Prayers for Fuel Rod

I just hope Chris has two bossey pushy sisters to get those doctors in line like my brother did. Although my brother died anyway but his condition was terminal. But he would've died 2 years sooner if not for my sister and me looking stuff up on the Internet and nagging the doctors.

Doctors don't give a crap.
^This^

Doctors wanted to pull the plug on my Mother a year and a half ago. They said she was comatose, had only 10 percent lung capacity, her kidneys were failing and probably suffered brain damage. Plus they said even if she were to wake up she may not survive pulling the breathing tube out.

Doc said "I've had 3 other patients like her this week and none of them survived".

Well, we didn't pull the plug. My Mother fully recovered and is doing just fine now.

I just hope Chris has two bossey pushy sisters to get those doctors in line like my brother did. Although my brother died anyway but his condition was terminal. But he would've died 2 years sooner if not for my sister and me looking stuff up on the Internet and nagging the doctors.

^This^

Doctors wanted to pull the plug on my Mother a year and a half ago. They said she was comatose, had only 10 percent lung capacity, her kidneys were failing and probably suffered brain damage. Plus they said even if she were to wake up she may not survive pulling the breathing tube out.

Doc said "I've had 3 other patients like her this week and none of them survived".

Well, we didn't pull the plug. My Mother fully recovered and is doing just fine now.
I am so thankful your Mother survived and is well, Mad Scientist. :thup:

This morning Chris has reverted to a comatose state. His church/friends/family stay with him in shifts supporting his wife so that she may tend to herself and boys a bit. He is stable. Cause remains unknown.

I swear stupid doctors. I'm telling you it's west Nile virus. He probably has encephalitis that's why he comotose. Somebody tell them to fix it. I'm so frustrated.
I understand they can lower a healthy person's temperature for a few hours, then slowly raise it over 24 hours in case of a coma. I can't remember what the cause was. I'm sure those doctors are being very careful with him and doing all in their power to bring him back well and in good spirits.

That is my hope and prayer. :eusa_pray:

Think positive for Fuel Rod, all. They say that's good medicine even from afar. I hope so.

And KikiCanolli, thanks so much for being our go-between for Fuel Rod.

^This^

Glad to hear it.

But the decision should be the family's.

This morning Chris has reverted to a comatose state. His church/friends/family stay with him in shifts supporting his wife so that she may tend to herself and boys a bit. He is stable. Cause remains unknown.

I swear stupid doctors. I'm telling you it's west Nile virus. He probably has encephalitis that's why he comotose. Somebody tell them to fix it. I'm so frustrated.
I understand they can lower a healthy person's temperature for a few hours, then slowly raise it over 24 hours in case of a coma. I can't remember what the cause was. I'm sure those doctors are being very careful with him and doing all in their power to bring him back well and in good spirits.

That is my hope and prayer. :eusa_pray:

Think positive for Fuel Rod, all. They say that's good medicine even from afar. I hope so.

And KikiCanolli, thanks so much for being our go-between for Fuel Rod.

Having been in a coma (Glasgow Coma Scale 13*) it is a rough road back; 6 months later, AOK, but the first few months were weird; had to learn to walk, talk, use utensils, control bodily functions, EVERYTHING, all over again.

*1999, cause HYPONATREMIA, DEHYDRATION.

Update from his wife and its great news!

is sleeping half the day, half awake. He is tracking better with people, focusing more. He blinks, winks, nods, squeezes hands on command. The nurse even got FuelRod to smile once when asked! All the tests are in and they are negative, they are calling this thing viral menegitis. It's a slow process of healing and it's hard to be patient. Thankful to the Lord for small improvements though. Me and the boys are holding strong and learning to not to take life and our loved ones for granted. Keep the prayers coming!! ♥

So scary. I haven't known what to say but I'm watching and sending good vibes from the sideline. Thanks for the update.

Ernie he is between 47 & 52, I can't remember!

Good to read, and I'm thinking of any, and all, posters in or around Mobile, Al., and Escambia County, Fl. Flash floods, bizarre weather as far east as my county.

Viral meningitis is a terrible disease but at least it is possible to recover from it and improvement is always seen as answered prayer to those who pray--as a blessing to all of us whether or not we pray.

Hang in Fuel Rod and prayers continue.

Viral meningitis is a terrible disease but at least it is possible to recover from it and improvement is always seen as answered prayer to those who pray--as a blessing to all of us whether or not we pray.

Hang in Fuel Rod and prayers continue.

I hope he is past the worst of it. I know little about the virus, there were three people in my county who were infected about 30 years ago. Three & only three, I don't know if much else was ever discovered as to WHY.

Update from his wife and its great news!

is sleeping half the day, half awake. He is tracking better with people, focusing more. He blinks, winks, nods, squeezes hands on command. The nurse even got FuelRod to smile once when asked! All the tests are in and they are negative, they are calling this thing viral menegitis. It's a slow process of healing and it's hard to be patient. Thankful to the Lord for small improvements though. Me and the boys are holding strong and learning to not to take life and our loved ones for granted. Keep the prayers coming!! ♥

Misty called it on the menegitits.

Now i am a bit worried about all the people he was in contact with..... Hopefully is wife and kids are not in danger.

I know someone who died of that. Contracted it christmas day, died 2 days later. Thank the Lord the caught it in time. May his healing be swift and complete.

Forum List

Back