Rand Paul Rips an Eco-Nanny a New One

Protesting your loss of choices doesn't restore them as a matter of course.

And your *opinion* as to what allegedly protects or destroys the environment is irrelevant, tovarich.

Try again.

and promoting a lawless society is ignorant. oddball. dude. jeff bridges fan fuckboy. names are kewl.

How is allowing a person to buy an incandescent light bulb or a toilet that actually flushes promoting lawlessness?

I'm still a bit shocked the Government wants to force Citizens to buy their preferred Mercury-filled Light Bulbs. I'm still not over that one. Why would anyone want their Government to force them to buy anything? Especially products that are proven unsafe. I'm pretty sure if you dig deeper,you'll find GE behind the Light Bulb fiasco. They're vey cozy with this White House. Anyway,WTG Rand! Go get em! :)

I've got the money...
I can use as many resources as I please

Damn Libruls....mind your own business

You mean as many as I can PAY for. If I want to use a light bulb that costs a penny a day more to run than a CFL I will PAY for that extra electricity and the fucking government will tax that extra penny.

No one is getting anything free here.

Maybe what you really want is the fucking government to confiscate all resources and parse them out to us.

Yea....I'm with you

I miss the LP records, VCRs, Beer in steel cans, Rabbit ears on TVs..

But things keep changing whether I like it or not

And what happens when you throw out these new Mercury-filled Light Bulbs? Well,they go to landfills where they will all be smashed. That's a whole lot of Mercury being released into the environment no? And God forbid you should break one in your Home. I'm pretty sure GE has to be behind this one. A whole lot of cash must be at stake for them. Governments shouldn't be forcing anyone to buy a particular product. It really is Un-American.

I've got the money...

You mean as many as I can PAY for. If I want to use a light bulb that costs a penny a day more to run than a CFL I will PAY for that extra electricity and the fucking government will tax that extra penny.

Maybe what you really want is the fucking government to confiscate all resources and parse them out to us.

Yea....I'm with you

But the government didn't make vinyl records illegal did it?

The government didn't ban steel cans did it?

The government didn't ban rabbit ears did it?

You will not get fined or incarcerated if you open a plant to make button hooks but you will never be allowed to open a plant to make incandescent light bulbs.

The government making a product illegal and a product becoming obsolete because a better product was produced are not quite the same thing.

There is no way you will ever get me to agree that the light from a CFL is of better quality than the light from an old incandescent bulb.

Yea....I'm with you

You will not get fined or incarcerated if you open a plant to make button hooks but you will never be allowed to open a plant to make incandescent light bulbs.

The government making a product illegal and a product becoming obsolete because a better product was produced are not quite the same thing.

There is no way you will ever get me to agree that the light from a CFL is of better quality than the light from an old incandescent bulb.

Yea....lifes a bitch sometimes

Evil Gubmint forcing you to buy a bulb that uses 9 watts vs 75 watts and a toilet that uses 1.5 gallons a flush instead of 3 gallons

Sons a bitches and I still miss my steel beer cans

I just don't understand how so many Americans have become loyal Government Goose Steppers. You wanna buy a Mercury-filled Light Bulb for your Home,than so be it. But the Government has no right to force Citizens to buy a particular product. This Light Bulb thing is as Un-American as it gets. I can't believe so many just go along with anything the Government imposes. Also,Mercury-filled Light Bulbs are probably worse for the Environment. This stuff is just wrong. More people need to start standing up.

Yea....I'm with you

Evil Gubmint forcing you to buy a bulb that uses 9 watts vs 75 watts and a toilet that uses 1.5 gallons a flush instead of 3 gallons

You just don't get it do you?

So what if i want to use and pay for an incandescent bulb? It's my money I can spend it the way i want. So what if I want to use a 3 gallon per flush toilet? Water is a renewable resource you know. When I flush my toilet the water flows into a septic tank then it travels out of the tank into a leach field where the water is reincorporated into the environment and since I have my vegetable garden planted over the leach field that flushed water also feeds my plants. So what does it matter if my toilet used 1 gallon or 3 gallons to flush?

Would you want the government to force everyone to buy a Chevy volt because it uses no gasoline?

if it's the government's job to save consumers money then maybe we should establish a new government agency that generates a weekly grocery list for everyone and then force them to buy what's on that list under threat of incarceration or fines.

Yea....I'm with you

It's the principle RW, look at the big picture.

If government passed a law saying you had to be 50 years old to buy a Snickers bar it wouldn't really affect me, but it would hurt the company/local stores/shipping companies/etc.

Putting these restrictions on products hurts businesses even if it only affects the consumer in an often times negligible way.

If government passed a law saying you had to be 50 years old to buy a Snickers bar it wouldn't really affect me, but it would hurt the company/local stores/shipping companies/etc.

Putting these restrictions on products hurts businesses even if it only affects the consumer in an often times negligible way.

Sometimes in life, ya gotta say

"Its no big deal" and suck it up

Conservation works....give it a shot

OK....everybody take a DEEP Breath

Its no big deal

Repeat

ITS NO BIG DEAL

If I'm willing to pay for the light bulbs, toilets and the extra electricity and water they use, it's really none of your business.

Just because you're good with being treated like a child doesn't mean that everyone else has to be.

I've got the money...

Yea....I'm with you

And looky here, GE is developing new energy efficient incandescent bulbs because the EU wants to cut energy costs. So a company goes out and does the hard work to do it. Will they be allowed to compete here?

GE's efficient incandescent bulb to match compact fluorescents | News Blog - CNET News

When one has to flush a low flow john 3 times in order to get the same result from 1 flush what is being conserved?

When one has to run CFLs at 100% out put because they don't work on a dimmer tell me how much is actually being saved?

And you assume ( as usual) that people won't conserve in order to save money unless the government threatens them?

My use of water is much more efficient than most people's even though I have a toilet that uses more per flush. I compost all my organic household waste and even use rain barrels to collect water for my landscaped plants.

I have skylights and Solar tube lights in my house and do not even turn on a light until well after dark. My electric bill is already low so there is no reason I should have to endure the shitty headache inducing light of a CFL if I don't want to.

I want to control what I buy and I do a fine job of economizing and conserving on my own. I don't need the fucking government to tell me what to buy under threat of force.

Trust me I'd love to have the choice to conserve or not, rather than having government force me to choose where and when to conserve.

Sometimes in life you gotta say, "government enough is enough." You should give that a shot.

If I'm willing to pay for the light bulbs, toilets and the extra electricity and water they use, it's really none of your business.

Just because you're good with being treated like a child doesn't mean that everyone else has to be.

God damn it

I'm a LIBERTARIAN

If I want to build a tin shack with an outhouse in the back....Who is the Gubmint to tell me I can't?

God damn it

I'm a LIBERTARIAN

If I want to build a tin shack with an outhouse in the back....Who is the Gubmint to tell me I can't?

Actually a composting toilet uses even less water than the government mandated ones and they only cost about $1200..

Maybe we should force everyone to buy one of those

Nature's Head Composting Toilets - The environmentally sustainable waterless toilet for Your Boat, RV, Cabin, Big Rig, Barn, Workshop, or Yurt!

Forum List

Back