Protests for $15-an-hour wages set to expand Wednesday

No McDonald's doesn't believe in promotions all that much and does not want good workers. Their model is high turnover, low wages even for their best workers.
Here is a clue for you.....

McDonald's is NOT a career. Its a starter job.
Neither you nor anyone else gets to decide that. Period.
Then decide to work an unskilled job for minimum wage. It's a free country, so it's your choice.
Neither of us is unskilled....wife and I both had to pass state testing requirements to get licensed in what we do. She made better when we lived in NC but not enough....and that was only because she was 3rd shift and weekends as well...
10.10 might be more economical. It is a balancing game...Of course, 10.10 per hour + a cap on ceo pay to encourage higher pay to the employees might be better.
I wish 10.10 was enough....its not. We need more CEO's like that guy in Seattle but it takes Government force to make sure people can live with a decent wage.
Force?

If it wasn't for government force there'd be slave labor, child labor and a business could shit in your food in you'd have to like it.
And do you believe that Government Force is appropriate in strong-arming a $15-per-hour minimum wage?
Absolutely. The companies themselves have had MORE than enough time to raise the wages....its governments job to ensure EVERY citizen is enjoying a certain standard of living.
$15 an hour is more of this entitlement mentality. I deserve this and that nonsense. If I offered them $1 million dollars to find a better paying job in a month, they'd have one in a few days. It's about motivation!
f6f7c91ab58c7b13c72ac21c14673ad3.jpg
e447b936ea78c23e33a0e43927156081.jpg
147c82b70b587293b0ff38c0f0376353.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wonder who's troll acct this is....can't be this stupid this fast.

No McDonald's doesn't believe in promotions all that much and does not want good workers. Their model is high turnover, low wages even for their best workers.

Do YOU know anyone who wants to make McDonald's a lifetime career choice?
I certainly don't
Want's to ? No. Has to? Yes.

I certainly don't
Anyone working in fast food as a career has made a CHOICE.
They deal with the consequences of that choice as everyone does.

I certainly don't
Anyone working in fast food as a career has made a CHOICE.
They deal with the consequences of that choice as everyone does.
Bullshit. They get a job and they get stuck there...maybe they have kids maybe they have student loan debt maybe they are helping family who knows no one WANTS to work in these places and NO ONE should be paid shit wages.You are missing the whole thing that the CEO of McDonalds and all other fast food joints WORKS FOR THOSE JOINTS AS WELL! Do you see them making min wage? Or even less than a livable wage? I sure in the hell don't.

Odium

If you think the government owes you a certain standard of living, maybe you should look into a government job (if qualified), or welfare.

On the few occasions I've found no convenient location for lunch other than a McDonalds I've been reminded that the company definitely subjects all potential employees to an intelligence test.

One which they must fail in order to be hired.

When ordering always remember to end each and every sentence with "NO FUCKING CHEESE".

My17 y/o daughter will graduate from high school with an associates degree from a community college an LPN certification from a career center.
She'll be 2 years ahead of other students, plans on getting her RN in nursing and then specializing, current choice in the OR.
Where does she work? Wendy's.
Helps pay for her car insurance, college savings and for her to buy things she wants.
Perfect job to apply social skills and learn responsibility.

It's not a job meant to support a family of 4.

My17 y/o daughter will graduate from high school with an associates degree from a community college an LPN certification from a career center.
She'll be 2 years ahead of other students, plans on getting her RN in nursing and then specializing, current choice in the OR.
Where does she work? Wendy's.
Helps pay for her car insurance, college savings and for her to buy things she wants.
Perfect job to apply social skills and learn responsibility.

It's not a job meant to support a family of 4.
Not everyone is perfect but those that try SHOULD NOT BE PAID A LOW WAGE! They should ALL be paid a wage they can live off of...I HATE forcing companies to pay livable wages but they have brought it on themselves. The US is SO far behind all other civilized nations in SO many ways. We punish people for working,we punish people for wanting to be educated,we punish people for wanting to get healthcare without going broke! Its time this SHIT ends!

Someone has a sever case of envy and victimhood.
I have a severe case of getting FUCKED while my employer makes MILLIONS off my hard work. I would not mind going French Revolution on ALL assholes who refuse to pay their workers livable wages but whine their million dollar salaries aren't enough and their multimillion dollar bonuses aren't enough but raising the wage of your workers would "bankrupt the company" they either meet our demands or we use force. Its pretty simple.

Someone has a sever case of envy and victimhood.
I have a severe case of getting FUCKED while my employer makes MILLIONS off my hard work. I would not mind going French Revolution on ALL assholes who refuse to pay their workers livable wages but whine their million dollar salaries aren't enough and their multimillion dollar bonuses aren't enough but raising the wage of your workers would "bankrupt the company" they either meet our demands or we use force. Its pretty simple.

Oh yes, you should try this... BTW... I doubt anyone made much of anything off your labors.

:lol:

Forum List

Back