Question about this ongoing race war.

It's just funny that Doc lives in Oakland and basically says he sees zero evidence of any racial discord....and yet various news outlets basically indicate Oakland is the race riot capital of America. I mean....WTF???

Seriously.....google Oakland/riots. It's unbelievable.

I dunno....maybe Doc lives in a bunker or something or never gets out. Maybe he lives in a panic room with no windows or TV.

Btw....this is a pic from Oakland two months ago. Try google images Oakland riots 2015. Not pretty. But again....maybe Doc doesn't get out much.

471374998.jpg

Ooooooh.. Scary....

You can tell they're "race riots" because of the black folks in the picture. Right?

Why so racist? No....the account was based on media reports and the nature of the riots.

And hint....they were not rioting over bunt cake. :)

Let me guess - Fox News and talk radio?

What defines a "race riot", in your mind?

Doc....try this mkay. Google Oakland/riots. See the various media outlets that covered them and what they said. I found in a few seconds a local ABC Station (you must not have looked at my link) the Weekly Standard (you must not have looked at my link) and Huffington Post.

There are dozens more. Since you seemed to be completely unaware of any problems in Oakland maybe you should educate yourself.

And yes...riots regarding Freddie Gray (among others) were about race. :)

I don't have to "google" them, I was there.

I marched in the protests, and stayed to watch the riots - there's a thread here where I posted live updates, from last December I think.

If they were "race riots", why were there so many white people there?

You call it whatever you want. :) I think the facts speak for themselves. Funny too....but you represented everything in Oakland was cool....and yet multiple riots in 2015 regarding highly racially charged events.

But hey....let's not quibble. You can call it whatever you want. K?

Ooooooh.. Scary....

You can tell they're "race riots" because of the black folks in the picture. Right?

Why so racist? No....the account was based on media reports and the nature of the riots.

Doc....try this mkay. Google Oakland/riots. See the various media outlets that covered them and what they said. I found in a few seconds a local ABC Station (you must not have looked at my link) the Weekly Standard (you must not have looked at my link) and Huffington Post.

There are dozens more. Since you seemed to be completely unaware of any problems in Oakland maybe you should educate yourself.

I marched in the protests, and stayed to watch the riots - there's a thread here where I posted live updates, from last December I think.

You call it whatever you want. :) I think the facts speak for themselves.

If the riots in Oakland were part of this "race war" that's going on, why wasn't I attacked while I was there?

I'm white, after all - and according to you guys, all those people are at "war" with me.

Ooooooh.. Scary....

You call it whatever you want. :) I think the facts speak for themselves. Funny too....but you represented everything in Oakland was cool....and yet multiple riots in 2015 regarding highly racially charged events.

But hey....let's not quibble. You can call it whatever you want. K?

I said that I've never had any problems about race, or being "warred" upon. "Cool" is a matter of opinion.

Personally, I think a little rioting every now and then adds to the flavor.

If the riots in Oakland were part of this "race war" that's going on, why wasn't I attacked while I was there?

I'm white, after all - and according to you guys, all those people are at "war" with me.

You seem confused. I never called it a "race war," nor do I find that to be accurate. Try to stick to the facts. okay? No need to misrepresent what folks are saying. And I am fine with however you want to label the riots in Oakland. You can call it anything you like for all I care.

Oy is a great word, no? Fits when one is just too gobsmacked to give a more detailed reply.

You seem confused. I never called it a "race war," nor do I find that to be accurate. Try to stick to the facts. okay? No need to misrepresent what folks are saying. And I am fine with however you want to label the riots in Oakland. You can call it anything you like for all I care.

Did you by any chance happen to read the title of this thread? I'm not "misrepresenting" anything.

Perhaps that's not what you are saying, but don't pretend to speak for "folks".

I speak for me. I do not feel there is a race war in America. I do think there is obvious racial discord that is the worst I have seen in my lifetime. I wasn't around for the riots in the 1960's so I cannot speak to that.

I agree with Gracie in that the discord appears to be getting worse, and it is troubling. That is not assessing blame toward either side, it is simply a statement of fact.

I speak for me. I do not feel there is a race war in America. I do think there is obvious racial discord that is the worst I have seen in my lifetime. I wasn't around for the riots in the 1960's so I cannot speak to that.

I agree with Gracie in that the discord appears to be getting worse, and it is troubling. That is not assessing blame toward either side, it is simply a statement of fact.

Did you live through the 80s?

There is quite literally not a single metric that you could use to say that we're worse off now than back then, both in terms of general and racial "unrest".

I lived through the Crown Heights riots, too. Those were race riots.

There is quite literally not a single metric that you could use to say that we're worse off now than back then, both in terms of general and racial "unrest".

I lived in Brooklyn in 80s, I saw the Crown Heights riots.

Those were race riots.

Sure there are plenty of metrics to say things are worse. Black poverty is sharply worse now than in the 1980's (so is white poverty).

I think any reasonable person would say a significant component of the racial discord in America is the lack of economic opportunity and upward mobility. Working class whites and blacks are pissed and for damn good reason.

Those were race riots.

Sure there are plenty of metrics to say things are worse. Black poverty is sharply worse now than in the 1980's (so is white poverty).

I think any reasonable person would say a significant component of the racial discord in America is the lack of economic opportunity and upward mobility.

No, it absolutely is not. (See bolded)

Where are you getting this information from, exactly?

Those were race riots.

I think any reasonable person would say a significant component of the racial discord in America is the lack of economic opportunity and upward mobility.

Incomes have dropped for all economic groups since 1999 except those with post-graduate degrees. The loss of income has accelerated under the Obama years and has hit high school graduates or below the hardest.

Doc, I would consider getting you some links to this obvious and well known information, but you don't seem to look at my links so why bother. :)

If you don't believe me I'm okay with that.

Those were race riots.

Incomes have dropped for all economic groups since 1999 except those with post-graduate degrees. The loss of income has accelerated under the Obama years and has hit high school graduates or below the hardest.

Doc, I would consider getting you some links to this obvious and well known information, but you don't seem to look at my links so why bother. :)

If you don't believe me I'm okay with that.

:lol:

Way to move your goalposts.

We're not talking about 1999, we're talking about the 80s.

Forum List

Back