tragedy would be horrible, and emotionally difficult. But if you turned a tragedy and horrible experience into a blessing for another, isn't that what the liberals believe in? Helping and sacrificing for others, and doing good for others? Why not sacrifice a short 9 months of your life, to bring joy to another's, who wants to raise a child, but cannot biologically have one? Believe me, carrying a child for 9 months is NOT all that hard. Yes, sometimes it is, but it goes by so fast.

Thats all a very sweet, nice, and pleasant outlook on life.........unless you happen to be the victim.

Of COURSE It does - We blame a victim of rape for killing her baby - yes. You are saying 'Well, it's THEIR RIGHT to kill their baby because of the trauma involved. It's not MY Place to tell them blah blah blah"

lets blame the victim of rape for being raped as well then. we'll go back to the useless 'its your fault' methodology of the right.

Thats all a very sweet, nice, and pleasant outlook on life.........unless you happen to be the victim.

oh, i see. so you are saying that they have no ability to put a negative into a positive, by being selfless, and not taking their hurt and anger out on the child, who had no choice in it's conception? I thought you liberals always fought for the little guy...but apparently not as little as an unborn child, who in your eyes, does not matter to the world.

lets blame the victim of rape for being raped as well then. we'll go back to the useless 'its your fault' methodology of the right.

wha??? you aren't making sense now.

Here's what you are saying:

"Hi! I think it's not MY place to hold people accountable for killing their babies because of the circumstances surrounding the pregnancy - who am I to say they are doing the wrong thing? Live and let live"

Here's what I'm saying:

"People can't fix ONE bad problem (a rape) by murdering the offspring of the rape."

Now you are talking about god-knows-what, and sensationalizing. Your hopes of achieving 'Conservativism' are fading brother...hold on. :D

oh, i see. so you are saying that they have no ability to put a negative into a positive, by being selfless, and not taking their hurt and anger out on the child, who had no choice in it's conception? I thought you liberals always fought for the little guy...but apparently not as little as an unborn child, who in your eyes, does not matter to the world.

your inability to understand human emotion is evident. This is the flaw in the republican or conservative viewpoint of things. You refuse to acknowledge that people behave differently in all sorts of things. You have this 'utopian' view that we should all be the same, react the same, behave the same, talk the same, live the same, and think the same. This is illogical in the real world. This is where your inability to live in reality shows brightly.

As to your response, I have the ability to put a negative into a positive, but not in all things just as you don't. Nobody, and I mean nobody, can put everything negative into a positive. It's a human impossibility.

DK......If you are hurt when another is the victim, that DOES make these crimes of murder and rape personal, and therefore justify the said law in previous discussion.

wha??? you aren't making sense now.

Here's what you are saying:

"Hi! I think it's not MY place to hold people accountable for killing their babies because of the circumstances surrounding the pregnancy - who am I to say they are doing the wrong thing? Live and let live"

interesting how you achieved that out of something I didn't say. But here goes, yet again, I'm saying that to force people to deal with the consequences of actions that were not perpetrated by them, but forced upon them by an emotionally and physically traumatic event like rape, and then expect them to deal with the aftermath wholly and soundly is ludicrous. Its an expectation that cannot be accomplished by everyone, no matter how much you, or anyone else, tries to make it a positive (as if rape is positive)

Here's what I'm saying:

"People can't fix ONE bad problem (a rape) by murdering the offspring of the rape."

and translation of this is 'we could care less if carrying the product of your rape for 9 months drives you completely insane and breaks you down. Let someone else adopt it then be on your merry little mental breakdown.'

Originally posted by NewGuy
DK......If you are hurt when another is the victim, that DOES make these crimes of murder and rape personal, and therefore justify the said law in previous discussion.

:wtf:

are YOU hurt if your neighbor is raped?

are YOU hurt if the old couple down the street is robbed?

Your hopes of achieving 'Conservativism' are fading brother...hold on. :D

here's where you err, my brother.

while I do hold to some conservative beliefs, i.e. my weapons, war on terror, national security, and stuff and junk......I have liberal beliefs as well, which for some odd reason some people on here still have a hard time believing I'm an independent, and one of those liberal beliefs is that people ARE allowed to feel, use emotions, and use those in how they deal with everyday life. Not the robotic automoton machinations that conservatives think is necessary for a correct and functional society.

:wtf:

are YOU hurt if your neighbor is raped?

are YOU hurt if the old couple down the street is robbed?

Originally posted by DKSuddeth:

your inability to understand human emotion is evident. This is the flaw in the republican or conservative viewpoint of things. You refuse to acknowledge that people behave differently in all sorts of things. You have this 'utopian' view that we should all be the same, react the same, behave the same, talk the same, live the same, and think the same. This is illogical in the real world. This is where your inability to live in reality shows brightly.

As to your response, I have the ability to put a negative into a positive, but not in all things just as you don't. Nobody, and I mean nobody, can put everything negative into a positive. It's a human impossibility.

You know, all you do is throw personal insulte like "your inability to understand human emotion" is so arrogant it's not even worth my time. I AM HUMAN YOU ARROGANT JERK! I KNOW WHAT EMOTIONS ARE! You seem to think I am an unfeeling gimp! There are OTHER OPTIONS other than just taking the easy way out.

I didn't know my dad was not my real dad up until 2 years ago. How do you think I felt about that, HUH? My grandma who raised me died when I was 15 from leukemia, causing me to move in with my dad, because my mom was sick with breast cancer. I had to move away from the only friends I had.

And here's a little tidbit I thought you may want to know...I WAS RAPED AT 14. I did get pregnant, and planned to carry the child to full term and do an open adoption until I was old enough to support the child myself, but i ended up miscarrying in my 8th week.

There. It's out. I don't like to talk about or even mention it because it was hard enough to get over it, and move on with my life. The loss of my true first child was so hard because I wanted so bad to turn the huge negative in my life into a positive one.

You think you are the only one who knows how human emotions. You are SO wrong. I have been there. Don't talk to me about my inability to know about human emotions-you don't know me.

interesting how you achieved that out of something I didn't say. But here goes, yet again, I'm saying that to force people to deal with the consequences of actions that were not perpetrated by them, but forced upon them by an emotionally and physically traumatic event like rape, and then expect them to deal with the aftermath wholly and soundly is ludicrous. Its an expectation that cannot be accomplished by everyone, no matter how much you, or anyone else, tries to make it a positive (as if rape is positive)

and translation of this is 'we could care less if carrying the product of your rape for 9 months drives you completely insane and breaks you down. Let someone else adopt it then be on your merry little mental breakdown.'

You just said how people change how they feel, yet now have doomed rape victims to 9 months of agony. What about the agony knowing they killed an innocent? What about Counseling, and Support to help the woman to understand that killing the baby WON'T Fix anything; only lead to more pain?

Which is it - do people change how they feel, or don't they? Because you are afraid 'some' women may have a hard time, they should be allowed a temporary 'fix', and have their babies killed. One thing you are forgetting - even as the baby is the 'father's kid' it's HALF her, too.

If you don't know how you would feel, or how your wife or daughter would feel, then how can you say that her opinion and feelings are childish?

you were talking about if the child were carried to term and it assumed the child would not be put up for adoption. you asked one question, yet you are looking for an answer to an entirely different question.

she said the child inside her, to her, would be a "thing". I say that is childish because she is blaming the fetus for what somebody else did. The fetus (child) did nothing to her but is an innocent victim as well. Especially if the mother of the fetus only views the fetus as a "thing".

Forum List

Back