Protests for $15-an-hour wages set to expand Wednesday

Compared to wages adjusted for inflation, or what they are in Europe, $15/hour is a gift.

Adjusted for inflation of what? Since when?

"The minimum wage should have reached $21.72 an hour in 2012 if it kept up with increases in worker productivity, according to a March study by the Center for Economic and Policy Research. While advancements in technology have increased the amount of goods and services that can be produced in a set amount of time, wages have remained relatively flat, the study points out.

Even if the minimum wage kept up with inflation since it peaked in real value in the late 1960s, low-wage workers should be earning a minimum of $10.52 an hour, according to the study."
Minimum Wage Would Be 21.72 If It Kept Pace With Increases In Productivity Study

Yes... Minimum Wage should be $25... that way the Minimum Burger would be $35... Good Burgers $55...

Now, I ask ya, how is a person making minimum wage going to afford a hamburger of you get your way?

LOL! You people are clueless.
That's been proven false many times over. If a CEO is making millions and the prices stay low raising wages of workers won't matter much if at all.
Thats not been proven. That is a nonsense talking point. Most CEO's have compensation tied into corporate performance and make their real money in stock, not wages....

Maybe we should force everyone's job compensation to business success. If your McDonald's is profitable, you can have a bigger paycheck. If its having a shitty year, your paycheck reflects that as well..

10.10 might be more economical. It is a balancing game...Of course, 10.10 per hour + a cap on ceo pay to encourage higher pay to the employees might be better.
I wish 10.10 was enough....its not. We need more CEO's like that guy in Seattle but it takes Government force to make sure people can live with a decent wage.
Force?

If it wasn't for government force there'd be slave labor, child labor and a business could shit in your food in you'd have to like it.

Why anyone would even CONSIDER mcdoobys or Walmart is beyond me. Talk about lowering yourself to companies that have a hatred for you even if you are a hard worker. Not even if I am losing my house would I ever stoop that low. They don't like their good workers, much less their bad ones.

No McDonald's doesn't believe in promotions all that much and does not want good workers. Their model is high turnover, low wages even for their best workers.
Here is a clue for you.....

McDonald's is NOT a career. Its a starter job.
Neither you nor anyone else gets to decide that. Period.
Then decide to work an unskilled job for minimum wage. It's a free country, so it's your choice.

Say waa?....Fight for minimum wage stinky jobs and thank the democrat party for keeping you on the government plantation.

10.10 might be more economical. It is a balancing game...Of course, 10.10 per hour + a cap on ceo pay to encourage higher pay to the employees might be better.
I wish 10.10 was enough....its not. We need more CEO's like that guy in Seattle but it takes Government force to make sure people can live with a decent wage.
Force?

If it wasn't for government force there'd be slave labor, child labor and a business could shit in your food in you'd have to like it.
And do you believe that Government Force is appropriate in strong-arming a $15-per-hour minimum wage?

No McDonald's doesn't believe in promotions all that much and does not want good workers. Their model is high turnover, low wages even for their best workers.

Thats right. Because applying thought to a situation is forbidden in your world. It is not, however, in mine.

Why anyone would even CONSIDER mcdoobys or Walmart is beyond me. Talk about lowering yourself to companies that have a hatred for you even if you are a hard worker. Not even if I am losing my house would I ever stoop that low. They don't like their good workers, much less their bad ones.
Well, thats just crazy talk. A person does what they have to do to keep the wolves at bay.

No one says you have to remain at those jobs.

Take the job....after you are done with your shift, go out and look for a better job.

Each

and

every

day.

One gets trained in a profession that pays well. Its called a college education or tech school so one does not have to work in a disgusting cesspool of a fast food pit or large retail like Walmart. Anything less than $25 per hour starting out in today's world, forget about it. Its all about personal responsibility. If everyone aspired and worked towards a degree of some type , those low wage jobs would remain unfilled which would be a win for the economy.

One gets trained in a profession that pays well. Its called a college education or tech school so one does not have to work in a disgusting cesspool of a fast food pit or large retail like Walmart. Anything less than $25 per hour starting out in today's world, forget about it. Its all about personal responsibility. If everyone aspired and worked towards a degree of some type , those low wage jobs would remain unfilled which would be a win for the economy.
Again, you take what you can to survive. I have a degree, I'm working toward My masters. That would not stop Me from taking any job if I needed one.

I simply would not stay at that job very long.

Elitism and snobbery because you have earned a degree is unjustified.

$15 an hour is more of this entitlement mentality. I deserve this and that nonsense. If I offered them $1 million dollars to find a better paying job in a month, they'd have one in a few days. It's about motivation!
f6f7c91ab58c7b13c72ac21c14673ad3.jpg
e447b936ea78c23e33a0e43927156081.jpg
147c82b70b587293b0ff38c0f0376353.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"The minimum wage should have reached $21.72 an hour in 2012 if it kept up with increases in worker productivity, according to a March study by the Center for Economic and Policy Research...

Minimum wage workers do not drive the increase in worker productivity and the costs associated with that increase (technological advances) require significant financial resources. Be aware that the price to be paid for higher wages is more automation and fewer bottom rung jobs.

Micky D's and Walmart would be total shitholes to be employed at and why any adult applies to them is beyond me. Another reason to get educated with a college degree.
And go into debt for 25 years. Brilliant! What about those that either can't afford,don't have good enough grades or just don't wan to go to college? They should just be thrown to the way side and to hell with them making decent wages?
Over the grand scheme of things $25 thousand over 4 years isntxthat bad especially if yoyr degree is in something other than Women's Studies, and basket weaving.
If one has bad grades or doesnt wish to pursue higher educationdon't expect the rest of society to pick up the slack for your happiness wants and needs.
Live within your means and if you want MORE work for it!

Do YOU know anyone who wants to make McDonald's a lifetime career choice?
I certainly don't

Forum List

Back