Prosecutor Fired for Attending Conference

The ClayTaurus said:
Something cheesy, like, "fighting racist blacks by being racist whites gets you nowhere." The idea of race needs to be downplayed so that everyone can focus on their citizenship.

and how do you suggest that be accomplished? We have people that are mighty proud of thier race and getting good benefits from it.

dilloduck said:
and how do you suggest that be accomplished? We have people that are mighty proud of thier race and getting good benefits from it.

yes. "New Orleans will be a chocolate city."

rtwngAvngr said:
So as long as there's the possiblity of dicrimination against anyone, there must be instiutionalized discrimination against white people. Is this your position? So you really DON'T believe white people have the right to NOT be discriminated against based on skin color. Self loathing does not equal enlightenment.
So as long as white people don't face institutionalized discrimination, the possibility of discrimination against others is ok (or perhaps not of your concern). Is this your position? Self involvement does not equal enlightenment either.

If you're pissed that there's an NAACP, starting an NAAWP is not the solution to anything other than perpetuation of the cycle.

The ClayTaurus said:
So as long as white people don't face institutionalized discrimination, the possibility of discrimination against others is ok (or perhaps not of your concern). Is this your position? Self involvement does not equal enlightenment either.

If you're pissed that there's an NAACP, starting an NAAWP is not the solution to anything other than perpetuation of the cycle.

There shouldn't be any discrimination anywhere. Guaranteeing discrimination against whites does nothing to help the situation, unless revenge is the goal. Is revenge the goal? Are you against Affirmative Action? Seems like you've flipped.

The ClayTaurus said:
Which races aren't institutionally discriminated against?

Illegally? All of them.

Legally? Whites.

I read your idea of down-playing race.

How do you do that? When we have the NAACP, the United Negro College Fund, The Association of Black Mayors, etc.?

Those organizations are doing anything but playing down race.

dilloduck said:
Sorry, I don't have a 12 step program for getting people to stop being so hung up on their race. My bet? Much like many white Americans no longer have less than 5-6 different european countries in their heritage, so too will it happen across the races. America is a tolerant country, and much like Italians and Irish no longer fight and kill and discriminate against each other as they did 150 years ago, so is my hope for the future between different races. Is it a pipe dream? Maybe a bit; I don't expect racism to ever dissappear, but I do expect that racial mixing will help to calm everyone down over the course of the next 100 years.

The ClayTaurus said:
Which races aren't institutionally discriminated against?

I mean legally, by intention and with approval at the highest levels, dookeyburger.

The ClayTaurus said:
Sorry, I don't have a 12 step program for getting people to stop being so hung up on their race. My bet? Much like many white Americans no longer have less than 5-6 different european countries in their heritage, so too will it happen across the races. America is a tolerant country, and much like Italians and Irish no longer fight and kill and discriminate against each other as they did 150 years ago, so is my hope for the future between different races. Is it a pipe dream? Maybe a bit; I don't expect racism to ever dissappear, but I do expect that racial mixing will help to calm everyone down over the course of the next 100 years.

Don't you believe getting rid of legal racial discrimination might help?

rtwngAvngr said:
There shouldn't be any discrimination anywhere. Guaranteeing discrimination against whites does nothing to help the situation, unless revenge is the goal. Is revenge the goal? Are you against Affirmative Action? Seems like you've flipped.
My position of affirmative action remains rock solid constant.

Revenge seems like it's your goal. Gotta get back at the blacks for trying to get back at the whites.

GotZoom said:
Illegally? All of them.

Legally? Whites.

I read your idea of down-playing race.

How do you do that? When we have the NAACP, the United Negro College Fund, The Association of Black Mayors, etc.?

Those organizations are doing anything but playing down race.
Not entirely sure, but I know for a fact that you don't do it by creating the NAAWP.

The ClayTaurus said:

You certainly toned down your attitude...lol..took the easy way out.

Now all we have to do is wait a hundred years and we'll be ok.

The ClayTaurus said:
My position of affirmative action remains rock solid constant.

Revenge seems like it's your goal. Gotta get back at the blacks for trying to get back at the whites.

So you're against it too. why are you accusing me of baseless crap then? Because I actually TALK about my opposition to it?

The ClayTaurus said:
Not entirely sure, but I know for a fact that you don't do it by creating the NAAWP.

Why not? If African-Americans can do it, why can't the caucasians?

We're equal right?

Equal treatment..isn't that the goal?

rtwngAvngr said:
So you're against it too. why are accusing me of baseless crap then? Because I actually TALK about my opposition to it?
You're the one who wants to celebrate white people for creating our society. Yay America! Thanks white people!

GotZoom said:
Why not? If African-Americans can do it, why can't the caucasians?

We're equal right?

Equal treatment..isn't that the goal?
Sure it'd be equal; it'd also be perpetuating the cycle.

Forum List

Back