Question for gay marriage opponents

What equal rights. NO ONE has a right to work at a church. Do you get that?

Everyone has the equal rights to be considered for employment in public institutions. Even in private settings landlords are required to follow equal housing laws which means you can't deny gays housing according to Equal housing laws on the books. You are not supposed to any ways.

Why you consider church as public organization? It has an owner - a God!!!

Church is a public organization just as I, an individual, am a public organization.

I understand that you consider the church to be owned by God. I respect your beliefs. But in the real world, church is an organization made up of people as is a corporation or a non profit. So it has to abide by the same rules as other organizations do.

Granted churches are not corporation and profits are not the motive when operating the churches. I am willing to grant some concessions to churches because they also do community services.

But make no mistake: Churches are engaged in proselytization and religious conversions. Churches also adhere to different moral codes and are exempt from criticisms of such moral codes at the government level because they enjoy a special status.

I personally would not join a church nor work for it. I respect their religious freedom to study bible and believe in God. However, I think it's time to hold churches to higher standards of conduct.

So to answer your questions: Everyone is governed by human laws, just as any one person business is held to same standards as are most all other organizations, save some non profits.

Ok, but how it related to gay priests?
At first, Church is employeer, so priests are employee, and like other employees must satisfy employee requirements. If I hadn't driver license, I can't be a truck driver, instead of colour of my skin - where's discrimination? What's says bible: "If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.". How anyone can be priests (a spiritual authority and Church's laws interpreter), if he violates one of church' laws by his existance? Who violates law, cannot be the interpreter of it!

And about gay marriage... If you want to have a homosexual contact - it's your right as human, to make behind the locked doors all you want, it's your privacy. If you are consider marriage as social act - let the society to decide this problem. If you want marriage as Church act - it's a prerogative of Church to decide, who can be in marriage by Church law!

Church is not obligated to hire gays (currently) and does not perform marriages. I respect their right not to perform gay marriages. Marriages by the church is not a fundamental right.

Employment rights are "universal" in the sense no employer is supposed to discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation of any person. Somehow the churches think they are above this requirement because of their religious status. This needs to change.

Of course, I fully expect the Christian bigots to oppose hiring of gays in their churches. The churches think that being bigots is some kind of a "God given" privilege they are entitled to exercise.

I can understand if churches are opposed to abortion. I do not understand the idea of being homophbes, but hey, I don't understand why ISIS beheads other people either. Each organization has its own way of engaging in bigotry and violence.

They're many churches that hire homos. However, that's not the point. The point is to force the churches who believe their bible to violate their religious beliefs by hiring homos.

Of course, I fully expect the Christian bigots to oppose hiring of gays in their churches. The churches think that being bigots is some kind of a "God given" privilege they are entitled to exercise.

So, if you don't like gays - you are automatically bigot? Excellent freedom of opinions, Orwell-style, isn't it? :)

Employment rights are "universal" in the sense no employer is supposed to discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation of any person. Somehow the churches think they are above this requirement because of their religious status. This needs to change.

The sexual orientation of any person is non-significant here. You just always mix "gay as sexual orientation" and "gay as social position". The first usually is not subject of discussion, the second - a Church's law violation and a reason to avoid this. Look, how easy sexual preference is transforming to social position and then becoming propaganda... another small step - and we have discrimination of silent majority... I don't think, it's a right way for democracy...

Everyone has the equal rights to be considered for employment in public institutions. Even in private settings landlords are required to follow equal housing laws which means you can't deny gays housing according to Equal housing laws on the books. You are not supposed to any ways.

Church is a public organization just as I, an individual, am a public organization.

I understand that you consider the church to be owned by God. I respect your beliefs. But in the real world, church is an organization made up of people as is a corporation or a non profit. So it has to abide by the same rules as other organizations do.

Granted churches are not corporation and profits are not the motive when operating the churches. I am willing to grant some concessions to churches because they also do community services.

But make no mistake: Churches are engaged in proselytization and religious conversions. Churches also adhere to different moral codes and are exempt from criticisms of such moral codes at the government level because they enjoy a special status.

I personally would not join a church nor work for it. I respect their religious freedom to study bible and believe in God. However, I think it's time to hold churches to higher standards of conduct.

So to answer your questions: Everyone is governed by human laws, just as any one person business is held to same standards as are most all other organizations, save some non profits.

At first, Church is employeer, so priests are employee, and like other employees must satisfy employee requirements. If I hadn't driver license, I can't be a truck driver, instead of colour of my skin - where's discrimination? What's says bible: "If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.". How anyone can be priests (a spiritual authority and Church's laws interpreter), if he violates one of church' laws by his existance? Who violates law, cannot be the interpreter of it!

