Putin open to negotiations. What does this mean?

shoshi

Platinum Member
Oct 28, 2020
Unless he is willing to return control of the plant to Ukraine i do not know what is to come of this.

There are some opinions that some kind of a Big deal can be reached at the G20 summit. Though, Putin made everything for a compromise to be unreachable.

It certainly must be embarassing for Putin when his army is losing territory that he annexed.

Zelensky is a clown and has been promised great wealth if he keeps the war going. He's already getting graft and if we get stuck rebuilding Ukraine he'll get even more.

Even normally intelligent people such as Mark Levin have fallen for the Zelensky hagiography, [Levin] having said more than once that people will be talking about Zelensky 1000 years from now. FFS. Only if it is a curse word.

Maybe he's finally realizing that he's not gonna win as easily as he thought and is looking for some kind of way out while saving what little respect he has left.
My thoughts exactly, but there is no face saving way for Putin to end this war. Ukraine has made it clear that it will fight until it has recovered all occupied lands, including Crimea, and the US and EU have pledged to support Ukraine for as long as it takes; further, since Putin has clearly demonstrated he has no respect of any treaties or laws, no peace treaty is possible without a guarantor of peace, and there is no possible guarantor but NATO. This means in order to negotiate peace with Ukraine, Putin would have to withdraw completely from Ukraine and drop his objections to Ukraine becoming a member of NATO.

My thoughts exactly, but there is no face saving way for Putin to end this war. Ukraine has made it clear that it will fight until it has recovered all occupied lands, including Crimea, and the US and EU have pledged to support Ukraine for as long as it takes; further, since Putin has clearly demonstrated he has no respect of any treaties or laws, no peace treaty is possible without a guarantor of peace, and there is no possible guarantor but NATO. This means in order to negotiate peace with Ukraine, Putin would have to withdraw completely from Ukraine and drop his objections to Ukraine becoming a member of NATO.
Perhaps Ukraine could compromise by withdrawing their request for NATO membership?

Forum List

Back