Quit my job but they want me back

W
Here is my income for the last 12 1/2 years.

2003 $14,269.09
2004 $17,540.55
2005 $23,082.84
2006 $22,486.64
2007 $23,108.60
2008 $26,400.05
2009 $24,666.34
2010 $22,204.23
2011 $11,859.24
2012 $12,664.64
2013 $15,832.92
2014 $22,316.66
2015 $8,300.88 (so far this year)

My wife makes an income too. There is nothing wrong with paying off the mortgage early if you have enough money to do it.

In the place where I originated it is a big deal for a 36 year old to pay off their home mortgage. It is even more impressive when the person is a loser with no self respect who is proud to be a sponge. That just makes it more impressive. Wouldn't you agree Mr. Ernie S ? or Does that make me stupid just because I am no longer a slave to the bank ? You just make your own assessment about the situation. I'm tired of trying to explain it to you. A $0.00 mortgage makes it a lot easier to pay the $212 electric bill and the $25 water bill. What else do I have to pay? Oh yeah. Nothing!!!! You can think whatever you want to think. I don't really want to talk about this anymore. I am leaning towards telling my ex-boss to go screw himself.

I'll hold out for a better paying job. In the meantime, I'm not going to do jack squat. If that offends you then be offended. I don't care anymore. You live your life and I'll live mine.

If you have no self respect and hate yourself then I can't change that. You'll have to work on that yourself.

According to me you are a loser.
According to you I am a loser.

Big whoopity do!
What that tells me is the government owns you lock, stock and barrel.

On June 11, 2015 I quit my job.

I was always there any time they needed me. Many times I was called at the last minute to fill in for someone who didn't show up. I never complained about it. I just played the game and was reliable and flexible as I could possibly be. I thought it would eventually pay off. After 4 years I asked for a raise to $10 an hour or a fixed schedule at the same rate of pay. They said, "F*** you" but my boss said it in Spanish so it sounded a lot nicer than that.

I put in my two weeks notice and left promptly. Once I got my last check I avoided that place like the plague. Now thy are calling me and wanting me to come back.

Should I tell them to "f*** off" or what? What should I do?

I prefer sitting at home on my butt doing absolutely nothing. I just don't know how to respond to this nonsense. Do they want to pay me more or do they just want to screw me over more?

My opinion is you can never really go back. Do you need this job? A min wage job can turn into $10/hour pretty quickly if you are competent, reliable and flexible.

My opinion is you can never really go back. Do you need this job? A min wage job can turn into $10/hour pretty quickly if you are competent, reliable and flexible.

Sorry. I told them to screw off and I got a better paying job instead. Now I make $12 an hour and work 8am - 5pm ish.

Those low wages were insulting. I just couldn't take it anymore. If I going to be poor then I was going to stay at home and do nothing.

Now I make money and I have to work hard. It is a win-win for both of us. Working for low wages is bad for your boss because they are obviously in excruciating pain having to come up with the money to pay somebody. Working for low wages is bad for the employee because it is a constant reminder of how bad they suck and they still have to work for the other person.

I prefer a situation where both parties win. I abhor a situation where both parties lose.

W
Here is my income for the last 12 1/2 years.

2003 $14,269.09
2004 $17,540.55
2005 $23,082.84
2006 $22,486.64
2007 $23,108.60
2008 $26,400.05
2009 $24,666.34
2010 $22,204.23
2011 $11,859.24
2012 $12,664.64
2013 $15,832.92
2014 $22,316.66
2015 $8,300.88 (so far this year)

My wife makes an income too. There is nothing wrong with paying off the mortgage early if you have enough money to do it.

In the place where I originated it is a big deal for a 36 year old to pay off their home mortgage. It is even more impressive when the person is a loser with no self respect who is proud to be a sponge. That just makes it more impressive. Wouldn't you agree Mr. Ernie S ? or Does that make me stupid just because I am no longer a slave to the bank ? You just make your own assessment about the situation. I'm tired of trying to explain it to you. A $0.00 mortgage makes it a lot easier to pay the $212 electric bill and the $25 water bill. What else do I have to pay? Oh yeah. Nothing!!!! You can think whatever you want to think. I don't really want to talk about this anymore. I am leaning towards telling my ex-boss to go screw himself.

I'll hold out for a better paying job. In the meantime, I'm not going to do jack squat. If that offends you then be offended. I don't care anymore. You live your life and I'll live mine.

If you have no self respect and hate yourself then I can't change that. You'll have to work on that yourself.

According to me you are a loser.
According to you I am a loser.

Big whoopity do!
What that tells me is the government owns you lock, stock and barrel.