And about gay marriage... If you want to have a homosexual contact - it's your right as human, to make behind the locked doors all you want, it's your privacy. If you are consider marriage as social act - let the society to decide this problem. If you want marriage as Church act - it's a prerogative of Church to decide, who can be in marriage by Church law!

Church is not obligated to hire gays (currently) and does not perform marriages. I respect their right not to perform gay marriages. Marriages by the church is not a fundamental right.

I can understand if churches are opposed to abortion. I do not understand the idea of being homophbes, but hey, I don't understand why ISIS beheads other people either. Each organization has its own way of engaging in bigotry and violence.

They're many churches that hire homos. However, that's not the point. The point is to force the churches who believe their bible to violate their religious beliefs by hiring homos.

Like I said, this policy of bigotry by the churches on religious grounds needs to change because in the employment arena discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation is illegal. I respect the church's right to teach bigotry. However, I do not support their right to discriminate.

Here's a parallel example: I support the mormon church's right to teach that child marriages and polygamy are good for your community. The teaching of such ideas does not mean that we should act upon those ideas.

Still not convinced? Another example would be: It's OK to talk dirty about your neighbor's wife. You can fantasize all you want about having sex with your neighbor's wife or his son. Problem is you can't act upon those thoughts.

Churches teach bigotry and that's fine. They however should (focus on the word SHOULD) not be allowed to engage in bigotry when hiring employees.

Like I said, this policy of bigotry by the churches on religious grounds needs to change because in the employment arena discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation is illegal. I respect the church's right to teach bigotry. However, I do not support their right to discriminate.

Here's a parallel example: I support the mormon church's right to teach that child marriages and polygamy are good for your community. The teaching of such ideas does not mean that we should act upon those ideas.

Still not convinced? Another example would be: It's OK to talk dirty about your neighbor's wife. You can fantasize all you want about having sex with your neighbor's wife or his son. Problem is you can't act upon those thoughts.

Churches teach bigotry and that's fine. They however should (focus on the word SHOULD) not be allowed to engage in bigotry when hiring employees.
So I assume you are not a proponent of the "separation of church and state".

So, if you don't like gays - you are automatically bigot? Excellent freedom of opinions, Orwell-style, isn't it? :)

The sexual orientation of any person is non-significant here. You just always mix "gay as sexual orientation" and "gay as social position". The first usually is not subject of discussion, the second - a Church's law violation and a reason to avoid this. Look, how easy sexual preference is transforming to social position and then becoming propaganda... another small step - and we have discrimination of silent majority... I don't think, it's a right way for democracy...

Not liking gays makes you a bigot just as not liking a person of minority class makes one a racist. What would you think if I said I don't like black people? Can you answer that? My "religion" teaches me to hate minorities. Just imagine if this was the situation and then explain to me whether you'd consider me a racist, if I said the above and believed in the above.

A church's right to discrimination ends when it comes to common legislative protections afforded to all people in this world.

Your church can preach bigotry and hate, that's not a problem. It already does it. What I am saying is no one should be exempt from EEOC laws. These laws are designed to protect all individuals.

I will protect your right to be a bigot and hateful. It's protected by first amendment of the constitution. So this is not disputable. However, your hiring practices can be regulated and SHOULD be controlled by EEOC laws.

Separation of church and state does not mean exemption from legislative laws. A church is not allowed to practice polygamy and pedophilia.

Sadly for you, you don't understand that human laws trump your divine laws, whatever the word divine means to you. You can't have sex with children regardless of what your religion teaches you.

Like I said before, you are allowed to be a bigot under the first amendment. You however are not allowed to be a pedophile or a terrorist regardless of what your religion preaches to you.

Separation of church and state does not mean exemption from legislative laws. A church is not allowed to practice polygamy and pedophilia.

Sadly for you, you don't understand that human laws trump your divine laws, whatever the word divine means to you. You can't have sex with children regardless of what your religion teaches you.

Like I said before, you are allowed to be a bigot under the first amendment. You however are not allowed to be a pedophile or a terrorist regardless of what your religion preaches to you.
First amendment trumps your homo law.

First amendment trumps your homo law.

No sir, two separate things. First amendment protects your right to be a bigot. It does not exempt you from most other laws like practicing polygamy and child marriages. I will be pushing very hard to bend the churches to abide by the EEOC laws. While I protect your right to be a bigot and a homophobe, I cannot protect your right to discriminate against gays for employment.

As I said, you can fantasize all you want about having sex with your neighbor's cute little son. It does not mean you can act upon those fantasies. Be a homophobe all you want but the law needs to change to make sure you don't act on your homophobia by directly hurting gays.

