Raising Fat Slobs

I just can't figure it. First they whine about obesity, then do what they can to foster it.

Florida says schools can hold recess inside classrooms

Ever lived in Florida? Recess outside in FL during the warmer months is often deadly. In the Spring and Fall, most elementary schools had recess early in the morning before it got too warm.

Ever sat in a classroom all day with a bunch of sweaty and stinky kids after recess? Not fun!

I just can't figure it. First they whine about obesity, then do what they can to foster it.

Ever lived in Florida? Recess outside in FL during the warmer months is often deadly. In the Spring and Fall, most elementary schools had recess early in the morning before it got too warm.

Ever sat in a classroom all day with a bunch of sweaty and stinky kids after recess? Not fun!

I have been in Florida in the hot peak season. Beaches and amusement parks swarm with kids running around.

Heat doesn't seem to slow them down much.

In my school there was no air conditioning and the window folded out but that's not much help in the Okc summers of 110-115 degree...So you're damn right we wanted to go outside in the summer, it was cooler than being inside...

I have been in Florida in the hot peak season. Beaches and amusement parks swarm with kids running around.

It does in the classroom!

Also, we aren't in school during the hottest part of the year but we see 90 degrees from as early as February to as late as December. Back in the 80s, while stationed there in the Navy, we worked from 6am to 1pm every day during the summer because of the heat.

Beaches/theme parks are very different than classrooms-they're full of snowbirds and tourists (and yes some Floridians during the summer months). The difference in we know how to deal with the heat/humidity whereas many tourists don't.

If you go to any theme park in Florida (or any other tourist trap)-you're bound to see a sick/dehydrated person and they're always from the North.

We know the drink plenty of water and prepare ourselves for the heat and humidity. I'd take 105 degrees in Vegas over 95 degrees in Tampa any day of the week.

Beaches/theme parks are very different than classrooms-they're full of snowbirds and tourists (and yes some Floridians during the summer months). The difference in we know how to deal with the heat/humidity whereas many tourists don't.

If you go to any theme park in Florida (or any other tourist trap)-you're bound to see a sick/dehydrated person and they're always from the North.

We know the drink plenty of water and prepare ourselves for the heat and humidity. I'd take 105 degrees in Vegas over 95 degrees in Tampa any day of the week.

I lived in Florida for many years and then moved to KY. The weather here is actually very similar to Florida. I spent a few weeks in TX recently with temps in the upper 90s and it felt better there than any day in the high 80s in KY. That humidity kills you!

Ah yes, let us all get into shape like this brave patriot.

147de51ebb6e3ea80cc7afb14762dafc4b5a9ef5173336a78cb31ca06f4ae830_1.jpg

School is out in June

and in June the temps in FL average in the mid 70's to upper 80's

Hardly in the danger zone

School is out in June

You know, being a complete dick really becomes you!

Tampa FL has an average high of 88.9 degrees in June.

For those of you who are mentally challenged, that is 1/10th of a degree less than 90 degrees. That's hardly "an average mid 70s to upper 80s."

http://www.rssweather.com/climate/Florida/Tampa/

I lived in Florida for 13 years and just walked back in the door from a 5 day trip down there.

Don't be stupid! If you make yourself out to be an ass, I am going to make sure everyone knows it.

School is out in June

For those of you who are mentally challenged, that is 1/10th of a degree less than 90 degrees. That's hardly "an average mid 70s to upper 80s."

I lived in Florida for 13 years and just walked back in the door from a 5 day trip down there.

Don't be stupid! If you make yourself out to be an ass, I am going to make sure everyone knows it.
My parents lived in Lakeland Fla for years. We visited once in the Summer good God! I was glad to get back to my 105 degree dry heat in Arizona.

School is out in June

so 88 is not upper 80's
and FYI the state of FL is more than just Tampa
I guess you really have some reading comprehension problems

Man we used to have double session football practice in 90 degree weather so I don't think a 30 minute recess for some kids is going to kill them

Weather and temperature averages for Florida, USA

School is out in June

so 88 is not upper 80's

Man we used to have double session football practice in 90 degree weather so I don't think a 30 minute recess for some kids is going to kill them

Chose that because it is pretty typical of Florida. Do you want me to show Miami which further proves you to be dead wrong?

After your football practice, did you go back inside and sit in a classroom and try to learn for the rest of the day?

Why can't you just admit you were wrong and let it go?

School is out in June

so 88 is not upper 80's

Chose that because it is pretty typical of Florida. Do you want me to show Miami which further proves you to be dead wrong?

After your football practice, did you go back inside and sit in a classroom and try to learn for the rest of the day?

are you seriously comparing a 2 hour long football practice with a 30 minute outdoor recess?

Kids can go outside safely when the temps are in the 80's

School is out in June

so 88 is not upper 80's

are you seriously comparing a 2 hour long football practice with a 30 minute outdoor recess?

Yes, because you apparently cannot read. Read my last post quoted above.

If you remember, I said that they had to go out for recess early. Then you have to try to get them back on task to learning after they are hot, sweaty, and thirsty. Those are not ideal conditions for learning. Maybe that is why you never learned to read.

School is out in June

so 88 is not upper 80's

If you remember, I said that they had to go out for recess early. Then you have to try to get them back on task to learning after they are hot, sweaty, and thirsty. Those are not ideal conditions for learning. Maybe that is why you never learned to read.
Funny I never had any problems in class after an outdoor recess

I guess you think it's better for kids to be either sluggish or all fidgety from sitting on their asses all day

And really how many kids come back from a 30 minute recess all sweaty and stinky? Most kids will just walk around or hang out with their buddies. A few might toss a football around but no one is really out there working up a sweat.

Didn't you have outdoor recess when you were a kid? Everyone I know did.

so 88 is not upper 80's

Funny I never had any problems in class after an outdoor recess

I guess you think it's better for kids to be either sluggish or all fidgety from sitting on their asses all day

And really how many kids come back from a 30 minute recess all sweaty and stinky? Most kids will just walk around or hang out with their buddies. A few might toss a football around but no one is really out there working up a sweat.

Didn't you have outdoor recess when you were a kid? Everyone I know did.

I guess you will never know until you become a teacher and experience it for yourself.

Forum List

Back