Hey Koshergrl.

Never said Ernie is your God now did I............

My point is it's better to make a living than sit on your butt.................Even if the Job sucks and put out applications and leave that way.............and at that rate of pay it wouldn't be that hard to do so.............

Life is what you make of it................it doesn't always turn out Peaches and Cream...........and you need to muddle through..........

Want a change................Then stop whining and CHANGE IT.

It worked out really good. I got a 2 month vacation and a better paying job. I guess I just got lucky.

Maybe not $2 per day but I could live on about $6 per day. I think if I asked 10 people to buy me a meal at Mcdonalds one of them would eventually do it. I could probably live my life without handling money ever again.

Why do you say, "BS"?

I was always there any time they needed me. Many times I was called at the last minute to fill in for someone who didn't show up. I never complained about it. I just played the game and was reliable and flexible as I could possibly be. I thought it would eventually pay off. After 4 years I asked for a raise to $10 an hour or a fixed schedule at the same rate of pay. They said, "F*** you" but my boss said it in Spanish so it sounded a lot nicer than that.

I put in my two weeks notice and left promptly. Once I got my last check I avoided that place like the plague. Now thy are calling me and wanting me to come back.

I prefer sitting at home on my butt doing absolutely nothing. I just don't know how to respond to this nonsense. Do they want to pay me more or do they just want to screw me over more?

If an employer talked to me like they did you, it would be very hard for me to go back.

Go to college if you want , get some grants and go to ..... Or go back to college. Go to school part time and work a part time job; or go to school full time.

Go job hunting- you may be surprised.

If you go back to your last job, they will have control over you. They have their claws in your back- so that is something to think about. You will dance to their tune, and jump when they say jump. So think long and hard before you go back.

Some people simply do not see what others go through in the work place. Some employers are assinine.

A career college might be a consideration. 12 to 18 months and you can work a professional job, computers - or the medical field.

State unemployment offices usually have job counselors to help you look for work .

I'm your scenerio - you have a lot to
Think about and consider.

If you don't have college, you should think about going. If anything go get your general classes out of the way and think about what degree you want. You need basic math and English in any college degree so go knock out your freshman math and English and get that over with ; if you have not already done so.

TSA ( government ) is hiring, they need people in almost every airport. US Govt insurance and retirement which is a good deal.

Best of luck to you.

Shadow 355

Lots to consider here. First, someone else gave you some good advice - don't quit your job until you already have a new one. It's always harder to get another job when you don't currently have one. Is your particular job field one that has many other options with similar businesses? If not, can your skills be used in some other occupational field? What is the job or the field of work you would REALLY like to have? In the months you've sat at home on your butt, have you worked on a really good resume to put out there? If not, get busy and don't forget to update it as you acquire more skills and knowledge. What is your age and what are your long term goals toward retirement? Marriage? Children? Owning your own home? You were correctly advised that sitting at home on your butt doing nothing can get real tiresome after awhile. The list of considerations is endless. Oh, and always keep a PMA file at home - every thank you for a good job email you get, every annual evaluation, when something "goes wrong" take immediate dated notes of who, what, when, why a particular situation happened so that you don't forget details with the passage of time. There's always going to be that employer who might fire you ... your PMA file can make liars out of them.

Easy. Tell them $15 an hour and you'll do it.

Both, frankly, but you can use it to your advantage. Pick some figure that would make you happy and tell them that's what it will take to get you back. They'll probably studder a bit, but then they might reconsider. Anyway, should that happen, you have the upper hand as long as you don't turn into a power monger.

what is the latest status on your employment situation?

Bookoo money

If only I would have listened to Ernie S. I could still be making $9.25 an hour.

Boy do I regret having a brain. Wait. No I don't.
You have brain? Tell the rest of it where you got it so we can get one.

High school math. My teachers said you never use Algebra in real life. I use it all the dad gum time.

My life would be much different if I would have never been exposed to algebra and trigonometry.

I regret never learning calculus and geometry.

Bookoo money

If only I would have listened to Ernie S. I could still be making $9.25 an hour.

High school math. My teachers said you never use Algebra in real life. I use it all the dad gum time.

My life would be much different if I would have never been exposed to algebra and trigonometry.

Really? Then tell me right now how long it will take to gravity fall out to Jupiter and back WITHOUT using the gravity well slingshot effect to speed up my return!!!!? ;)

Bookoo money

Really? Then tell me right now how long it will take to gravity fall out to Jupiter and back WITHOUT using the gravity well slingshot effect to speed up my return!!!!? ;)

Forum List

Back