Is this clear?

Great! Then just as the cons did with GM, they should oppose single parent households with the same fervor as they opposed GM. This means the cons have to aggressively and legislatively PUSH for one or both of the following.

1. Oppose single parents from having kids or put them up for adoption if you become a single parent accidentally or voluntarily

OR

2. Force every single parent to get married again or have another person of opposite sex immediately within 90 days to avoid losing custody of the kid.

Hypocrite GM opponents are OK with not having a mother and father in single parent households. Their only objections arose when they found out about gay parents having kids within their family without the presence of an adult of the opposite gender.

It's amazing how ignorant the GM opponents truly are.

Again, I agree. Individuals who find themselves pregnant or having caused a pregnancy should be forced to raise the child properly OR be forced to financially support the Government system or alternative family who raises their child; while losing all rights to see or know the child.

I agree that should be pushed legislatively. Unfortunately since there are no Conservatives in the US Government I don't expect to see it promoted any time soon.

You all are forgetting a very important truth to all this.

Not all single mothers started out that way.

There's this legal procedure we call DIVORCE here in America. Were a married couple can legally dissolve their marriage.

So you're saying that the state should take children that have been with their parents all of their lives and stick them in the foster care system to be adopted?

Against the will of the parents and child?

Do you realize how illegal, cruel and sick your views are?

Once again you conservatives show you're nothing but liars when you say you want a small government and government out of your lives.

You want a big nanny government to monitor our lives from conception to death.

Last edited:
Marriage is the joining of two adults.
Marriage has been defined as a man and woman since the dawn of civilization.

Earth was once thought to be flat and Sun was thought to be revolving around the earth. But we corrected our mistakes.

You are welcome.

It's never a good idea to believe one word any conservative posts. At least not without credible and honest proof.

In this case there's no proof to the lie you responded to.

The actual historic fact is that homosexual marriage has been around for a very, very long time.

History of same-sex unions - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You all are forgetting a very important truth to all this.

Not all single mothers started out that way.

There's this legal procedure we call DIVORCE here in America. Were a married couple can legally dissolve their marriage.

So you're saying that the state should take children that have been with their parents all of their lives and stick them in the foster care system to be adopted?

Against the will of the parents and child?

Do you realize how illegal, cruel and sick your views are?

Once again you conservatives show you're nothing but liars when you say you want a small government and government out of your lives.

You want a big nanny government to monitor our lives from conception to death.

I'm a believer in a different style of marriage where divorce is much less common. I'm not a big believer in the appropriateness of divorce either.

When it does happen the kids should be taken and placed with foster/adoptive parents, not left in some Government home.

I've never said I want a small Government, just one that's focused on the proper things.

I heard Tony Perkins of family research council say that gay marriage is bad but heterosexual marriage is better for children. It is because a child needs a mother and a father for healthy growth and a good life.

If that is true, then why don't gay marriage opponents also object to children staying in single parent homes? About half of US children live in single parent households.

If you object to gay marriage on the grounds that a child needs a mom and a dad, then the gay marriage haters should have actively pursued constitutional and legal changes within our family structures that prohibit single parent households as vociferously as they opposed gay marriages. Seems to me one mom would be far worse choice than having two moms.

Your thoughts?
If gays hate heterosexuals so much why do they strive to be just like them?

I heard Tony Perkins of family research council say that gay marriage is bad but heterosexual marriage is better for children. It is because a child needs a mother and a father for healthy growth and a good life.

If that is true, then why don't gay marriage opponents also object to children staying in single parent homes? About half of US children live in single parent households.

If you object to gay marriage on the grounds that a child needs a mom and a dad, then the gay marriage haters should have actively pursued constitutional and legal changes within our family structures that prohibit single parent households as vociferously as they opposed gay marriages. Seems to me one mom would be far worse choice than having two moms.

Your thoughts?
If gays hate heterosexuals so much why do they strive to be just like them?

Have you heard anything about "parades of heterosexuals" to prove your words? :)

Not liking gays makes you a bigot just as not liking a person of minority class makes one a racist. What would you think if I said I don't like black people? Can you answer that? My "religion" teaches me to hate minorities. Just imagine if this was the situation and then explain to me whether you'd consider me a racist, if I said the above and believed in the above.

A church's right to discrimination ends when it comes to common legislative protections afforded to all people in this world.

Your church can preach bigotry and hate, that's not a problem. It already does it. What I am saying is no one should be exempt from EEOC laws. These laws are designed to protect all individuals.

I will protect your right to be a bigot and hateful. It's protected by first amendment of the constitution. So this is not disputable. However, your hiring practices can be regulated and SHOULD be controlled by EEOC laws.

