Finally, A Win For Anti-Gay Marriage Republicans

Biff_Poindexter

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2018
USA

The Tennessee House of Representatives has passed a bill that would allow people to refuse to perform a marriage if they disagree with it. The bill, which now moves to the state Senate, is the latest in an onslaught of measures that the Tennessee legislature has passed attacking LGBTQ rights. This bill could also apply to couples where at least one partner is transgender, or to mixed race couples.

Tennessee law already says that religious leaders do not have to officiate weddings they object to. Critics say the new bill goes beyond that and would empower county clerks to refuse to certify marriage licenses, meaning that LGBTQ, interfaith, or interracial couples could be unable to get married at all, rather than just needing to find a new officiant for their ceremony."

Finally, Republicans fight back against this travesty and they do it in a brilliant way. They didn't just allow for officials to deny marriage based on religious beliefs, but also because of a "person’s conscience". That way, if seeing a darkie marry a pure white woman goes against your conscience; you don't have to pretend its for religious reasons - since that would be harder to get away with. Plus, until we overturn the evil liberal legal opinion of Loving vs Virginia, we have to accept it.

And before you go there, No, nobody is going to prevent interracial marriage, so relax. Yea, I know folks were saying just last year that nobody was going to come after gay marriage, but that's different. Society for the most part has learned to get over darkies being able to marry out of their league; but under no circumstances are we going to normalize gays getting married. I have no idea why the House GOP hasn't proposed a bill like this at the national level yet. Who is to stop a couple of fags from going to an evil state where gay marriage is allowed -- then returning back to Tennessee and forcing people there to recognize their unholy union and possibly turning them gay too?

Critics say the new bill goes beyond that and would empower county clerks to refuse to certify marriage licenses,

Need to find a clerk that will deny all certificates.

So 2 dudes have go to another state to get married.
If they go at the same time they cross state lines to get abortions, problem solved

I like the idea

Let your government employees refuse service to marriages they find “yucky”

Gay Marriage
Interracial Marriage
Interfaith Marriages
Pregnant Brides
Ugly Brides

Since we're letting government employees decide the laws ... let's give police the right to shoot first, then ask questions ... the power of life and death is a government obligation ...

Since we're letting government employees decide the laws ... let's give police the right to shoot first, then ask questions ... the power of life and death is a government obligation ...

Government employees don’t get to define the laws
They just refuse when Republicans demand they break them

Where did you get the idea that Republicans are against interracial marriage, or that its even an issue in the GOP?

Its the D's who hate Justice Thomas' honky bride and the oriental chick that Sen. McConnell married, not the Republicans.
Are you talking about the one that Trump attacks all the time.

Where did you get the idea that Republicans are against interracial marriage, or that its even an issue in the GOP?

Its the D's who hate Justice Thomas' honky bride and the oriental chick that Sen. McConnell married, not the Republicans.
Mrs. Thomas is a treasonous insurrectionist and that`s why I hate her. It`s as simple as that.

I like the idea

Let your government employees refuse service to marriages they find “yucky”

Gay Marriage
Interracial Marriage
Interfaith Marriages
Pregnant Brides
Ugly Brides
If that's what you find yucky...

Forum List

Back