Rape-Conceived Woman Speaks Out Against Abortion

Originally posted by -=d=-
So are you withdrawing your comment that my argument is 'people don't change'?

If thats what you are stating, that people change, then yes, i'll withdraw it.

[qoute]Of course it could worsen - But your acceptance of aborting the baby as a 'cure' for depression creeps me out a little bit. Using Abortion as a treatment to help a woman thru a traumatic time makes NO sense; especially considering aborting the baby may bring not-just-short-term issues, but LIFE LONG regrets. People can often deal with problems in their lives from which they have no control (Getting raped), however, it can be FAR more destructive when we come to terms with a wrong we had ABSOLUTE control of (whether to kill the baby or not). [/quote]

and we could also end up dealing with a pregnant woman taking her own life, along with that of the baby that someone talked her into trying to keep, because she couldn't deal with the emotional aftermath of the crime. Again, its an individual, case by case, basis.

If you were as interested in the welfare of the mother as you claim, you'd acknowledge 'other' means for helping women thru situations like rape-induced pregnancy.

I'm all for other means, except for forcing an individual to deal with what could ultimately be destructive continuation.

Originally posted by -=d=-
DUANE assigned value to her unborn baby; if duane didn't feel there was value to that life, he'd know condolences weren't neccessary. Yet Duane goes on to say 'I'm not one to assign value to a woman's baby - that's up to the mother to do; I only offered condolences because SHE felt she lost something. For me? I couldn't give two rat's asses about the baby, because, going back, it's not MY place to assign any WORTH to the baby.

I assigned value to her feelings and emotions because of HER loss, which she rightly has and deserves. you falsely tell me I assigned value to the unborn child when I wasn't referring to the child.

Originally posted by freeandfun1
So we are going to start judging society based on how we feel instead of by having a set of morals and laws that guide us?

not going to steer this into a religious and moral clarity argument, are we?

Do you realize what you just said in the above statement? So if one person does not view murder as murder, is it murder? I guess that depends on what your definition of is is.

or what your definition of LIFE is.

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
I assigned value to her feelings and emotions because of HER loss, which she rightly has and deserves. you falsely tell me I assigned value to the unborn child when I wasn't referring to the child.

Right - so I was accurate in saying 'Duane assigns no value to unborn babies'.

So what if the woman that got rapped just didn't want to have a baby. Say she was in college, and being pregnant would screw up all her hard work and plans for the future, her whole life, everything she was working for?

Are people saying she should be FORCED to carry a baby that was FORCED ON HER?

Although I am against abortion, I think in the case of RAPE, the woman should have a choice.

Some women just "don't want to have a baby", under ANY circumstances.

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
wrong. unless you are saying you assign no value to raped and pregnant women.

I assign MORE value to an unborn baby than a mother's 'right' to choose to kill the baby. By standing up against 'right to abort if she was raped' I am declaring I care MORE for the Mother than perhaps she does herself. Allowing a woman to abort that baby is NOT showing her you care about her - it's showing you 'don't' care about the life inside her.

Forum List

Back