Private Morality

"With public revulsion rising in response to snowballing accusations that Bill Cosby victimized women in serial fashion throughout his trailblazing career, the response from those in the know has been: What took so long?

For decades, entertainers have been able to maintain custody of their image, regardless of their conduct. Many had entire crews of dust busters who came behind them and cleaned up their messes.

Those days are history. It doesn’t really matter now what the courts or the press do or decide. When enough evidence and pushback rears into view, a new apparatus takes over, one that is viral, relentless and not going to forgive or forget."

Or maybe when you are an "aspiring actress", which is one step below "Stripper" and one step above "Hooters Waitress", people just don't take you terribly seriously when you claim that you were so offended by the guys behavior you went back and saw him several more times and had the same thing happen.

Answer the questions, coward.

"Sixteen women have publicly stated that Cosby, now 77, sexually assaulted them, with 12 saying he drugged them first and another saying he tried to drug her."

1. Would you give him a standing ovation?

2. In your estimation, is rape simply ignored as part of his 'private life'?

Answer the two questions.
Do it now!

I did.

Did you have anything else to add to the conversation.

Answer the questions, coward....it only takes two word.

"Sixteen women have publicly stated that Cosby, now 77, sexually assaulted them, with 12 saying he drugged them first and another saying he tried to drug her."

1. Would you give him a standing ovation?

2. In your estimation, is rape simply ignored as part of his 'private life'?

Answer the two questions.
Do it now!

I did. Go back and read what I said.

(Man, I'm just enjoying the shit out of this.)

No, you didn't.

But if you would like to continue lying....

...it would only take two words to dig yourself out of this hole.

Destroying you has become far too easy.

Watch:

"Reagan’s healthcare mandate
In 1986, the GOP icon signed a law that requires hospitals to treat poor people and undocumented immigrants"

Again, y es, I'm watching you make a complete retard out of yourself and it just isn't pretty.

Great, huh...I prove it and you keep lying.
And that was Leftist Slate mag, too.

"With public revulsion rising in response to snowballing accusations that Bill Cosby victimized women in serial fashion throughout his trailblazing career, the response from those in the know has been: What took so long?

For decades, entertainers have been able to maintain custody of their image, regardless of their conduct. Many had entire crews of dust busters who came behind them and cleaned up their messes.

Those days are history. It doesn’t really matter now what the courts or the press do or decide. When enough evidence and pushback rears into view, a new apparatus takes over, one that is viral, relentless and not going to forgive or forget."

Or maybe when you are an "aspiring actress", which is one step below "Stripper" and one step above "Hooters Waitress", people just don't take you terribly seriously when you claim that you were so offended by the guys behavior you went back and saw him several more times and had the same thing happen.

Answer the questions, liar.

It doesn't matter what you claim. Saying an Emergency Room has to keep you from dying right there is NOT universal health coverage. This was the point I was making in context I can only assume you are too retarded to understand.

That's exactly what it is, liar.

No. I said you obviously took away the wrong idea about Lot's moral failings. You seem to be under the impression that the Bible portrays his failings as something to be admired when Abraham warned him not to sully himself with those disgusting pagans in the first place. At the same time you talk about absolute moral failings while you say there are no absolutes. You're hysterical. Do you hear yourself? Obviously not. You relativists are really crazy.

Okay, a few points here.

First, the Bible says that GOD considered Lot to be someone worth saving. He dispatched TWO ANGELS to go down and get him and his family out of there. furthermore, the New Testament called Lot "Righteous". 2 Peter 2:7-8.

second, nowhere did Abraham tell Lot any such thing. In fact, not only did Lot move in with the Sodomites in Genesis 13, when another kind went to war with S&G in Genesis 14 and took Lot hostage, Abraham joined the kings of the "Cities of the Plains" in fighting that King off.

Thirdly, I never said there were no moral absolutes. I just said the Bible wasn't the place to look for them unless you are a complete sociopath.

Lot was counted righteous for his faith in God in spite of his foibles. And your idea that God's standard of absolute moral perfection is sociopathic is just nuts. It just shows you don't understand anything, let alone the reason Christ came and gave his life on our behalf. So since you think you are righteous and above the redemptive work of Christ, you remain in your sin.

