Protests for $15-an-hour wages set to expand Wednesday

10.10 might be more economical. It is a balancing game...Of course, 10.10 per hour + a cap on ceo pay to encourage higher pay to the employees might be better.
I wish 10.10 was enough....its not. We need more CEO's like that guy in Seattle but it takes Government force to make sure people can live with a decent wage.

10.10 might be more economical. It is a balancing game...Of course, 10.10 per hour + a cap on ceo pay to encourage higher pay to the employees might be better.

Can I decide a cap on your pay?

I aint making 300 times my employee's. Certainly, not fucking over the people that work hard to make me my wealth.

Can I decide a cap on your pay?

I aint making 300 times my employee's. Certainly, not fucking over the people that work hard to make me my wealth.

So what? Who decides what the fair limit is? 100 times? 50 times? 10 times? Compared to a homeless person on the street you are a wealthy millionaire so can I put a cap on your salary and give the rest to a soup kitchen to make it fair or are you too consumed with greed to help your fellow man?

Unions got higher wages in the auto industry and the auto industry didn't collapse or suffer for it. Higher minimum wage isn't going to put fast food places out of business. So their CEOs make 200 instead of 300 times a line worker, sorry but no sympathy here.

• Thanks
Reactions: -S-
I do hate to keep pointing this out but the minimum wage is not and never was meant to be a so called living wage it was meant to be the starting point for high school kids looking for a job or those entering the workforce right out of high school.

I wish 10.10 was enough....its not. We need more CEO's like that guy in Seattle but it takes Government force to make sure people can live with a decent wage.
You want $30K for a job a goofy high school kid (with no skills) will do where he can make some gas money while hanging out with his equally goofy friends?

Let me know how that works out for you. I'm sure it won't be pretty.

$10 an hour is solely a very low wage job that is only meant for kids to do. Anything less than $20 an hour for a working adult is too low Get a college education or further training and don't start out at some low wage like $17 per hour which frankly is a slave wage offered by a piss poor low life employee.

I do hate to keep pointing this out but the minimum wage is not and never was meant to be a so called living wage it was meant to be the starting point for high school kids looking for a job or those entering the workforce right out of high school.
That's YOUR opinion. SOMEONE will ALWAYS have to take the trash out,cook the burgers etc...they DO NOT deserve low wages. Period. This is a human rights issue and if the results of Wal Mart and McDonalds raising wages is any clue we are winning.

That's YOUR opinion. SOMEONE will ALWAYS have to take the trash out,cook the burgers etc...they DO NOT deserve low wages. Period. This is a human rights issue and if the results of Wal Mart and McDonalds raising wages is any clue we are winning.
No that is fact just beacuse you can't accept it doesn't change it.

Unions got higher wages in the auto industry and the auto industry didn't collapse or suffer for it. Higher minimum wage isn't going to put fast food places out of business. So their CEOs make 200 instead of 300 times a line worker, sorry but no sympathy here.

Unions got higher wages in the auto industry and the auto industry didn't collapse or suffer for it.

Umm...our auto industry shrank down to 3 companies, 2 of which collapsed under their unsustainable pension systems. They now have multi-tiered wage structures.

Higher minimum wage isn't going to put fast food places out of business.

It'll put some out of business. It'll reduce the revenue of others.
Both results will end in lower employment of minimum wage workers.

New Topics

Forum List

Back