Raising Fat Slobs

I just can't figure it. First they whine about obesity, then do what they can to foster it.

Florida says schools can hold recess inside classrooms

Ever lived in Florida? Recess outside in FL during the warmer months is often deadly. In the Spring and Fall, most elementary schools had recess early in the morning before it got too warm.

Ever sat in a classroom all day with a bunch of sweaty and stinky kids after recess? Not fun!

Pah! A junior high coach caught me cussing. My choices were 50 pushups or a referral. I did the pushups on pavement so hot my palms blistered.

I'd do it again, too.

We go the the beach often and the rolls of fat on young children is common place. Soda after soda is given to them by mom who is larger than a sumo wrestler as she reaches for cheese puffs and a diet coke. I'm betting many of them will die in their 40's....what a shame when we have dietary options like we have today to watch your own children grow to 40 or 60 pounds over weight. Can anyone say child abuse?

so 88 is not upper 80's
and FYI the state of FL is more than just Tampa
I guess you really have some reading comprehension problems

Man we used to have double session football practice in 90 degree weather so I don't think a 30 minute recess for some kids is going to kill them

Weather and temperature averages for Florida, USA

Chose that because it is pretty typical of Florida. Do you want me to show Miami which further proves you to be dead wrong?

After your football practice, did you go back inside and sit in a classroom and try to learn for the rest of the day?

Why can't you just admit you were wrong and let it go?
are you seriously comparing a 2 hour long football practice with a 30 minute outdoor recess?

Kids can go outside safely when the temps are in the 80's

Yes, because you apparently cannot read. Read my last post quoted above.

If you remember, I said that they had to go out for recess early. Then you have to try to get them back on task to learning after they are hot, sweaty, and thirsty. Those are not ideal conditions for learning. Maybe that is why you never learned to read.
Funny I never had any problems in class after an outdoor recess

I guess you think it's better for kids to be either sluggish or all fidgety from sitting on their asses all day

And really how many kids come back from a 30 minute recess all sweaty and stinky? Most kids will just walk around or hang out with their buddies. A few might toss a football around but no one is really out there working up a sweat.

Didn't you have outdoor recess when you were a kid? Everyone I know did.

I guess you will never know until you become a teacher and experience it for yourself.

Didn't you have outdoor recess as a kid?

Did it throw a monkey wrench into your afternoon classes?

Never bothered me or any other kid I went to school with.

Chose that because it is pretty typical of Florida. Do you want me to show Miami which further proves you to be dead wrong?

After your football practice, did you go back inside and sit in a classroom and try to learn for the rest of the day?

are you seriously comparing a 2 hour long football practice with a 30 minute outdoor recess?

If you remember, I said that they had to go out for recess early. Then you have to try to get them back on task to learning after they are hot, sweaty, and thirsty. Those are not ideal conditions for learning. Maybe that is why you never learned to read.

I guess you think it's better for kids to be either sluggish or all fidgety from sitting on their asses all day

And really how many kids come back from a 30 minute recess all sweaty and stinky? Most kids will just walk around or hang out with their buddies. A few might toss a football around but no one is really out there working up a sweat.

I guess you will never know until you become a teacher and experience it for yourself.

Didn't you have outdoor recess as a kid?

Did it throw a monkey wrench into your afternoon classes?

Never bothered me or any other kid I went to school with.

I didn't live in Florida as a kid, so our recess was more concerned with frostbite than heat stroke.

We had a gym, which is something schools down south tend to do without.

My most recent high school here in KY had a gym without air conditioning. Anything past about noon on any day in April until about October and you couldn't use it for student assemblies or graduations because it was so hot in there.

I just can't figure it. First they whine about obesity, then do what they can to foster it.

Ever lived in Florida? Recess outside in FL during the warmer months is often deadly. In the Spring and Fall, most elementary schools had recess early in the morning before it got too warm.

Ever sat in a classroom all day with a bunch of sweaty and stinky kids after recess? Not fun!
School is out in June

and in June the temps in FL average in the mid 70's to upper 80's

Hardly in the danger zone

School is out in June

School in Florida to end in May start in August (at least in my district).

You know, being a complete dick really becomes you!

Tampa FL has an average high of 88.9 degrees in June.

For those of you who are mentally challenged, that is 1/10th of a degree less than 90 degrees. That's hardly "an average mid 70s to upper 80s."

http://www.rssweather.com/climate/Florida/Tampa/

I lived in Florida for 13 years and just walked back in the door from a 5 day trip down there.

Don't be stupid! If you make yourself out to be an ass, I am going to make sure everyone knows it.
so 88 is not upper 80's

Man we used to have double session football practice in 90 degree weather so I don't think a 30 minute recess for some kids is going to kill them

1) School tends to end in May in Florida and start in August (at least in my district and the districts in my area). So not only is the temperature in June irrelevant in the conversation, but August is actual hotter than June on top of that.

2) Most Floridians live in Central (Tampa/Orlando) and South Florida. Tampa is actually a pretty good place to look at to get a good idea of the state as a whole.

Honestly it takes a quick Google search to look this up. The truth is you're ignorant about the state (which is ok because I'm probably ignorant about yours), but the more you speak on the subject-the worse it's making you look.

