Progressive Lawmakers Want To Make GOP 'Put Up Or Shut Up' On Bush Tax Cuts

OK

Then where does the money come from that pays my wage?

Revenues.

If the money was used to pay your wage, it wouldn't be profit.

Are you an accountant?

Where do revenues come from?

I am a CPA.

Revenues come from sales of goods and/or services. I will tell you this, while wages aren't paid from profits, without profits, you will not be receiving wages for very long.

End of story.

The problem most of the Marxists/Progressives on this board have, they haven't a fundamental understanding of the purpose/role of government and private enterprise.

Last edited:
Why is it so hard to understand that money that our government confiscates from us is not their money. Start cutting big government. Im for the people not the government.

In the mind of the Marxist/Progressive, it is their money. They abhor the notion of personal property rights. They're Statists.

Revenues.

Are you an accountant?

Revenues are the gross amount you take in. You subtract wages and other expenditures and profit is what you end up with.

Without which you will not be receiving wages for very long, unless of course, you work for the government... then you just borrow and print.

Why is it so hard to understand that money that our government confiscates from us is not their money. Start cutting big government. Im for the people not the government.

Its not the governments money. It is all of our money. It goes to pay for programs that benefit the society as a whole. Military, schools, roads, police and fire protection.

Your taxes are what you pay for belonging to a society

what were the tax rates on the 1%ers during our best economic times?

Why did we have such a shitty job creation under Bush if these low tax rates for the 1% are so effective?.

The facts dont jive with your caviling

what were the tax rates on the 1%ers during our best economic times?

Why did we have such a shitty job creation under Bush if these low tax rates for the 1% are so effective?.

The facts dont jive with your caviling

Oh palease.. enough of your penis-envy. Get a clue. Better yet, get a life and a job.

Revenues.

Are you an accountant?

I am a CPA.

Revenues come from sales of goods and/or services. I will tell you this, while wages aren't paid from profits, without profits, you will not be receiving wages for very long.

End of story.

THANK YOU.

I knew it was bs that he was talking about. Only an accountant that can know the exact wording of what comes on goes where on books would use such semantics.

W/o profits there is no payday, for anyone, and soon there will be no work.

Its not the governments money. It is all of our money. It goes to pay for programs that benefit the society as a whole. Military, schools, roads, police and fire protection.

Your taxes are what you pay for belonging to a society

I agree with you somewhat, rightwinger. Military, roads, police, fire.....no problem paying for these services. In fact, I give a lot to these guys, besides taxes, through charities and such. They do give back to the society. But, we could easily cut 20 percent out of each agency and survive just fine AND by doing this we could even lower our taxes.

Of course they will, it doesn't take a genius to figure out that taking more money out of the private sector will even further stifle growth and the notion that the budget deficit is because 2% of the population isn't paying enough taxes is a fool's folly.
Ah, yes....after all....look at alllllllllllllllllll o' those jobs that were created, with eight-years of tax-cut$.....as-opposed to those created with Clinton's tax-increases (the rates to which we'd return).

It doesn't take a genius to figure out that you "conservatives" have never been all-that-handy with actual-Facts.

303.gif

Are you an accountant?

I am a CPA.

End of story.

THANK YOU.

I knew it was bs that he was talking about. Only an accountant that can know the exact wording of what comes on goes where on books would use such semantics.

You don't need to be a CPA to realize that wages aren't paid out of profits - that's not "BS I'm talking about." And without profit according to their accountants, many of the US's largest companies still pay employees - and have been doing so for a long time.

Revenues.

Are you an accountant?

I am a CPA.

End of story.

I wish that were alway's true, yet if one is employed by Government, or a Company being Subsidized by the Government, the Charade will continue. ;)

Are you an accountant?

No.

That depends on where you work. in most common instances, revenues come from either customers or investors, but there are myriad different places.

So I am right, I'm just not specific. The "verbage" was off.

If you're fine with calling an apple an elephant, then you are "right". but words have meanings, and your words weren't just unspecific, they were wrong.

I am a CPA.

End of story.

THANK YOU.

You don't need to be a CPA to realize that wages aren't paid out of profits - that's not "BS I'm talking about." And without profit according to their accountants, many of the US's largest companies still pay employees - and have been doing so for a long time.

No company can lose money and continue to make payroll. Yes, it can be done via cash reserves, but at the end of the day, companies must be profitable to remain in business and ultimately make payroll.

Are you an accountant?

I am a CPA.

End of story.

I wish that were alway's true, yet if one is employed by Government, or a Company being Subsidized by the Government, the Charade will continue. ;)

Not indefinitely my friend... as we are seeing.

Giving tax cuts for the richest 2% isn't going to do shat to decrease the deficit, that trickle down shat has been proven to be ineffective and a prime reason for why we have debt, so stop telling me that stupid shat about cutting spending and reducing government when you rightwing asshats don't even have a facking clue what it is that you want to do. You've already spoken the magical lying words that cutting spending and reducing government is the remedy, now its time to facking put up or shut up, your facking working are not going to fix the deficit.

New Topics

Forum List

Back