Rape-Conceived Woman Speaks Out Against Abortion

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
was there supposed to be an answer in there?

You said these crimes werent personal, and I said they were.

You then said the crimes affected you, when you werent the victim.

I then said that these crimes then justify the laws according to standards I previously mentioned.

Those laws were only defended against by you saying the crimes aren't personal.

In other words, you sabotaged your reasoning for moral standards.

Originally posted by fuzzykitten99
You know, all you do is throw personal insulte like "your inability to understand human emotion" is so arrogant it's not even worth my time. I AM HUMAN YOU ARROGANT JERK! I KNOW WHAT EMOTIONS ARE! You seem to think I am an unfeeling gimp! There are OTHER OPTIONS other than just taking the easy way out.

I didn't know my dad was not my real dad up until 2 years ago. How do you think I felt about that, HUH? My grandma who raised me died when I was 15 from leukemia, causing me to move in with my dad, because my mom was sick with breast cancer. I had to move away from the only friends I had.

And here's a little tidbit I thought you may want to know...I WAS RAPED AT 14. I did get pregnant, and planned to carry the child to full term and do an open adoption until I was old enough to support the child myself, but i ended up miscarrying in my 8th week.

There. It's out. I don't like to talk about or even mention it because it was hard enough to get over it, and move on with my life. The loss of my true first child was so hard because I wanted so bad to turn the huge negative in my life into a positive one.

You think you are the only one who knows how human emotions. You are SO wrong. I have been there. Don't talk to me about my inability to know about human emotions-you don't know me.

I completely respect you and your decision!! That was really brave of you.

You know, all you do is throw personal insulte like "your inability to understand human emotion" is so arrogant it's not even worth my time. I AM HUMAN YOU ARROGANT JERK! I KNOW WHAT EMOTIONS ARE! You seem to think I am an unfeeling gimp! There are OTHER OPTIONS other than just taking the easy way out.

but why do you insist on everyone feeling and doing the same as you do?

And here's a little tidbit I thought you may want to know...I WAS RAPED AT 14. I did get pregnant, and planned to carry the child to full term and do an open adoption until I was old enough to support the child myself, but i ended up miscarrying in my 8th week.

There. It's out. I don't like to talk about or even mention it because it was hard enough to get over it, and move on with my life. The loss of my true first child was so hard because I wanted so bad to turn the huge negative in my life into a positive one.

I applaud your strength at such a young age. I also send my sympathies to you for your loss (no, this is not sarcasm. I'm being serious). I sincerely hope that this is yet one more step in the healing process for you.

You think you are the only one who knows how human emotions. You are SO wrong. I have been there. Don't talk to me about my inability to know about human emotions-you don't know me.

correct, I don't know you, nor do you know all of the people in all of the country that have had to deal with the situation you have dealt with. Knowing that, how can you arbitrarily expect everyone in that situation to react and decide just like you did?

Originally posted by -=d=-
You just said how people change how they feel, yet now have doomed rape victims to 9 months of agony. What about the agony knowing they killed an innocent? What about Counseling, and Support to help the woman to understand that killing the baby WON'T Fix anything; only lead to more pain?

Which is it - do people change how they feel, or don't they? Because you are afraid 'some' women may have a hard time, they should be allowed a temporary 'fix', and have their babies killed. One thing you are forgetting - even as the baby is the 'father's kid' it's HALF her, too.

I've consistently said that everyone is different. I've also been consistent with saying that what is right for one person to do for themselves is not right for everyone. I'm not the one trying to tell everybody to react the same and be the same.

People change how they feel all the time because of the things that happen to them. Thats human nature. You would have us believe that people don't when its just not true.

I also send my sympathies to you for your loss (no, this is not sarcasm. I'm being serious).

That's just it - if you can recognize that she DID lose something, how can you in the next breath suggest it's okay for women to kill that potential gain (the opposite of loss)?

Originally posted by NewGuy
You said these crimes werent personal, and I said they were.

You then said the crimes affected you, when you werent the victim.

I then said that these crimes then justify the laws according to standards I previously mentioned.

Those laws were only defended against by you saying the crimes aren't personal.

In other words, you sabotaged your reasoning for moral standards.

these crimes affect me in a societal sense. If the woman across the city is raped, I'm not personally affected. I'm affected in the sense that our 'society' is now less safe until this perp is caught.

theres no sabotage in that, only people trying to spin my words for their cause and point.

I applaud your strength at such a young age. I also send my sympathies to you for your loss (no, this is not sarcasm. I'm being serious). I sincerely hope that this is yet one more step in the healing process for you.

sure you do. you have a better ability to know about human emotions because you are a liberal. because i am conservative i have no compassion for other lives (except for innocent children who had no choice in their conception)...yep that's me.

That's just it - if you can recognize that she DID lose something, how can you in the next breath suggest it's okay for women to kill that potential gain (the opposite of loss)?

