Progressive Lawmakers Want To Make GOP 'Put Up Or Shut Up' On Bush Tax Cuts

the GOP may have a hard time convincing their new tparty toddlers that they were supposed to be just kidding with all that election talk about budgets. grinding the budget axe in a lame recovery will be a spectacle in hypocrisy is my guess.

Well rightwinger, put up or shut up, do you want to add 700 billion dollars to the deficit by extending tax cuts for the top 2% richest or don't you want to add to the deficit? Where's that fiscal responsibility? :D

One vote was needed, said the Ohio Democrat, who would, ostensibly, get to cast that vote before she leaves office. The House should use its current majority to pass permanent relief to the middle class while letting the rates for income over $250,000-a-year go back to pre-Bush levels. That would pass the burden to the Senate, at which point Republicans will have to "put up or shut up."

heh...poor, poor D's have simply lost their fucking minds: The buck would stop on BARACK HUSSEIN's Desk.

Of course they will, it doesn't take a genius to figure out that taking more money out of the private sector will even further stifle growth and the notion that the budget deficit is because 2% of the population isn't paying enough taxes is a fool's folly.

This idiotic class warfare shit has to stop.

Well rightwinger, put up or shut up, do you want to add 700 billion dollars to the deficit by extending tax cuts for the top 2% richest or don't you want to add to the deficit? Where's that fiscal responsibility? :D

Once again you use the huffinton as a news source.

Why?

do you lack the ability to think or focus longer than a gerbil?

How about instead of fucking over the whole economy and all Americans by fucking over the people that hire the rest of us.

We cut government spending?

There are lots and lots of things that can be cut or even closed down.

But your small mind is forced, by the media you take as fact, to focus only on tax cuts.

the republican gawdawful record on curtailing government spending seems to have some other people's media driven hopes crossed with reality, too.

Of course they will, it doesn't take a genius to figure out that taking more money out of the private sector will even further stifle growth and the notion that the budget deficit is because 2% of the population isn't paying enough taxes is a fool's folly.

Hard to say that shat when greedy ashwipes from the private sector is pocketing the money and not creating jobs and investing it in the economy. Extending the tax cuts for those 2% will add 700 billion to the deficit, now the fack is that helping growth?

So what your saying is we should raise taxes in an economic downtown to keep from losing revenue?

You really don't know how economics works do you?

Hard to say that shat when greedy ashwipes from the private sector is pocketing the money and not creating jobs and investing it in the economy. Extending the tax cuts for those 2% will add 700 billion to the deficit, now the fack is that helping growth?

:eusa_wall:

Ok, lets say it is $700 billion in one year.

That 700 comes from profit, that profit pays peoples wages, if those wages don't go up, b/c the person that pays them has less, the fed does not take in more taxes from those wage earners. if the wage earners income does not go up, they don't buy as much, causing the fed to loose more money. Since demand for products didn't go up, there is no reason to hire people to produce more, therefore the fed looses money and so do top earners.

It's economics, not mathmatics. You are being focused only on the math. economics is vast and complicated.

Raising taxes as some kind of revenge only fucks you over in the end.

What the hell are you talking about? Of course they created jobs.....in China, Korea, Mexico........

So what your saying is we should raise taxes in an economic downtown to keep from losing revenue?

You really don't know how economics works do you?

I have a passing familiarity with how economics works, and I believe we should let the temporary tax cuts expire on the top 1% or so of earners to prevent further deterioration of our fiscal position.

the GOP may have a hard time convincing their new tparty toddlers that they were supposed to be just kidding with all that election talk about budgets. grinding the budget axe in a lame recovery will be a spectacle in hypocrisy is my guess.

The Tea Party does not care. They want to cut taxes and balance the budget at the same time. They love to talk about cutting spending, but when pressed for specifics they reply....I intend to cut waste!

Better yet... Keep the stuff I benefit from and cut the things others benefit from

You lack a fundamental understanding of, well, fundamentals.

The Tea Party does not care. They want to cut taxes and balance the budget at the same time. They love to talk about cutting spending, but when pressed for specifics they reply....I intend to cut waste!

Better yet... Keep the stuff I benefit from and cut the things others benefit from

That's how it works, and has worked. I have little reason to think it may change.

Hopefully the TEA party will change the way things are done and look at the big picture. Right now there are not enough of them to make actual change, maybe in 2012. By 2014 we will know if it was all just a lot of hot air and there will be no doubt in anyones head that it's all just the same.

Forum List

Back