Luke 18:11-14

The Pharisee stood and was praying this to himself: ‘God, I thank You that I am not like other people: swindlers, unjust, adulterers, or even like this tax collector. 12‘I fast twice a week; I pay tithes of all that I get.’ 13“But the tax collector, standing some distance away, was even unwilling to lift up his eyes to heaven, but was beating his breast, saying, ‘God, be merciful to me, the sinner!’ 14“I tell you, this man went to his house justified rather than the other; for everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, but he who humbles himself will be exalted.”

While the Act was enacted for the noble purpose of insuring that poor patients received the same care that more wealthy and insured patients can receive, the emergency room system of universal health care has proven to be extremely costly."

Which again, has nothing to do with the context I was bringing up, that health insurance costs so much because we failed to enact SINGLE PAYER UNIVERSAL COVERAGE to get costs under control.

Which you tried to pass off as "It's okay that your wages have gone down since 1980, becuase your kind and benevloent employer is paying more money for crappier health insurance."

the logical fallacy in the o/p is the implication that there are only two extremes, pretending you have no morality absent the bible, and some marxian a-religious philosophy.

the reality is that one doesn't need the bible to be moral. and, frankly, i have seen some pretty immoral spew from some of the most self-styled religious types on this board and in real life.

just saying.

While the Act was enacted for the noble purpose of insuring that poor patients received the same care that more wealthy and insured patients can receive, the emergency room system of universal health care has proven to be extremely costly."

Which again, has nothing to do with the context I was bringing up, that health insurance costs so much because we failed to enact SINGLE PAYER UNIVERSAL COVERAGE to get costs under control.

Which you tried to pass off as "It's okay that your wages have gone down since 1980, becuase your kind and benevloent employer is paying more money for crappier health insurance."

It doesn't matter what you claim. Saying an Emergency Room has to keep you from dying right there is NOT universal health coverage. This was the point I was making in context I can only assume you are too retarded to understand.

That's exactly what it is, liar.

No, that's NOT what it is. The CONTEXT was that you claimed that it was okay working folks wages were flat because health insurance costs have gone up (mostly because of the greed of big health, big pharma and big insurance."

So really, no one says, "Yeah, my boss ain't paying me shit when you adjust for inflation, but he's sending more money to Cigna so Ed Hanaway can have a NINE FIGURE salary."

the logical fallacy in the o/p is the implication that there are only two extremes, pretending you have no morality absent the bible, and some marxian a-religious philosophy.

the reality is that one doesn't need the bible to be moral. and, frankly, i have seen some pretty immoral spew from some of the most self-styled religious types on this board and in real life.

just saying.

Covered earlier.

Read more than the first panel when you have time.

Liar.

The quote I provided was from another Leftist.....HuffPo

Lot was counted righteous for his faith in God in spite of his foibles.

Okay, I'm going to explain this to you.

OFFERING YOUR DAUGHTER UP FOR GANG RAPE IS NOT A FOIBLE!!!!

GETTING DRUNK OFF YOUR ASS AND GETTING YOUR DAUGHTER PREGNANT IS NOT A FOIBLE".

Lot would not be considered righteous today, he'd be thrown in jail until a fellow inmate shanked his sorry ass because even career criminals have fucking better standards than your Sky Pixie!

And your idea that God's standard of absolute moral perfection is sociopathic is just nuts.

Well, the problem I see here with the Bible GOd is that he's really kind of needy. He just NEEDS people to worship him. And he needs you to be ready to slaughter your children to prove your loyalty. (Which Abraham almost did and Jephthah ACTUALLY did, but Saul REFUSED to do, which is why God turned on him.)

It just shows you don't understand anything, let alone the reason Christ came and gave his life on our behalf. So since you think you are righteous and above the redemptive work of Christ, you remain in your sin.

I never claimed to be righteous. I'm arrogant, crude and take a little fun sadistic pleasure out of mocking complete morons like Political Chick.

But I've always found the Jesus story a little silly. So God was SOOOOO upset the lady listened to the talking snake that he cursed humanity forever, then spent centuries finding ways to torture them, and then he decided that instead of just lifting his curse, he was going to make himself a person and suffer a human death which didn't even count because he came right back to life. I mean, man, what a fucking Drama Queen.

Forum List

Back