Progressive Lawmakers Want To Make GOP 'Put Up Or Shut Up' On Bush Tax Cuts

The dirty little secret that the Marxists/Progressives won't admit is, profits must be earned or it all comes to s screeching halt at some point.

Progressive Lawmakers Want To Make GOP 'Put Up Or Shut Up' On Bush Tax Cuts

Well rightwinger, put up or shut up, do you want to add 700 billion dollars to the deficit by extending tax cuts for the top 2% richest or don't you want to add to the deficit? Where's that fiscal responsibility? :D

Once again you use the huffinton as a news source.

Why?
Ah, yes, 'cause....after all....like ReRon Reagan said:

"Facts are stubborn things."

:eusa_whistle:

THANK YOU.

I knew it was bs that he was talking about. Only an accountant that can know the exact wording of what comes on goes where on books would use such semantics.

W/o profits there is no payday, for anyone, and soon there will be no work.

You don't need to be a CPA to realize that wages aren't paid out of profits - that's not "BS I'm talking about." And without profit according to their accountants, many of the US's largest companies still pay employees - and have been doing so for a long time.

No company can lose money and continue to make payroll. Yes, it can be done via cash reserves, but at the end of the day, companies must be profitable to remain in business and ultimately make payroll.

I never said the companies were losing money. I said that according to their CPA's (who file their taxes) they had no profit. That's why 25% or more of large companies pay no taxes every year, even during an expansion.

Giving tax cuts for the richest 2% isn't going to do shat to decrease the deficit, that trickle down shat has been proven to be ineffective and a prime reason for why we have debt, so stop telling me that stupid shat about cutting spending and reducing government when you rightwing asshats don't even have a facking clue what it is that you want to do. You've already spoken the magical lying words that cutting spending and reducing government is the remedy, now its time to facking put up or shut up, your facking working are not going to fix the deficit.

Seriously, you should stop already. You sound like an insolent child who didn't get a pony for his birthday.

You don't need to be a CPA to realize that wages aren't paid out of profits - that's not "BS I'm talking about." And without profit according to their accountants, many of the US's largest companies still pay employees - and have been doing so for a long time.

No company can lose money and continue to make payroll. Yes, it can be done via cash reserves, but at the end of the day, companies must be profitable to remain in business and ultimately make payroll.

I never said the companies were losing money. I said that according to their CPA's (who file their taxes) they had no profit. That's why 25% or more of large companies pay no taxes every year, even during an expansion.

No, that's exactly what you said. You made no distinction between cash flow vs. accrual.

A company can have positive cash flow and book losses. Cash flow, which is the true indicator of profits, cannot continue in the red for long; even in the public sector.

Last edited:
Revenues.

If the money was used to pay your wage, it wouldn't be profit.

Are you an accountant?

Where do revenues come from?

I am a CPA.

Revenues come from sales of goods and/or services. I will tell you this, while wages aren't paid from profits, without profits, you will not be receiving wages for very long.

End of story.

Payroll is a pre-tax expense. Personal tax rates of owners (Regardless of that owner's bracket) have zero impact on payroll budgets.

Source: I'm a business owner.

THANK YOU.

I knew it was bs that he was talking about. Only an accountant that can know the exact wording of what comes on goes where on books would use such semantics.

W/o profits there is no payday, for anyone, and soon there will be no work.

And once again, the tax rate the owners pay is unrelated to this.

Of course they will, it doesn't take a genius to figure out that taking more money out of the private sector will even further stifle growth and the notion that the budget deficit is because 2% of the population isn't paying enough taxes is a fool's folly.

This idiotic class warfare shit has to stop.

Hard to say that shat when greedy ashwipes from the private sector is pocketing the money and not creating jobs and investing it in the economy.

Giving tax cuts for the richest 2% isn't going to do shat to decrease the deficit, that trickle down shat has been proven to be ineffective and a prime reason for why we have debt, so stop telling me that stupid shat about cutting spending and reducing government when you rightwing asshats don't even have a facking clue what it is that you want to do. You've already spoken the magical lying words that cutting spending and reducing government is the remedy, now its time to facking put up or shut up, your facking working are not going to fix the deficit.

Seriously, you should stop already. You sound like an insolent child who didn't get a pony for his birthday.

So you don't have a facking clue what it is that Repugs plan on doing, see, you proved me right.

Taxes affect capital markets. Period. While you are correct that if you make $100,000 and your effective tax rate is 35%, but it changes to 45% you aren't necessarily going to lay off people, and I certainly haven't argued otherwise, at the end of the day, at some point you will assess whether there are other avenues for your capital that may be taxed in a more favorable manner.

Last edited:

So you don't have a facking clue what it is that Repugs plan on doing, see, you proved me right.

No, you proved you haven't a clue what you are talking about. You're regurgitating Olberman talking points which have no basis in reality.

Taxes affect capital markets. Period. While you are correct that if you make $100,000 and your effective tax rate is 35%, but it changes to 45% you aren't necessarily going to lay off people, and I certainly haven't argued otherwise, at the end of the day, at some point you will assess whether there are other avenues for your capital that may be taxed in a more favorable manner.

Feels a little bit like that guy is holding the government hostage, don't it?

The problem most of the Marxists/Progressives on this board have, they haven't a fundamental understanding of the purpose/role of government and private enterprise.
....But, we DO know BU$HENOMIC$!!!!!!!!!!!

Debt and deficits: Whenever a Bush is president, private debt and government deficits seem to grow. Middle- and low-income Americans borrow to offset the income squeeze of recessions. The hallmark of Bush economics during both presidencies has been favoritism toward capital over workers. Federal budget deficits have soared because of a combination of upper-bracket tax favors, middle-income job shrinkage, big federal spending to hype election-year economic growth, huge defense outlays and overseas military spending for the wars in Iraq and elsewhere. Imperial hubris costs a lot of money.

Feels a little bit like that guy is holding the government hostage, don't it?

No, it's called common sense. Unless of course when you go shopping, seek out the highest price, lowest quality item.

And you're a business owner? I think that statement is unraveling.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back