For NATO: Recruits and Not Disneyland

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Annie, Mar 5, 2006.

1. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chicago/chi-0603050015mar05,1,6658149.story

2. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    Ah good ol battle stations.

It is good they are making it more realistic by investing in this. During an actual casualty on the ship back in July 2004, I actually remembered my training from one of the Battle Stations events (the ordinance evac, where ordinance is removed from a magazine that is being flooded to prevent a fire nearby from blowing us all to hell if it came into contact with the various bombs and what not in the ship's weapons magazine) but the low-tech portrayal of weapons mags is at least 20 years out of date.

Its also a good event for the recruits, values like teamwork and sacrifice are finally and completely instilled in them, or they will not be able to finish the event and graduate from recruit to sailor.

Someone (or someone (s) ) always gets injured, and the other sailors are given the choice to carry them through or leave them behind to try again. I have yet to hear of a group of sailors leaving someone behind.

3. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    That is a good thing! :thup: