Rand Paul on Ferguson...I agree with him 100%

NoTeaPartyPleez

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2012
I understand and acknowledge that the righties on this board hate reading more than just a headline, but this time put on your big boy and big girl pants and give it a shot.

"...Three out of four people in jail for drugs are people of color. In the African American community, folks rightly ask why are our sons disproportionately incarcerated, killed, and maimed?

African Americans perceive as true that their kids are more likely to be killed.

ProPublica examined 33 years of FBI data on police shootings, accounted for the racial make-up of the country, and determined that: “Young black males in recent years were at a far greater risk of being shot dead by police than their white counterparts – 21 times greater.

Rand Paul: The Politicians Are To Blame in Ferguson
Nov. 25, 2014
The failure of the War on Poverty has created a culture of violence and put police in a nearly impossible situation.

Ferguson Rand Paul Blames Pols in Michael Brown-Darren Wilson Case

I think he is right.....This nightmare is a culmination of the artificial and extremely stupid federal "War on Drugs". LIke I said in another thread, a black trying to buy a bag of weed in Harlem has a far greater chance of arrest and incarceration than a Wall Street banker snorting cocaine on the Upper East Side.

You do not see to many white upper eastiders rapping about snorting cocaine either.

You do not see them flaunting drug use, mist are not dumb enough to drive around in their cars snorting cocaine, driving on suspended licenses, driving with illegal weapons in their car. Driving around a high crime area with any of the above said things will cascade into bad things happening when you get pulled over.

Most do not have prior arrest records where they have gotten of with probation, community service and then a year later get arrested again
And then again and then again.....and then wonder why they are put in jail

Rand Paul blamed the War on Poverty, not the phony War on Drugs.

Thanks for confirming my statement that you idiots just won't read, or else you just have the attention span of a King Charles Spaniel:

"""" The War on Drugs has created a culture of violence and put police in a nearly impossible situation."""

You do not see to many white upper eastiders rapping about snorting cocaine either.

You do not see them flaunting drug use,

And you'll note that their dealers are pretty low key, too.

And it's "Upper East Side", illiterate one.

Next idiot.....

We've had a war on people of color since before we were a country.

There is no other way this could have progressed.

True, before the proliferation of illegal recreational drugs white people just strung them up in trees when they got "uppity".

I think he is right.....This nightmare is a culmination of the artificial and extremely stupid federal "War on Drugs". LIke I said in another thread, a black trying to buy a bag of weed in Harlem has a far greater chance of arrest and incarceration than a Wall Street banker snorting cocaine on the Upper East Side.
If a black guy is guilty he is guilty not because he is black or because society. If blacks don't want to go to prison don't do the crime.

I see the laziness on this board day in and day out of the righties who refuse to go beneath the surface of a story and broaden their understanding of something. They just dumb down and let the PAC political ads on television make their voting choices for them.

I know what I speak of, I've created some of those hit pieces for direct mail campaigns by politicians. And the Republican pols want to keep it very simple, with lots of spin and drama. Obviously works.

Rand Paul is correct and he can attract blacks, Latinos and moderates to the Republican Party

If a black guy is guilty he is guilty not because he is black or because society. If blacks don't want to go to prison don't do the crime.
if only that were true
Innocent man jailed in Texas since 1979 now free 8211 This Just In - CNN.com Blogs

Now watch the righties ignore that this guy who wrote this OpEd is probably going to be their Republican nominee in 2016. They can't handle the message, only attack the messenger. Losers.

You're missing a far more important point:

The failure of the War on Poverty has created a culture of violence and put police in a nearly impossible situation.

The War on Drugs is a byproduct of the War on Poverty.

Sort of like your complete intolerance while calling for tolerance while hating the right and then agreeing with a rightwinger and making a thread about agreeing you disagree with a agreement.

Sounds about right...or left

if only that were true
Innocent man jailed in Texas since 1979 now free 8211 This Just In - CNN.com Blogs
Whites have been wrongly jailed for years also.

if only that were true
Whites have been wrongly jailed for years also.
the award for the first rationalization in this thread goes to...

Forum List

Back