I recognize that SHE lost something. Another person MAY not feel the same way in her situation. THATS the point nobody seems to want to understand here. Why is that so difficult for you?

People change how they feel all the time because of the things that happen to them. Thats human nature. You would have us believe that people don't when its just not true.

I would have you believe ppl don't change how they feel?? What the hell Duane - my ENTIRE argument is based upon 'how a woman feels upon initially finding out she's pregnant is NOT how she'll likely feel several months down the road. My argument is based upon change.

I recognize that SHE lost something. Another person MAY not feel the same way in her situation. THATS the point nobody seems to want to understand here. Why is that so difficult for you?

wha? Either an unborn baby HAS value or they DON'T. You'd assign the value of the life inside a woman based on how that woman happens to feel at any particular time. You can't have it both ways.

sure you do. you have a better ability to know about human emotions because you are a liberal. because i am conservative i have no compassion for other lives (except for innocent children who had no choice in their conception)...yep that's me.

I said I was serious. Whether you choose to believe me or not is your issue, not mine.

I don't belive that my being a 'liberal' allows me to understand human emotions better than a conservative, but the fact that I'm a molestation survivor certainly does qualify me in that respect.

Until you can understand that what works and may be right for one person is not going to necessarily be right and workable for others, you won't understand the depth of people being different.

these crimes affect me in a societal sense. If the woman across the city is raped, I'm not personally affected. I'm affected in the sense that our 'society' is now less safe until this perp is caught.

theres no sabotage in that, only people trying to spin my words for their cause and point.

Spinning would be to take them out of context.

I will repost the quotes in their entirety if you like.

I don't really see a need as I think it is clear, though, where things are at this point.

I would have you believe ppl don't change how they feel?? What the hell Duane - my ENTIRE argument is based upon 'how a woman feels upon initially finding out she's pregnant is NOT how she'll likely feel several months down the road. My argument is based upon change.

d, it has been your argument that, although initially, a woman may be traumatized by the rape, that several months down the road she can change her feelings. My question to you is do you acknowledge that those feelings may worsen?

Until you can understand that what works and may be right for one person is not going to necessarily be right and workable for others, you won't understand the depth of people being different.

here again, you become arrogant and assuming. you keep saying i don't have a clue on how human emotion works. wow. you must the the GURU of human emotion...if this is the case, why are you posting here? why don't you get your own talk show or something?

You sound like you know better than someone who has experience firsthand.

wha? Either an unborn baby HAS value or they DON'T. You'd assign the value of the life inside a woman based on how that woman happens to feel at any particular time. You can't have it both ways.

I'm not the one doing the assigning of value. You and I are not the rape victims. You and I are not the ones who will have to live every waking moment reminded of a horrific crime. You and I are not the ones that will have to live, or die, with the emotional trauma.

d, it has been your argument that, although initially, a woman may be traumatized by the rape, that several months down the road she can change her feelings. My question to you is do you acknowledge that those feelings may worsen?

So are you withdrawing your comment that my argument is 'people don't change'?

Of course it could worsen - But your acceptance of aborting the baby as a 'cure' for depression creeps me out a little bit. Using Abortion as a treatment to help a woman thru a traumatic time makes NO sense; especially considering aborting the baby may bring not-just-short-term issues, but LIFE LONG regrets. People can often deal with problems in their lives from which they have no control (Getting raped), however, it can be FAR more destructive when we come to terms with a wrong we had ABSOLUTE control of (whether to kill the baby or not).

If you were as interested in the welfare of the mother as you claim, you'd acknowledge 'other' means for helping women thru situations like rape-induced pregnancy.

here again, you become arrogant and assuming. you keep saying i don't have a clue on how human emotion works. wow. you must the the GURU of human emotion...if this is the case, why are you posting here? why don't you get your own talk show or something?

You sound like you know better than someone who has experience firsthand.

just when you started to show that you had a clue about people being different, you blow it all away with this crap.

I'm not the one doing the assigning of value. You and I are not the rape victims. You and I are not the ones who will have to live every waking moment reminded of a horrific crime. You and I are not the ones that will have to live, or die, with the emotional trauma.

I recognize that SHE lost something. Another person MAY not feel the same way in her situation.

DUANE assigned value to her unborn baby; if duane didn't feel there was value to that life, he'd know condolences weren't neccessary. Yet Duane goes on to say 'I'm not one to assign value to a woman's baby - that's up to the mother to do; I only offered condolences because SHE felt she lost something. For me? I couldn't give two rat's asses about the baby, because, going back, it's not MY place to assign any WORTH to the baby.

wow. That's twisted...hard to find a lot of logic there, brother.

So we are going to start judging society based on how we feel instead of by having a set of morals and laws that guide us?

Do you realize what you just said in the above statement? So if one person does not view murder as murder, is it murder? I guess that depends on what your definition of is is.

Forum List

Back