Not liking gays makes me a bigot? Excuse me, but it's a direct violense against my personality - to order me, what I should like or dislike.

If you don't like black or white people - it's just your opinion. If you only saying it - it's your right. If you DO something, caused of dislike of black - it's a racism. Offcourse, if you try to offend someone by saying "I don't like ...." in a some situation - it would be racism, but not because of your opinion, just by your ACTION.

You will protect my right to be a bigot and hateful? Thanks, but I don't want to be a hateful bigot. You'd better protect my freedom to have an own opinion :) And in general... I can remember only two real individuals in history - Adam (before Eve) and Maugli. All other people are belong of societies. You receive from society a language, an education, typical behaviour - how can you claim yourself as "individualist" after it?
You can say similar things about religiion. So, individualism and atheism in practice seems most bigot and hateful religions :) And "gayism" too...

I just do not understand why do you provoke church going people? That's what's wrong with militant fags, they are the ones who do not want to coexist peacefully. There are fucking government run preschool places we pay for with tax money if you need daycare.

I dont understand who you calling a militant fag? I am not gay by the way.

If you think demanding equal rights is "militancy" then the problem is with you, not with gays.

Again, I am a 100% heterosexual person.

Waiting for your F-word loaded reply again. LOL.

>>>>>>>>>>>

If this was truly all about equality...people like you wouldn't keep moving the goal posts around.
Disagreeing with something isn't a phobia.
Homosexuals are welcome in churches. You however, have no business telling churches what they should do. Why don't you go slither back under the rock you came from.

I dont understand who you calling a militant fag? I am not gay by the way.

If you think demanding equal rights is "militancy" then the problem is with you, not with gays.

Again, I am a 100% heterosexual person.

Waiting for your F-word loaded reply again. LOL.

>>>>>>>>>>>

If this was truly all about equality...people like you wouldn't keep moving the goal posts around.
Homosexuals are welcome in churches. You however, have no business telling churches what they should do. Why don't you go slither back under the rock you came from.

Again, you should learn to respect human dignity. Of course, HD is the last thing on the minds of the churches. They are more interested in spreading bigotry, not human rights.

As I said earlier, churches are free to remain bigots. But they should be forced to abide by EEOC laws just as I am forced to abide by EEOC laws.

I think you need to move the rock from over your head and see the light. Unless of course you prefer to live by the 2015 year old book of bigotry and hatred that teaches you to dehumanize other human beings.

Not liking gays makes me a bigot? Excuse me, but it's a direct violense against my personality - to order me, what I should like or dislike.

If you don't like black or white people - it's just your opinion. If you only saying it - it's your right. If you DO something, caused of dislike of black - it's a racism. Offcourse, if you try to offend someone by saying "I don't like ...." in a some situation - it would be racism, but not because of your opinion, just by your ACTION.

You will protect my right to be a bigot and hateful? Thanks, but I don't want to be a hateful bigot. You'd better protect my freedom to have an own opinion :) And in general... I can remember only two real individuals in history - Adam (before Eve) and Maugli. All other people are belong of societies. You receive from society a language, an education, typical behaviour - how can you claim yourself as "individualist" after it?
You can say similar things about religiion. So, individualism and atheism in practice seems most bigot and hateful religions :) And "gayism" too...

Sorry but your religion teaches and encourages bigotry and hate. Just replace the word gays with blacks and you will know what I mean.

You have every right to hate gays and exclude them from your organization. And I have every right to call you a homophobe and a bigot if you do so.

You believe that your hateful organization that you call church is exempt from some of the laws of congress that apply to all others. Sadly the politicians have capitulated against the religious bodies.

If you are not going to treat all human beings with respect, then you will be called out for your hate. You can defend it all you want under the guise of "religious freedom", but every action has consequences.

>>>>>>>>>>>

Again, you should learn to respect human dignity. Of course, HD is the last thing on the minds of the churches. They are more interested in spreading bigotry, not human rights.

As I said earlier, churches are free to remain bigots. But they should be forced to abide by EEOC laws just as I am forced to abide by EEOC laws.

I think you need to move the rock from over your head and see the light. Unless of course you prefer to live by the 2015 year old book of bigotry and hatred that teaches you to dehumanize other human beings.

I do respect human dignity...that's why I see you trying to twisting things to your advantage.

>>>>>>>>>>>

I do respect human dignity...that's why I see you trying to twisting things to your advantage.

Denying gays equal opportunity rights to be considered for employment in churches is not a good way to defend human dignity. You might want to come down from your high horse and learn to respect real people in this real world.

Forum List

Back