Rand Paul Rips an Eco-Nanny a New One

False. I always have the right and the choice, in this country, to protest unjust laws as loudly and as proudly as I want to.

That's the choice I have. There is a choice.

I happen to disagree that Laws based on the preservation of the environment are "sticking noses where they don't belong." Simple, as, that.

Protest all you want----you will be fined and/or jailed if you act on certain choices.

So we either all agree on all laws, agree that there are laws we disagree on and move on....or what? Laws then equal slavery? I don't think so.

Laws restrict freedom. You want laws that restrict my freedom to choose based on YOUR values.

Protesting your loss of choices doesn't restore them as a matter of course.

And your *opinion* as to what allegedly protects or destroys the environment is irrelevant, tovarich.

Try again.

and promoting a lawless society is ignorant. oddball. dude. jeff bridges fan fuckboy. names are kewl.
Well, you get an "A" for strawman building today, if nothing else. :lol::lol::lol:

Protest all you want----you will be fined and/or jailed if you act on certain choices.

So we either all agree on all laws, agree that there are laws we disagree on and move on....or what? Laws then equal slavery? I don't think so.

Laws restrict freedom. You want laws that restrict my freedom to choose based on YOUR values.

That's ALL laws. Everyone doesn't share the same values. That's the crux of living together, as a society.

Man, was DeTocqueville ever prescient!

You're displaying exactly the same kind of totalitarian mindset that he warned about more than 200 years ago.

Good job, tovarich.

It's totalitarian to claim ownership of a planet that was there before you and will be there after you. You didn't build the planet, you don't have the right to speed up its tear down either.

You are wasting resources better used by others.
Get off the net, go sit in the shade, and die.

Man, was DeTocqueville ever prescient!

You're displaying exactly the same kind of totalitarian mindset that he warned about more than 200 years ago.

Good job, tovarich.

It's totalitarian to claim ownership of a planet that was there before you and will be there after you. You didn't build the planet, you don't have the right to speed up its tear down either.

You are wasting resources better used by others.
Get off the net, go sit in the shade, and die.

yea ditto :cool:

You're an idiot to assume the paragraph is necessarily true simply because you see people agreeing with Government acts.....but then..........you'd have to totally ignore every time that they disagree which blows the tripe pretty clean out of the water.

There's this other stuff in life for thinking people: it's called gray area.

You might be able to think gray. Can you act gray ?
Some choices are clearly black or white. You do or you don't.
Pretending that the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing is irrational.

And clearly to me, I make my choices based on what I think, not on how others tell me to think.

"What you think"? Let's take a look at high population areas that do not have access to "resources" (building materials, electricity, plumbing, etc). Do you believe the pollution in those areas is less? Do you believe those areas are a healthier place to live (it is obvious you don't or you would be there)? If this country shut down the power plants, millions would die within a year do to the pollution of human waste with no practical disposal (or recycling if you prefer) methods available. There would be no clean water in any major city (the cities upstream would float their waste downstream). Food would spoil. There would be no frozen food. There would be no fast food. There would be very little food (farmers use electricity and oil to harvest and store food).

I think it is wonderful that you care so much about the planet. Please stop lecturing us (running your mouth) and put your energy into improving just one system, one source of energy, etc. Most of us are trying the best we can to survive while making this country, our community, and our planet a better place for our children. You don't see many people applying to disregard environmental regulations or have them voided.

You do see people that are trying to void bureaucracies that pollute just for their existence: they provide no service, no product, yet waste billions and billions of trees used for paper to print things that are "required" reading, yet changes nothing. Seriously, we, conservatives do not have time to listen to all your touchy, feely expressions of Gaia (earth mother) love. We are trying to accomplish life. Either lead, follow or get the hell out of the way.

Pretending that the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing is irrational.

And clearly to me, I make my choices based on what I think, not on how others tell me to think.

