Quit my job but they want me back

Several former employers asked me back over the years. The only time I accepted was for 3 times my previous pay, I was the only one they knew with the skill to do the job

Just about anyone can cook French fries.

I'll side with Ernie and those who said hold on to the job while looking for another.
Obviously this kid doesn't have many bills, or is using up his savings while making up his mind.

I've worked all my life.............and have held shit hole jobs until something better came up. Advanced skills to get better pay.........
I don't see a $10 an hour job as aspiring..................The cost of living should push you to seek better paying jobs..............

Sitting on your ass is your decision..........but if you sponge on others to do so then Ernie is right..........Your not ethical........Many people deal with having shitty jobs and issues at work............most bite their tongue and by their time looking for something else to ensure money coming in to pay the bills................

Tis your life lad..............Get off your ass and go back to work.

I already did that for four years. Four years isn't temporary in my opinion. That's a permanently sucky life that I don't choose to live. Ernie S isn't my god.
Never said Ernie is your God now did I............

My point is it's better to make a living than sit on your butt.................Even if the Job sucks and put out applications and leave that way.............and at that rate of pay it wouldn't be that hard to do so.............

Life is what you make of it................it doesn't always turn out Peaches and Cream...........and you need to muddle through..........

Want a change................Then stop whining and CHANGE IT.

I always found it advisable not to quit until you had a better job lined up

Advisable... but not a requirement.

The lazy aren't rewarded squeaky or not... But if you feel like a productive and under-appreciated wheel on a machine, sometimes a little squeak will get you some well-earned grease.

In the scenario described in the O/P, I would counter with the pay raise AND the fixed schedule, ass-u-me-ing the job didn't totally suck.

If you have any self respect at all,

Self respect has nothing to do with what other people think. The key word is "self". You don't get to determine what I would do if I had self respect.
If you are content to sit on your ass and let someone else support you, you have no idea what self respect is.

At least not grown-up self respect.

It's o.k. to live in mom's basement if you're under 20. It's kind of weird between 18 and 20, but it's o.k.

He sounds like another know it all kid....................who needs to grow up.......

Am I the only one suspecting he's getting unemployment and is not saying so..............anyone else get those vibs from him.............

Which would be illegal..............His one post shows he is under someone's roof, probably parents taking his vacation.......looking for vindication on the boards................because his parents are probably telling him to go back to work.

Typical troll. I'll bet this whole thread is nothing more than a libtard attempt to justify all those who sit on their fat asses drawing welfare.

Notice how he NEVER mentions what the job was? I'll be that right now he's sitting at home being paid by some leftist group to troll the web and stir up stuff like that.

Sign #1 - gets all huffy and defensive when you question his motives.

He's made a couple unlikely assertions that, frankly, I don't believe. It has become obvious that he's an immature liar. Reading his posts is of zero value. I will see none with him in the trash bin.

Typical troll. I'll bet this whole thread is nothing more than a libtard attempt to justify all those who sit on their fat asses drawing welfare.

Notice how he NEVER mentions what the job was? I'll be that right now he's sitting at home being paid by some leftist group to troll the web and stir up stuff like that.

Sign #1 - gets all huffy and defensive when you question his motives.
They are not getting their money's worth, are they?

Loser.....
Proud of being a sponge.

a96759_a481_asshole2.jpg

He claims to have paid off a 30 year mortgage in 12 years on $10/hour

I didn't always make $10 an hour. My wife also worked. Both of us are on the mortgage. Both of us pay on the mortgage. It was actually less than 12 years. It was like 11 years and 10 months.

I know the truth. You don't.

Good luck to you.

Loser.....
Proud of being a sponge.

Check out post #73 and post #74 in this thread but only if you are smart enough. If you are too dumb to understand it then don't read it.

I'm fine either way.

I'm attempting to improve my annual income. If you think that is stupid then that is fine. Math is on my side.

BTW it's pretty f***ing easy to pay off a $52,000 mortgage in 11 years and 10 months. You need to brush up on your math skill. It might help you improve your business.

Here is my income for the last 12 1/2 years.

2003 $14,269.09
2004 $17,540.55
2005 $23,082.84
2006 $22,486.64
2007 $23,108.60
2008 $26,400.05
2009 $24,666.34
2010 $22,204.23
2011 $11,859.24
2012 $12,664.64
2013 $15,832.92
2014 $22,316.66
2015 $8,300.88 (so far this year)

My wife makes an income too. There is nothing wrong with paying off the mortgage early if you have enough money to do it.

In the place where I originated it is a big deal for a 36 year old to pay off their home mortgage. It is even more impressive when the person is a loser with no self respect who is proud to be a sponge. That just makes it more impressive. Wouldn't you agree Mr. Ernie S ? or Does that make me stupid just because I am no longer a slave to the bank ? You just make your own assessment about the situation. I'm tired of trying to explain it to you. A $0.00 mortgage makes it a lot easier to pay the $212 electric bill and the $25 water bill. What else do I have to pay? Oh yeah. Nothing!!!! You can think whatever you want to think. I don't really want to talk about this anymore. I am leaning towards telling my ex-boss to go screw himself.

I'll hold out for a better paying job. In the meantime, I'm not going to do jack squat. If that offends you then be offended. I don't care anymore. You live your life and I'll live mine.

If you have no self respect and hate yourself then I can't change that. You'll have to work on that yourself.

According to me you are a loser.
According to you I am a loser.

Big whoopity do!

Last edited:
And your wife is still working..............lol..............or is she on this long vacation as well...............

Put on your apron and be a proper house maid then, as your wife supports you...........

LOL

On June 11, 2015 I quit my job.

I was always there any time they needed me. Many times I was called at the last minute to fill in for someone who didn't show up. I never complained about it. I just played the game and was reliable and flexible as I could possibly be. I thought it would eventually pay off. After 4 years I asked for a raise to $10 an hour or a fixed schedule at the same rate of pay. They said, "F*** you" but my boss said it in Spanish so it sounded a lot nicer than that.

I put in my two weeks notice and left promptly. Once I got my last check I avoided that place like the plague. Now thy are calling me and wanting me to come back.

Should I tell them to "f*** off" or what? What should I do?

I prefer sitting at home on my butt doing absolutely nothing. I just don't know how to respond to this nonsense. Do they want to pay me more or do they just want to screw me over more?

Do you need the $?
If not, I would pass....

Loser.....
Proud of being a sponge.

a96759_a481_asshole2.jpg

It worked out Ernie S. Now I have a job making a lot more money. I make $12 an hour and work 8am -5pm ish.

You have to elevate me to a higher status now since you are a complete idiot that is incapable of analyzing data.

Forum List

Back