Last edited:

School is out in June

School is out in June

School in Florida to end in May start in August (at least in my district).

You know, being a complete dick really becomes you!

Tampa FL has an average high of 88.9 degrees in June.

For those of you who are mentally challenged, that is 1/10th of a degree less than 90 degrees. That's hardly "an average mid 70s to upper 80s."

http://www.rssweather.com/climate/Florida/Tampa/

I lived in Florida for 13 years and just walked back in the door from a 5 day trip down there.

Don't be stupid! If you make yourself out to be an ass, I am going to make sure everyone knows it.
so 88 is not upper 80's

1) School tends to end in May in Florida and start in August (at least in my district and the districts in my area). So not only is the temperature in June irrelevant in the conversation, but August is actual hotter than June on top of that.

2) Most Floridians live in Central (Tampa/Orlando) and South Florida. Tampa is actually a pretty good place to look at to get a good idea of the state as a whole.

Honestly it takes a quick Google search to look this up. The truth is you're ignorant about the state (which is ok because I'm probably ignorant about yours), but the more you speak on the subject-the worse it's making you look.

I used the average temps as provided by the weather channel

and if you really live in FL then the heat shouldn't bother you as much tell me do you stay inside 24/7 in August?

We had recess in South Texas when I was a kid and no one died.
And we actually played smear the queer and war ball......aah the good old days.
Back before the pussification of the American male.

I have been in Florida in the hot peak season. Beaches and amusement parks swarm with kids running around.

Heat doesn't seem to slow them down much.

Beaches/theme parks are very different than classrooms-they're full of snowbirds and tourists (and yes some Floridians during the summer months). The difference in we know how to deal with the heat/humidity whereas many tourists don't.

If you go to any theme park in Florida (or any other tourist trap)-you're bound to see a sick/dehydrated person and they're always from the North.

We know the drink plenty of water and prepare ourselves for the heat and humidity. I'd take 105 degrees in Vegas over 95 degrees in Tampa any day of the week.

Being acclimated is the key.
And you're right about the dry heat. Have a couple buddies who live in Vegas and they whined incessantly about the heat when I visited em.
I was like...what heat?

Fat slobs?

They've got a really great role model in Trump. Its really not an accident that he couldn't keep up with the heads of state when they walked 700 yards. He's so fat and lazy, he rode in a golf cart behind. He's a complete embarrassment.
trump-lazy-world-leaders-golf-cart-Ds0.png

hqdefault.jpg

58ac85be2900002100be9faf.jpeg

donald-trump-mcdonalds.0.0.png=s1200x1200

images

tumblr_nxgu00QHEI1rtj8yfo1_500.jpg

landscape-1470669200-trump-food.jpg

images

donald-trump-eats-dominos.jpg

images

2543640e164a46afe11fee7d7043bb7b.jpg

Let me know when Trump passes out when it's 80 degrees out.

Pah! A junior high coach caught me cussing. My choices were 50 pushups or a referral. I did the pushups on pavement so hot my palms blistered.

I'd do it again, too.

A referral?

I'd do it again, too.

A referral?

Yeah, that meant you go see the guy that likes golf, and practices his swing on kid's butts with a paddle.

I'd do it again, too.

A referral?

Yeah, that meant you go see the guy that likes golf, and practices his swing on kid's butts with a paddle.

I was very well acquainted with that guy.....
I think he may have been my Old Man's golf partner since they both seemed to practice their swing on the same day.

I'd do it again, too.

A referral?

I think he may have been my Old Man's golf partner since they both seemed to practice their swing on the same day.

It used to be like that for a lot of kids. Some kids learned how to disconnect the phone. :eusa_whistle:

Nobody wants to hear: "I got a call from the school today" when they get home.

I'd do it again, too.

A referral?

It used to be like that for a lot of kids. Some kids learned how to disconnect the phone. :eusa_whistle:

Nobody wants to hear: "I got a call from the school today" when they get home.

Unfortunately I was at school when they made the call....
And since the Old Man travelled a lot during the NBA season it was always...Wait till your father gets home!!!!
Which of course led to enhanced tension waiting for his return.
And it didnt help when he'd tell ya to go wait in the barn and he'd be out later to deal with you.....then to increase the tension he'd walk out the back door ...fiddle with the BBQ pit then go back inside.
I learned a lot about anticipation as a kid.....

so 88 is not upper 80's

Good grief, this is ridiculous.

Teachers have turned into fucking wimps.

Kids come in from recess, form a line at the classroom water fountain, take their drink, sit down, and commence their work.

If you haven't got the sense or ability to herd a bunch of kids from recess to their desks quickly and efficiently, you shouldn't be a teacher.

There's no time for outside recess, nor funding for it. All the available school time and funding is spent on *programs* that suck up class time, and make it impossible for any real learning, or real exercise, to take place.

How you gonna play Red Rover in a classroom?

Charter schools and religious schools are the way to go.
The alternative is no longer adequate or acceptable in any way.

In my school there was no air conditioning and the window folded out but that's not much help in the Okc summers of 110-115 degree...So you're damn right we wanted to go outside in the summer, it was cooler than being inside...
When I was elementary school on hot days some teachers would have class outdoors in a field under a shade tree. And occasionally in the fallout shelter 30 feet under the school.

Forum List

Back