"What you think"? Let's take a look at high population areas that do not have access to "resources" (building materials, electricity, plumbing, etc). Do you believe the pollution in those areas is less? Do you believe those areas are a healthier place to live (it is obvious you don't or you would be there)? If this country shut down the power plants, millions would die within a year do to the pollution of human waste with no practical disposal (or recycling if you prefer) methods available. There would be no clean water in any major city (the cities upstream would float their waste downstream). Food would spoil. There would be no frozen food. There would be no fast food. There would be very little food (farmers use electricity and oil to harvest and store food).

I think it is wonderful that you care so much about the planet. Please stop lecturing us (running your mouth) and put your energy into improving just one system, one source of energy, etc. Most of us are trying the best we can to survive while making this country, our community, and our planet a better place for our children. You don't see many people applying to disregard environmental regulations or have them voided.

You do see people that are trying to void bureaucracies that pollute just for their existence: they provide no service, no product, yet waste billions and billions of trees used for paper to print things that are "required" reading, yet changes nothing. Seriously, we, conservatives do not have time to listen to all your touchy, feely expressions of Gaia (earth mother) love. We are trying to accomplish life. Either lead, follow or get the hell out of the way.

WORD! :clap2:

^the epitome of lecturing someone.

The epitome of telling a busybody to mind his own goddamn business....Which is advice you'd be best advised to take.

Light bulbs that produce so much less light that people add more lamps… Toilets that don’t flush correctly so you flush 2-3 times… I mean, this is not rocket science for a topic.

It is for the authoritarian nanny state do-gooders.

The epitome of telling a busybody to mind his own goddamn business....Which is advice you'd be best advised to take.

I don't need some old angry assed partisan who peruses message-boards to shout his disturbed bullshit, daily, to tell me how to behave. Spanks, slappy.

Conservation is for pussies

If you got the $$$$....Use as MUCH as you like

That's why no society on earth is based on Libertarianism

Libertarianism swears off violence, thats one reason Im not interested.
It swears of proactive uses of force and violence....Not defensive action.

One reason you should be interested.

His point is that it's none of anyone's business if his choices pollute, it says so in the opening paragraph. I'm not arguing that the replacements can and have been retarded, I'm arguing that YES, it is EVERYone's business when people engage in poor choices for our (Humanity's) home planet.

Here is the real answer... and plz try and follow it.

Rand Paul is a Republican/Conservative so you can't won't and do not agree with him. You will directly miss quote or partially quote him as to prove why you don't agree with him.

That's the end of the story. Go on polluting today sir as I know you will =D

I didn't misquote him.

You misquote by not quoting correctly or quoting in tiny bits taken out of any context that matters, it's discussing to try and debate with someone working on that level.

You support a program that has no net benefit when it comes to making "less pollution" because it allows you a moral higher ground. In so you attack someone who points out the direct waste of that program and that if "better" is to happen we can't keep investing in a failed policy.

YOU are part of the problem as you are clearly not wanting to be part of the solution. You believe you are better than while you pollute and consume on the same level of the people you condemn. While "your way" fails you are busy attacking any other way of doing things, it gets old, real fucking old.

Here is the real answer... and plz try and follow it.

Rand Paul is a Republican/Conservative so you can't won't and do not agree with him. You will directly miss quote or partially quote him as to prove why you don't agree with him.

That's the end of the story. Go on polluting today sir as I know you will =D

I didn't misquote him.

You misquote by not quoting correctly or quoting in tiny bits taken out of any context that matters, it's discussing to try and debate with someone working on that level.

You support a program that has no net benefit when it comes to making "less pollution" because it allows you a moral higher ground. In so you attack someone who points out the direct waste of that program and that if "better" is to happen we can't keep investing in a failed policy.

YOU are part of the problem as you are clearly not wanting to be part of the solution. You believe you are better than while you pollute and consume on the same level of the people you condemn. While "your way" fails you are busy attacking any other way of doing things, it gets old, real fucking old.

You're saying that, in other words......if the program was beneficial you'd support such laws?

That sounds like what you're saying to me.

Rand isn't saying that. He's saying stay out of my house and let me choose for myself, while ALSO saying the program doesn't even work.

Forum List

Back