Rangel's Tragic End

Al I will add to this is that that fuckstick Grayson got booted by popular demand. Bully for Florida...and kudos for Floridian Voters.

But leave it to the Statist to call criminals "American heroes" :lol: ;)

Personally? I'm laughing my ass off. :cool:

So now an American Hero..is no longer a hero because of Tax accounting mistakes..

And I'm the "Statist"..

The Irony is bursting the boxes of this post...:lol::lol::lol:
According to some folks, not paying taxes is unpatriotic.

Now that's gonna leave a mark. :lol:

Shame on Swallow for not doing his homework...

You're whining about how he's being treated, and you post his wartime resume along with your plaintive "This is the man you guys want to expell" bit, so yeah, it's pretty obvious you want to let him slide on the ethics charges.

Personally, I'd like to see all of the crooks expelled. Rangel's case should be pursued by the DoJ, but I won't hold my breath on that one.

Not "whining" about anything.

Charlie Rangel lost his chairmanship of the ways and means committee. His name has been drug through the mud and he's facing censure.

This is extraordinary..in that it's never happened to any other congressperson before.

He hasn't been charged with anything.

So in many ways..this is a first.

I am surprised more people aren't surprised about this.

By no fault of his own...right? YOU act as if this is expected behaviour of electeds and is to be excused? Good GOD man? Your morals and standards must really be in the mud...

Not at all.

Taxes are very complicated..especially if you actually own stuff. I can't figure out. I give my taxes to H&R block to get done. I have stocks..a co-op, crap..it's seriously complicated.

Rangel gave his taxes to an accountant..who probably tried all sorts of tricks..and Rangel got a check.

Did he do wrong? Well he should have been paying attention. So sure.

I think it was appropriate for him to step down from Ways and Means..but until he was charged..congress jumped the gun.

You're whining about how he's being treated, and you post his wartime resume along with your plaintive "This is the man you guys want to expell" bit, so yeah, it's pretty obvious you want to let him slide on the ethics charges.

Personally, I'd like to see all of the crooks expelled. Rangel's case should be pursued by the DoJ, but I won't hold my breath on that one.

Charlie Rangel lost his chairmanship of the ways and means committee. His name has been drug through the mud and he's facing censure.

This is extraordinary..in that it's never happened to any other congressperson before.

He was stripped of a chairmanship he was going to lose anyway? How traumatic that must be for him.

Like I said, he should be charged. If he's not, I hope you take that up with Eric Holder.

Both Holder and Sallow determine if a crime has been committed by looking at the voter registration of the person charged.

Al I will add to this is that that fuckstick Grayson got booted by popular demand. Bully for Florida...and kudos for Floridian Voters.

But leave it to the Statist to call criminals "American heroes" :lol: ;)

Personally? I'm laughing my ass off. :cool:

So now an American Hero..is no longer a hero because of Tax accounting mistakes..

And I'm the "Statist"..

The Irony is bursting the boxes of this post...:lol::lol::lol:
According to some folks, not paying taxes is unpatriotic.

Yep. I think so.

Did Rangel get charged with not paying taxes?

Which court?

And what does the IRS generally do in these cases?

Eh?

:lol:

By no fault of his own...right? YOU act as if this is expected behaviour of electeds and is to be excused? Good GOD man? Your morals and standards must really be in the mud...

Not at all.

Taxes are very complicated..especially if you actually own stuff. I can't figure out. I give my taxes to H&R block to get done. I have stocks..a co-op, crap..it's seriously complicated.

Rangel gave his taxes to an accountant..who probably tried all sorts of tricks..and Rangel got a check.

Did he do wrong? Well he should have been paying attention. So sure.

I think it was appropriate for him to step down from Ways and Means..but until he was charged..congress jumped the gun.

And to think the FORMER chairman of WAYS AND MEANS forgot these things? :lol:

Dig that hole 'B' :lol::lol::cuckoo:

Rangel & Waters will get their slap on the wrist and that will be that. It really is the Democrats' last FUCK YOU to America before they get booted in January. I still can't believe so many fell for that "Draining the Swamp" shit. I think it's Term Limit time too. Never ever trust career Politicians.

It'll be interesting to see how he spins it. Even money says he'll call me a racist. :lol:

Um.

You point out which post on these boards where I called another poster a "racist".

In fact..I think I've posted that racism is fine..long as you keep it to yourself..and not try to curtail other people's rights.

He was stripped of a chairmanship he was going to lose anyway? How traumatic that must be for him.

Like I said, he should be charged. If he's not, I hope you take that up with Eric Holder.

Both Holder and Sallow determine if a crime has been committed by looking at the voter registration of the person charged.

And using his logic of the Lifetime War Hero exemption from any future crimes, Duke Cunningham should never have been tried and thrown in jail. I'm sure Sallow's all upset about him, too.

And using his logic of the Lifetime War Hero exemption from any future crimes, Duke Cunningham should never have been tried and thrown in jail. I'm sure Sallow's all upset about him, too.

Which post was that?

Did you want to see Newt in Jail? How about Tom Delay?

Hey lets go up the food chain. George W. Bush committed a major crime in the Harken stock deal. You want him in the pokey too? He made much more cash then Rangel did on the deal.

Just wondering if this sense of justice is bi-partisan.

And you do know that most of the time the IRS just fines you for this sort of stuff. Right?

You want that to change? Or just in Rangel's case.

what about tom delay?

It'll be interesting to see how he spins it. Even money says he'll call me a racist. :lol:

Um.

You point out which post on these boards where I called another poster a "racist".

In fact..I think I've posted that racism is fine..long as you keep it to yourself..and not try to curtail other people's rights.

Who me? :lol:

This is getting funnier by the post! :lol:

Um.

Okay, I retract and apologize. :beer:

Now, how about Rangel's unpatriotism?

Which post was that?

Short term memory?

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/142879-rangels-tragic-end-post2997455.html#post2997455

Did you want to see Newt in Jail? How about Tom Delay?

Hey lets go up the food chain. George W. Bush committed a major crime in the Harken stock deal. You want him in the pokey too? He made much more cash then Rangel did on the deal.

Just wondering if this sense of justice is bi-partisan.

And you do know that most of the time the IRS just fines you for this sort of stuff. Right?

You want that to change? Or just in Rangel's case.

what about tom delay?

Erm..

GOP Pushes Rule Change to Protect DeLay's Post (washingtonpost.com)

That's different. Somehow. It just is.

Which post was that?

Short term memory?

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/142879-rangels-tragic-end-post2997455.html#post2997455

And at what point in that post do I call for a "life time" exemption?

Seriously folks..read these things.

Last edited:
As much as I loathe Rangel's ethics and record in the House, I do feel sorry for him. An octogenarian war vet sobbing on the floor of the House as he is censured is tragic in the classic sense. He self-inflicted this pain. It's shameful that nobody close to him was able to convince him to resign and end his career with a few shreds of remaining dignity.

Charlie Rangel's tragic last act: On the road to censure, he's cheapening his legacy

:lol: You're such a fake ass. You're probably upset that he isn resigning.

Forum List

Back