Question for gay marriage opponents

World Savior

May 18, 2015
I heard Tony Perkins of family research council say that gay marriage is bad but heterosexual marriage is better for children. It is because a child needs a mother and a father for healthy growth and a good life.

If that is true, then why don't gay marriage opponents also object to children staying in single parent homes? About half of US children live in single parent households.

If you object to gay marriage on the grounds that a child needs a mom and a dad, then the gay marriage haters should have actively pursued constitutional and legal changes within our family structures that prohibit single parent households as vociferously as they opposed gay marriages. Seems to me one mom would be far worse choice than having two moms.

Your thoughts?

You expose the basic flaw in the argument used by Silhouette and Where r my Keys. They simply wouldn't answer the challenge, so they kept getting kicked in the metaphorical head until their eyes crossed.

You expose the basic flaw in the argument used by Silhouette and Where r my Keys. They simply wouldn't answer the challenge, so they kept getting kicked in the metaphorical head until their eyes crossed.

Single Mother Statistics Single Mother Guide
In mother-only families, children tend to experience short-and long-term economic and psychological disadvantages; higher absentee rates at school, lower levels of education, and higher dropout rates (with boys more negatively affected than girls); and more delinquent activity, including alcohol and drug addiction.....

Later, as children from single-parent families become adults, they are more likely to marry early, have children early, and divorce. Girls are at greater risk of becoming single mothers as a result of nonmarital childbearing or divorce (McLanahan and Booth 1989). Although the research findings are mixed on long-term effects, the majority of children adjust and recover and do not experience severe problems over time (Coontz 1997).

A common explanation for the problems found among the children of single parents has been the absence of a male adult in the family (Gongla 1982). The relationship between children and non-custodial fathers can be difficult and strained. Fathers often become disinterested and detached from their children; in one study more than 60 percent of fathers either did not visit their children or had no contact with them for over a year. The loss of a father in the family can have implications beyond childhood (Wallerstein and Blakeslee 1989). However, the lack of a male presence may not be as critical as the lack of a male income to the family. The economic deprivation of single-parent family life, in combination with other sources of strain and stress, is a major source of the problems experienced by both parents and children.

Read more: Single-Parent Families - The Effects On Children - Family, Family, and Divorce - JRank Articles Single-Parent Families - The Effects On Children - Family Family and Divorce - JRank Articles

This was at just first glance.

Parents: there's a lot to be said for staying together for the children's sake. After the kids leave home, who gives a damn what you do!!

Greg

I heard Tony Perkins of family research council say that gay marriage is bad but heterosexual marriage is better for children. It is because a child needs a mother and a father for healthy growth and a good life.

If that is true, then why don't gay marriage opponents also object to children staying in single parent homes? About half of US children live in single parent households.

If you object to gay marriage on the grounds that a child needs a mom and a dad, then the gay marriage haters should have actively pursued constitutional and legal changes within our family structures that prohibit single parent households as vociferously as they opposed gay marriages. Seems to me one mom would be far worse choice than having two moms.

Your thoughts?
they do you ignorant fucking uneducated bigoted fucktard.

or are you under the age of 25?
They do? OK show me one legislative push they've done to take away children from single parents and put them for adoption in two parent homes. Yes, legislative push, going up to supreme courts through local circuits of courts first.

Don't have it? OK, not use the F word in your reply and pretend you really care about the kids. LOL.

this ignorant question has been asked here before, and the op got crushed.

ask that this be taken down or get humiliated.

I don't come here every 30 seconds to check on which question has ben asked before and which one hasn't. So care to answer "again" if y ou don't mind? Or are you still bitter about the SCOTUS approving GM for all 50 states? Here's a tissue.

The ignorant and hateful believe only a heterosexual parent can give a child a good upbringing. So single mothers are encouraged to take many heterosexual lovers. Yup, it makes as much sense as trying to deny marriage equality.

Your thoughts?

I agree. As a Conservative I believe that a proper family is key to children growing up properly.

To that end I believe in licensing parents, requiring Moral competency testing for current and prospective parents and removing children from single parent and otherwise faulty homes.

Your thoughts?

I agree. As a Conservative I believe that a proper family is key to children growing up properly.

To that end I believe in licensing parents, requiring Moral competency testing for current and prospective parents and removing children from single parent and otherwise faulty homes.

Great! Then just as the cons did with GM, they should oppose single parent households with the same fervor as they opposed GM. This means the cons have to aggressively and legislatively PUSH for one or both of the following.

1. Oppose single parents from having kids or put them up for adoption if you become a single parent accidentally or voluntarily

OR

2. Force every single parent to get married again or have another person of opposite sex immediately within 90 days to avoid losing custody of the kid.

Hypocrite GM opponents are OK with not having a mother and father in single parent households. Their only objections arose when they found out about gay parents having kids within their family without the presence of an adult of the opposite gender.

It's amazing how ignorant the GM opponents truly are.

Great! Then just as the cons did with GM, they should oppose single parent households with the same fervor as they opposed GM. This means the cons have to aggressively and legislatively PUSH for one or both of the following.

1. Oppose single parents from having kids or put them up for adoption if you become a single parent accidentally or voluntarily

OR

2. Force every single parent to get married again or have another person of opposite sex immediately within 90 days to avoid losing custody of the kid.

Hypocrite GM opponents are OK with not having a mother and father in single parent households. Their only objections arose when they found out about gay parents having kids within their family without the presence of an adult of the opposite gender.

It's amazing how ignorant the GM opponents truly are.

Again, I agree. Individuals who find themselves pregnant or having caused a pregnancy should be forced to raise the child properly OR be forced to financially support the Government system or alternative family who raises their child; while losing all rights to see or know the child.

I agree that should be pushed legislatively. Unfortunately since there are no Conservatives in the US Government I don't expect to see it promoted any time soon.

Forum List

Back